◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on October 19, 2014

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. LLOYDZ_ELITE69 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 81 (prize nullified because D1 replays were not uploaded by deadline)
  2. Hydromatos22 ------ did not submit a vote
  3. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Kgffy28 ----------- did not submit a vote
  6. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. gtr3123 ----------- did not submit a vote
  10. Bryds ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. dangerzone641 ----- did not submit a vote
  12. xXl_R-rated_lXx --- did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 89.1 (68.25 for prize purposes only)
  2. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. TheNoseKnows__ ---- did not submit a vote

Division 3
  1. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 78 (87.63 for Prize B)
  2. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. hammersedge65 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. faciar ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. GTP_Patrick1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. gotdirt410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. zii1993 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 4
  1. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (88.26 for Prize A)
  2. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. chevron ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. spyagent1439 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. gofaster2013 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. whatbadgerseat ---- did not submit a vote

Division 5
  1. drb1269247 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (83.44 for Prize C)
  2. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. MaDDstAR116 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. John-Rambo_4g ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. GTP_RACECAR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. DesertPenguin09 --- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (prize nullified because D6 replays were not uploaded by deadline)
  2. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. singlepaddy ------- did not submit a vote
  7. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. HandlebarMustash -- did not submit a vote

Division 7
  1. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (71.73 for prize purposes only)
  2. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. D1_driver_83 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Oog_42 ------------ did not submit a vote

Division 8
  1. MCA_UNITED2008 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 95 (ineligible for prizes)
  2. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Dr_StrangePhd ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Ch11chcftzp ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. EBishiop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. QEDXY ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. thatguyyouknoe ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. a_ce14 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. dcschwinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Ronwill73 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '89 (Sport Hard tires) at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @kadrek wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 (Sport Soft tires) at Nurburgring GP/D (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @fzappa gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @IceManFan_7 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history or other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Last edited:
Awesomesauce.

upload_2014-10-20_21-32-4.jpeg

Last edited:
Snail has been debating that problem for a long time without any success. The lack of respect faster drivers show for slower drivers is sickening and making more and more people giving up the once "a learning experience" Thursdays practice sessions.

I can understand the frustration, but on the other hand, there's the risk and "driving on the edge" factor that those faster drivers seem to have a better understanding of, which is why they're faster. The bigger the risk, the faster you go, the harder you push, the better the reward, correct? Some people will just have that more than others. Some fast drivers will be more patient, but for the most part, they won't be the fastest. It's a very tough balance to strike right, and it will go wrong for each and every single one of them at some point. After all, we're human, we make mistakes.

If we want people to practice properly on Thursdays, and have more people show up as well, shall I suggest making a rule where full time drivers MUST attend at least 2 Thursday practices in the month (3 race Sundays are required), and part time drivers MUST attend at least 1 Thursday practice a month. This ensures people are getting the seat time that can help reduce incidents and get people more familiar with combos. Either that, or also have a Sunday practice session much earlier in the day, or 2 warm-up rooms on the Sunday. Any feedback on those ideas? I want to try to help make these races more fun, because I'm sensing some sour feelings around here.

If you would like to include your data, or edit existing data, please click this link. To view existing data, click the table above.
I'm amazed at how far this has been taken. To think I just asked people how old they were and it turned into a well organized spreadsheet and an always updating chart. Thank you, I know I would never have done it like that.

I can't always make Thursday practices. They haven't been a great experience when I do. However, I race with Xrad, Gouletzky, msgt-sd, Hydromatos, and R-rated quite often during the week. I know it's not an "organized" practice, but it is practice. Sometimes we have a pretty good mix of all divisions. Another positive, is how clean it is compared to Thursday practices. Just my "mandatory practice" take.

I can't always make Thursday practices. They haven't been a great experience when I do. However, I race with Xrad, Gouletzky, msgt-sd, Hydromatos, and R-rated quite often during the week. I know it's not an "organized" practice, but it is practice. Sometimes we have a pretty good mix of all divisions. Another positive, is how clean it is compared to Thursday practices. Just my "mandatory practice" take.
Same goes here. School is basically my life at the moment and homework is a plenty.

