◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments

I'd like to announce yet another exciting partnership with our friends at ButtKicker, the world's foremost brand of low frequency audio transducers! The ButtKicker Challenge IV will span our November and December seasons, and at the end of these two short months we'll enter the finalists into a random drawing. The winner of the random drawing will win a ButtKicker Gamer2!!

The ButtKicker Gamer2 features an all-new, rock-solid digital power amplifier that cranks 90 watts into your sim racing rig or seat. This convection cooled (fanless) amplifier includes a wired remote control and a base stand for vertical placement. Feel the gut-wrenching punch of a crash, the pounding of fenders, racing engines, backfires, gear shifts, rumble strips, screeching tires, engine throttle and more. Turn down or turn off your subwoofer and still feel all the bass - even while using headphones. Take your sim racing experience to the next level of realism with the ButtKicker Gamer2!!

Rules for the ButtKicker Challenge IV:

• One ButtKicker point will be awarded for each Sunday night race that a drivers competes in
    • Drivers who are not on the starting grid for any reason (network issues, lack of DLC, being late, etc) will not receive a ButtKicker point
    • Any driver that is imposed a penalty by the stewards will also be docked an equal amount of ButtKicker points
    • The more ButtKicker points a driver has earned, the better odds he will have at winning the random prize drawing
    • ButtKicker points will be docked for inappropriate behavior in the lounge or on the thread (e.g. posting a public racing complaint instead of filing an incident report)
    • This prize will not be shipped outside the United States or Canada
>>> ButtKicker Challenge IV Point Standings COMING SOON <<<

Don't forget about your exclusive ButtKicker discounts!!

SNAILBKSK (for the ButtKicker Simulation Kit)
SNAILBKGR2 (for the ButtKicker Gamer2)
SNAILSHIPPING (for free shipping)

Last edited:
Thanks aerolite. So, after noticing all my favorite numbers taken, I'm taking the 50 since no one has it and my cars will be painted in Premium Yellow Pearl with black wheels.
I also noticed that there's a lot of repeated numbers.

Thanks aerolite. So, after noticing all my favorite numbers taken, I'm taking the 50 since no one has it and my cars will be painted in Premium Yellow Pearl with black wheels.
I also noticed that there's a lot of repeated numbers.
As long as you try to keep it different within your div you are ok.

McLaren may still be paying off that $100 Million dollar fine from 2007. Which Alonso had a hand in getting levied.
Alonso had absolutely nothing to do with this fine, McLaren was fined for espionage (possession of Ferrari documents) and the fine was paid years ago (they even got a tax break on the fine). 100 million US dollars is a drop in the bucket for a team like McLaren.

As far as teams like Ferrari and Red Bull not collecting as much championship money, this really has little effect on the top team's bottom lines or their race budgets for the following season. I believe Red Bull especially, one of the largest and most profitable companies in the world, will suffer zero financial woes due to not winning the F1 Championship, and it's been proven that more money does not equal more championships. You only have to look back a few years at Toyota and Honda, who threw more money into their F1 teams than most of the others combined, and still delivered 0 championships and only 1 win (Honda, 2006).

Alonso had absolutely nothing to do with this fine, McLaren was fined for espionage (possession of Ferrari documents) and the fine was paid years ago (they even got a tax break on the fine). 100 million US dollars is a drop in the bucket for a team like McLaren.

As far as teams like Ferrari and Red Bull not collecting as much championship money, this really has little effect on the top team's bottom lines or their race budgets for the following season. I believe Red Bull especially, one of the largest and most profitable companies in the world, will suffer zero financial woes due to not winning the F1 Championship, and it's been proven that more money does not equal more championships. You only have to look back a few years at Toyota and Honda, who threw more money into their F1 teams than most of the others combined, and still delivered 0 championships and only 1 win (Honda, 2006).

Research I've done indicates differently. The initial investigation was closed, but got re-opened after an apparent tif Alonzo had with the team boss and some threats were made, emails sent and a couple drivers traded their evidence for immunity.

