◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Would love to join up!
-5 est would love to have people to race with.

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I'm down! This sounds fun! Sounds like a very good measure of ones true skill.

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

So begins the process of deleting the entire game data and reinstalling. This coin thing is silly, and broken. I wasn't going to come to the dark side but this is beyond silly. 100k for a 20 minute race smh

No regrets man. You bought the game to race online and like me surely wouldn't mind investing an hour or so each week earning credits if the pay out was close to million or two million credits per hour. However that's not the case. I'd even shelled out some money had the credits been a worthy buy.

Like $10 -$20 for 50 million.

Oh well Sony and PD got greedy and now they are paying for it.

So begins the process of deleting the entire game data and reinstalling. This coin thing is silly, and broken. I wasn't going to come to the dark side but this is beyond silly. 100k for a 20 minute race smh

You are not coming to the dark side, young padawan. You are embracing the only pure and true thing that passes unbiased judgement on all systems. Economics. Trumps. All.

The directions are clear!

Don't mind him @i_max, he's just had his 110th birthday and is probably still grumping off a two day hangover. ;):lol:

The Time Trial Instructions and Submission Form are here. I'm planning to re-do mine with my GTEye brake mod and do it with the clutch and H-Gate just to see where I stand using both.

You know, I see it as being a virtual CEO. Your not breaking rules, your using a loop hole. if they didn't want you to use it, they wouldn't have left such a glaring issue right?

You know, I see it as being a virtual CEO. Your not breaking rules, your using a loop hole. if they didn't want you to use it, they wouldn't have left such a glaring issue right?

I would refer to it as "Managing a Successful Portfolio of Investment".

If you have a medium to large garage of cars, a word of caution..

I chose Select All to update car images... It is about 10 seconds each, or 6 cars per minute... I guess I can do some Honey-Do chores for an hour and a half or so. :rolleyes:

If you have a medium to large garage of cars, a word of caution..

I chose Select All to update car images... It is about 10 seconds each, or 6 cars per minute... I guess I can do some Honey-Do chores for an hour and a half or so. :rolleyes:
I did that also. Expect about 90 min. of "free" time.

I did most of my "buying" after I patched and did the update image thing before I did start buying. I only have about 120 cars or so and at least 50 of them were my bankrolls. Down to about 40 of them left. Might go on another spending spree today.

Just for those of you who might be wondering about equipment differences;

New SNAIL Placement TT times;
Standard G27 Brake Spring & Flappy Paddle shifting - 1:43.896
GTEye Brake Spring & Flappy Paddle shifting - 1:43.532
GTEye Brake Spring & Clutch + H-Gate shifting - 1:44.255 (think I could get this into the 43s once I teach myself to be quicker getting my right hand back to the wheel after shifting.)

I have no idea what it might have been, clutch & H gate, on the standard brake spring, as I didn't do it that way before I swapped in the new spring.

I distinctly remember grinding the super speedway endurance race on GT3. 45 minutes with the Escudo for 100k.

I agree it is silly but at least we have a means of getting around grinding. I just wish it was a little less time consuming. Maybe something like:

up up down down left right left right B A B A START :D

I was messing around on the Willow Springs track with some little cars and made up a small "Rallycross" style course using the green hockey pucks as waypoints. With either the Alto RS-Z or the little R8 Gordini (both on Comfort Soft, no Traction OR ABS on), it was quite fun.

If you feel like messing about on it, let me know what you think.

ZNZpGHL.jpg

Handlebar, sounds interesting. I'd like to see how your doing it. Maybe tomorrow you will be in and can show me what's up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
S.N.A.I.L.
-=Stamina Series=-

The Official Line Up:

86 Race Car Base Model '12
(Sport Soft Tires)
11364742624_bc5cba4ef6_o.jpg

BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
(Racing Hards Tires)
11364742594_b9281b889c_o.jpg

M3 GT2 Base Model '11
(Racing Mediums Tires)
11364742584_5e61615f72_o.jpg

McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95
(Racing Soft Tires)
11364742644_d08961b44d_o.jpg

The season will start January 8th 2014. 4 cars 16 races! There will be nearly $100 in prizes to be given away. Everyone entered can earn a prize!

Races will be 100 minutes long.

New thread with sign ups and complete details coming soon!!!

Watch this thread or the Stamina thread for a link. As well my signature.

This will be an epic season no doubt.

Racing spots available. Current Stamina Series regulars have locked spots in the series.

Back