I can understand the frustration, but on the other hand, there's the risk and "driving on the edge" factor that those faster drivers seem to have a better understanding of, which is why they're faster. The bigger the risk, the faster you go, the harder you push, the better the reward, correct? Some people will just have that more than others. Some fast drivers will be more patient, but for the most part, they won't be the fastest. It's a very tough balance to strike right, and it will go wrong for each and every single one of them at some point. After all, we're human, we make mistakes.

If we want people to practice properly on Thursdays, and have more people show up as well, shall I suggest making a rule where full time drivers MUST attend at least 2 Thursday practices in the month (3 race Sundays are required), and part time drivers MUST attend at least 1 Thursday practice a month. This ensures people are getting the seat time that can help reduce incidents and get people more familiar with combos. Either that, or also have a Sunday practice session much earlier in the day, or 2 warm-up rooms on the Sunday. Any feedback on those ideas? I want to try to help make these races more fun, because I'm sensing some sour feelings around here.

Who and how would you monitor who attends the practice nights? What would be the ramifications of not attending?

I can understand the frustration, but on the other hand, there's the risk and "driving on the edge" factor that those faster drivers seem to have a better understanding of, which is why they're faster. The bigger the risk, the faster you go, the harder you push, the better the reward, correct? Some people
will just have that more than others. Some
fast drivers will be more patient, but for the most part, they won't be the fastest. It's a very tough balance to strike right, and it will
go wrong for each and every single one of them at some point. After all, we're human,
we make mistakes.

If we want people to practice properly on
Thursdays, and have more people show up as well, shall I suggest making a rule where full time drivers MUST attend at least 2 Thursda
y practices in the month (3 race Sundays are required), and part time drivers MUST atten
at least 1 Thursday practice a month. This
ensures people are getting the seat time that
can help reduce incidents and get people more familiar with combos. Either that, or
also have a Sunday practice session much earlier in the day, or 2 warm-up rooms on the
Sunday. Any feedback on those ideas? I want to try to help make these races more

fun, because I'm sensing some sour feelings around here.

This is obviously never going to happen so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

"Practice? Man.. We talkin' bout practice.... Practice!"

Requiring it? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

As for faster drivers 'driving on the edge' -I can't accept that as a rationale for failing to follow OLR or proper concessions in mixed rooms. Here is my take: In a race where a higher division driver can climb through the field through skill and racecraft, I will believe their racecraft and skill when the same driver then cleanly moves through a reverse grid of slower drivers, especially without punting slower guys in the first lap of a reverse grid. It actually happens quite a bit, it is cool to see. I love the patience and marvel at their lines.

There are good drivers, good drivers who are fast, and fast drivers. I don't mind being on the track with two of those groups. Fortunately, we have a lot of those. The other group... I don't waste my limited track time with, especially for half-apologies later.

Clarifying - I haven't ever raced with @Falango - Not at all intending to cast aspersions on you nor your racecraft. I would simply counter "if the harder you push (even in practice) the bigger the reward," then the penalty for failing and wiping out another when an edge-seeking driver pushes past their own skill level - even in practice - should theoretically be commensurate. Reward without risk isn't a reward, imho.

We are not getting paid (not real money) for winning in practice. It isn't really a reward Practice what you actually hope to do - hopefully: Race Clean, Race Fast... Race SNAIL.

I understand that falango but... IT'S PRACTICE! Practice! We should be practicing, not racing on practice days and the problem is that a lot of people, specially D1's ultra egos bring they're own fierce rivalries to the practice sessions, brushing and plowing everyone off the way for the sake of they're own private disputes! I've seen that millions of times over this past 2 years and a half I'm in snail.

Prize B Pick

I'll take ' Freeze the Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10' for a 1000 Alex

-EDIT-

@zer05ive @JLBowler @Dragonwhisky
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I reread the prize instructions and notice that there is no freezing part of the combo anymore? If that's correct then I will test some tracks tomorrow night and post the choice then.

Last edited:
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The right to "freeze" either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes

Prize B Pick

I'll take ' Freeze the Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10' for a 1000 Alex

-EDIT-

@zer05ive @JLBowler @Dragonwhisky
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I reread the prize instructions and notice that there is no freezing part of the combo anymore? If that's correct then I will test some tracks tomorrow night and post the choice then.

It seems to me, assuming Prize B replaces GP/D, then Prize C can only freeze the car. Therefore, no Prize C choice; it's already decided for the driver. I'm confused. :boggled: What if Prize C chooses not to freeze; then what choice does he have?

Latest Posts

Back