A million dollars is still a goodly chunk, even for teams spending over 1 or 2 hundred million to stay in the game. Any loss of revenue in the million dollar magnitude to any business venture, will be looked at fairly closely and adjustments of some kind will be made.

-Attention Division 3 Racers-

I will be the primary host for D3 this season and as you should already know that it is open as a 'friends only' room. With that being said, you will need to send tcrash15 a friend request to be able to join in the fun. It is up to you to send me your 'friend request' and I will be accepting them up until 9pm ET / 6pm PT tonight. So don't wait until the last minute or you will have to wait until next Sunday. I will open the room at 10 past the hour and would like to ask that everyone join as early as you can to make sure there is no connection issue and everyone can see one another. I like to start the races as soon as @JLBowler gives the go ahead to start the night.

If you are not sure what division you are in, click here .

All Division 3 duties are filled for tonight's race:tup:

Had much fun yesterday in the SNAIL practice room :)
Even was my first time hosting at least for a few minutes, unfortunately I had to left the room after failing to get on track.
Finally, where that lady (Cindy, don't remember well her user ID) came from?
She was so fast!!

@JLBowler
Just NOTICED @QEDXY is not on drivers list is there something I don't know

He is listed in the results document in D8. I will get him added to the posted drivers list when I'm back at that computer.

This is why ALL drivers should check the drivers list to be sure it appears correct to them. There is a lot of data being transferred every time that list is updated and it's possible that I'm going to miss something.

The Director's (Scoring) Document has been prepped and is ready for scoring tonight. I swear, one wrong character and the brooms go bonkers in there.

Had much fun yesterday in the SNAIL practice room :)
Even was my first time hosting at least for a few minutes, unfortunately I had to left the room after failing to get on track.
Finally, where that lady (Cindy, don't remember well her user ID) came from?
She was so fast!!
It was fun JJ. We had a good mix of divisions with very few incidents and no aggressiveness. The racecract was very good.

It was fun JJ. We had a good mix of divisions with very few incidents and no aggressiveness. The racecract was very good.

I have to disagree. The racing in the Isuzu was horrible. I really hope everyone tonight can get through sector 1 without playing bumper cars. T1 seemed to be what I'd expect, but the bus stop after that was terrible.

I have to disagree. The racing in the Isuzu was horrible. I really hope everyone tonight can get through sector 1 without playing bumper cars. T1 seemed to be what I'd expect, but the bus stop after that was terrible.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't race that combo. That bus stop is tricky. It's imperative that we hold our line (inside/outside) through there. That is one of the biggest issues I've experienced lately; drivers either drifting out or turning in through turns.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't race that combo. That bus stop is tricky. It's imperative that we hold our line (inside/outside) through there. That is one of the biggest issues I've experienced lately; drivers either drifting out or turning in through turns.
i usually drift it but ive learned to use that as a set up for the next turn

Just heard that Andrea De Cesaris died today after a motorbike accident. He raced in 208 F1 GP between 1980 and 1994 and while he never managed to win a GP, when he was on form he was a very exciting driver to watch. I happened to see him in action in 1986 at Brands Hatch and caught this pic of him after his car expired.

nrdt.jpg

RIP Andrea.

Also, my thoughts are with Jules Bianchi after today's horrible accident. What a bizarre coincidence for such a similar accident to befall another Marussia driver after what happened to Maria de Villota.

For many years I spent either the first or second weekend of October in a sleepy little village in upstate New York. On the first occasion I had driven to Keuka College in Penn Yan for a blind date...from Maine ( longest blind date in history...10 hours at 80 plus). On Saturday my date ( what was her name...lol) said there's a race at the Glen. I replied...what's a Glen?
Turns out the Student center had 4 tickets left so off we went. We spent the night in a cozy sleeping bag and were awakened by Bandini's V-12Ferrari at full song down at the Kendall tech center. I really did not know what this F1 was all about....but I liked it. My love of motor racing was born.

