◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
I remember the narrow street course. I think it was Citi 'd Aria but I could be completely wrong on that one. There were a couple of sections that were not even two cars wide and had buildings at the edge of the track. Seattle was not a narrow street course. It was basically the superspeedway of street courses that have appeared in GT.

Ooohh! Now I remember that course... I think you are right about the name. If I remember right, it WAS a very tricky track and wasn't it more suited for rally? (I could be thinking of Tahiti) but it is most definitely not SNAIL friendly affair!

I'd like to officially announce that the October 2013 season results are final. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I wanted to highlight the division champions:

Division 1
QwietStorm03

Division 2
rmb_senna

Division 3
GTP_Ph7shr

Division 4
cmbeal317

Congratulations to each one of you! :cheers:

Congrats to the division winners.

I ran some laps of the new combos:

Alfa @ clubman - 59.0 which would mean 11 laps

Camaro RM @ Laguna - 1:27.2 which would mean 7 laps

Of course that is assuming I am within a few seconds of the fast times.

Let's get some photos for me to use this week:)

Announcing the November Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions for the month of November.

We're contracting to 3 Divisions this month, primarily due to the fact we're playing a game that's over two years old. Be that as it may, to all the S.N.A.I.L.s that come out to play week after week, Thank You! Just look at all the One Year trophies on our drivers list :D

There's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be promoted or relegated are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just putting in laps.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT5.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

N.B. If you were promoted and don't have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the November season, please send a PSN Friend Request to the appropriate SNAIL_DivisionX account. If for some reason your Friend Request is not accepted, let us know by posting on the thread!

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

:lol:

Grats on your promotion to D1. I was looking forward to attempting to keep up with you in the duece.

Thanks, I think. Should be fun, got a bunch of guys up there that I've race with before, so I'm real familiar with their taillights! And some new ones to etch into my brain.

Congrats on your promotion too!

Thanks, I think. Should be fun, got a bunch of guys up there that I've race with before, so I'm real familiar with their taillights! And some new ones to etch into my brain.

Congrats on your promotion too!

If we were running karts we'd all be looking at the taillights from your kart as well as DrKronin's and dabney's.

wow, looks a little more reality tvish this time around...
That said, I do look forward to seeing what driving challenges they faced and how the SNAILs did.

HEY Thursday practice racers... can I get someone to HOST/Direct practice tonight?
:gtpflag:👍

Please let me know if you can do it.

Scratch me off the list. Since it was decided that we start practice a half hour earlier, I can't do it anymore. I'm sure that somebody will step up and take care of that for you.

:cheers:Congrats to all the Division Champs and all that got promoted! Was quite an exciting month for me at least, didn't start strong in the first week, but found some rad fish speed from papa fish! :lol: Considered I beat dragon by 4 points to end Octobers month, I gotta share this championship with the dragon! Seemed like every race me and him were always battling for any position and man oh man it was fun! Im glad I see a lot of our Fast Division 3 guys moving up as they diserve too! Cant wait too what Division 2 has to offer! Here I come D2! I brought my former Division 3 fish speed boys! yes I was the captain of division 3, because yanno im the fish and well the fish is just too much of a beast with his skill:lol:

See you guys this sunday! Been a pleasure racing you all and learning stuff from the faster guys to become faster for myself! :cheers: <---- that's the Fish drink in there (Arizona Drink) (fish's favorite drink) oh oh that means when I went upstairs after my victory last sunday my dad left an Arizona up there and 3 arby cheesebergers, I guess papa fish knew I was going to beat the dragon and wanted to celebrate :lol:

Congrats to all... Back in D3 again (same way as I left it... ;-). )

I will see if there is any practice about if the ToT'ers have tapered off by then.

Scratch me off the list. Since it was decided that we start practice a half hour earlier, I can't do it anymore. I'm sure that somebody will step up and take care of that for you.
Would you like to do a practice that starts later? The early start time is a killer for me but I can usually get on around 9:00-10:00 pacific with 10:00-11:00 being the best time for me.

Not so 'Fast' there, Fastfox, on the backmarker back-sliding...

You may be surprised. Speed matters, but...

Consistency (as it took me painfully long to begin to remotely grasp) may be a force, perhaps even a powerful force, to be considered.

Ergo, be as consistent as possible.

Sure wish I could learn that part a mite faster, but, it's report card time...

any of you guys got some drift pictures up on Photobucket or some such site? Need some for a banner I am putting together.

Not at the moment. Busy with the crumbsnatcher brigade. Wife & kids leave tomorrow for 4-5 days, so... Let's go with "I can get back to you in a day or two..."

:cheers:

any of you guys got some drift pictures up on Photobucket or some such site? Need some for a banner I am putting together.

I have many form GT5. I can link you to my flickr account and you can look thru and use the ones you want

Hey everyone, thanks for an awesome October season!! I'll be announcing the GranStand Challenge finalists soon, so get ready to make your picks. Fast drivers driving fast cars in Abu Dhabi this weekend will help determine the winner of the GranStand wheel stand!

So what's next? What could we have in store for the November/December challenge? Could we possibly have yet another awesome new prize lined up for you guys?

Perhaps. ;)

Last edited:
I plan on buying a Granstand if I do not win one, this time around.

I have a feeling that watching the Redskins vs Cowboys a few weeks ago instead of racing may put me out of the discussion for prizes, but I will have one either through luck or supporting our sponsor in a few weeks. :lol:

Back