View attachment 234417 View attachment 234418
I just looked at the ticket for the last F1 race I attended in Montreal. I sat at L'epingle ( hairpin, silver grandstand front row at the exit apex ......had the tickets for around 10 years..)... 150 Canadian for the day about 275 or 300 for the weekend. The Program was $15 I think. Compared to $10.50 for the weekend and the program..at the Glen in 66....and they threw in a poster for free which is STILL on my wall. Total weekend cost with 20 hour drive less than a hundred bucks....a typical frugal Current Montreal weekend @ 900 Canadian (camping in own rv). Liked 66 much more...great race...saw all drivers...actually touched Clarks Lotus.

Edit; Andrea "De Crasheris" was actually quite good despite his accident filled F3 days..too young to go too soon.

I just heard this news too. RIP Andrea.

The Jules news is horrible. I'm really disappointed in the organization of the race. The FIA apparently suggested to bump the race up either to Saturday, or at least to an earlier start, to try to avoid the bad weather, but local organizers resisted. Racing in torrential rain within half an hour of sunset without sufficient track lighting is not acceptable. Also, one source said the weather was not acceptable for the MedEvac helicopter to take off, but then it did shortly after. If the conditions were not suitable for the helicopter, it seems like there is a rule that states the race can not proceed. I seriously hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery. I really wanted to see what he could achieve behind the wheel of a front running car. It's upsetting when it takes an incident like this to either change the rules, or the personnel that should be enforcing them.

I just looked at the ticket for the last F1 race I attended in Montreal. I sat at L'epingle ( hairpin, silver grandstand front row at the exit apex ......had the tickets for around 10 years..)... 150 Canadian for the day about 275 or 300 for the weekend. The Program was $15 I think. Compared to $10.50 for the weekend and the program..at the Glen in 66....and they threw in a poster for free which is STILL on my wall. Total weekend cost with 20 hour drive less than a hundred bucks....a typical frugal Current Montreal weekend @ 900 Canadian (camping in own rv). Liked 66 much more...great race...saw all drivers...actually touched Clarks Lotus.

Edit; Andrea "De Crasheris" was actually quite good despite his accident filled F3 days..too young to go too soon.

I was just at this years Grand Prix in Montreal. I sat at the hairpin on Saturday, in the grandstand on the end of it, great seat to see up the track before the braking zone, and way down the straight towards the final chicane. Price was $530 for a roaming ticket that had me at T8/9 grandstand on Friday, hairpin on Saturday, and the finish line on Sunday. I was looking at prices for some other races, like Silverstone, or Austin, and both were more expensive than Montreal. Seems like you got a steal at Watkins Glen, haha.

The bus stop is far more manageable if you lift out of the throttle just a tiny bit more, so your line can be far more predictable, but yesterday people were not willing to try that. The slow car seems to get people in a rush to move forward, and all that happened was everyone bounced off of each other and into walls. I predict that at least 75% of the IRs from that round will be in the bus stop.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is a bug that has occurred before but, in the last 2 days I have seen issues where cars can not get up to speed. The driver's MPH\KPH shows normal, but they can't get anywhere near their normal lap time. It is almost like they are being moved backwards every few frames. In the Suzuka GP race I was in today, 3 cars had to retire to the pits for this reason. Yesterday in knock out qualifying this also happened. We did have 16 in the lobbies so maybe that contributed to the issue. I ran behind and passed one of those cars, which was very unusual as he is one of the fastest drivers in GT6, the car did not exhibit any visible lagging. Perhaps this is a known issue, but I have never been in a lobby where it happened. Just a heads up, you are not crazy if it should happen to anyone tonight.

It's only"horrible" if you try to drive it like a race car! Like I said when I picked it, patience and smooth driving will pay off. Lets see what people think after we are done tonight.

Latest Posts

Back