◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
It would seem that your division's scorekeeper didn't get that transferred over to the director's doc in time to make the results post.

I said in post #52755 that all votes and results needed to be in the directors doc by 11 pm ET and fizzer posted in post #52822 that he had just added your vote. That post was at 6:51 am ET.

If it's any consolation, combo 1 was 15 or so votes behind combo 2 for the most votes.

I submitted my vote at 7:18pm EST yesterday.

Just to confirm. I can freeze car or track
for my prize c choice correct? And if I do freeze say the car ,I can pick a new track
for said car. Yes? No? Maybe?

for my prize c choice correct? And if I do freeze say the car ,I can pick a new track

You have to wait for @Daniel Pinho to decide if he wants prize B or C. Whoever has prize C gets to choose which half of the combo to freeze and the prize B winner replaces the other half.

We are waiting for @Daniel Pinho to choose which prize he wants.

I submitted my vote at 7:18pm EST yesterday.

I have no doubt that you cast your vote before the deadline. Your division scorekeeper didn't get it recorded until after the results post (and the posted deadline) had been done.

Division 3 Round 1 Race 1
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04
at Ascari full track

On Track: @turnupdaheat , @Wolfsatz , @LeoStrop , @Xradkins ,@racefan78 , @JLBowler, @intoflatlines & @Dragonwhisky

Turnupdahead gets pole and steals it from me. I had pole for about 10 seconds.

Nice and tidy at the chicane.

Ready to receive an early gift from Turnupdaheat, he goes wide and into the grass and make the pass without incident.

1st lap and Racefan is also able to pass heat. This one is not so much the snail train.

Battle for 4th is tight.

Going through the 2nd Chicane, Racefan quickly closes the gap.

3 wide at The Hill. Xman is able to make a clean pass for 4th.

Racefan charges hard and gets very close.

Meanwhile, X gets an excellent run on Heat and makes a clean pass as Flatlines studies his chances.

At the 2nd Chicane and everyone in bounds!

Last Lap! Burning front tires but keeping in bounds; Racefan still looking for a tiny mistake to complete the pass.

But I am able to cruise to my 1st victory in D3 on GT6. :gtpflag: Excellent racecraft to @racefan78 he pushed hard but never over agressive to cause an incident.

Flatlines is able to make a pass on Heat on the last lap.

Division 3 Round 1 Reverse Grid
@LeoStrop starts in the front and is followed by DW.

Snail Rainbow at lap 2. Battle for 3rd.

Side by Side at the top of the Hill X defends the inside from Racefan's charge.

Flatlines defends the inside as X gets robbed from the draft. Good defending move from @intoflatlines to prevent the pass in 3rd lap.

X setting up for the pass 2 corners before @ The Hill...

...gets excellent momentum and completes the pass on the inside touch free even when Flatlines is running a very good defensive line. I tug right behind X to draft him, but ran out of track to complete the pass before the chicane.

Last lap and I fight to steal 4th from Flatlines...

... there is a small rub and I lift off to prevent a major incident... flatlines is able to maintain position.

...and racefan is closing the gap quickly.

While @Dragonwhisky is cruising in 2nd place seconds ahead of any threat.

Setting up for the pass at the Hill, and using the same technique as X...

I come side to side next to flatlines...

... but I have the advantage of having the inside line.

and able to complete the pass to the finish line withing 100ths of a second.

@LeoStrop seals victory

Everyone in D3 displayed great racecraft on this combo! :cheers:👍:):D

round 2 TBS.

Division 3 Round 2 Race 1
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 @ Cape Ring with Butter Tires

On Track @Xradkins with the pole, @LeoStrop, @Dragonwhisky , @Wolfsatz , @JLBowler , @racefan78 , @criscr , @intoflatlines , @turnupdaheat

X with his chosen combo monopolizes the pole. Too bad was a 1 Sunday drive as I liked it for its difficulty.

1st turn and everyone behaves.

And the Snail Train reappears for a short moment.

Battle for 3rd, Bowler charges on my tail with Racefan closely behind.

Seeing double

Late breaking point translates into an overshoot and I have to lift and that costs me 2 positions.

A few seconds behind, flatlines capitalizes on a mistake.

Charging back to recover from an earlier mistake, DW dives on the inside of turnupdaheat

Now in 5th, I decide to just 'drive' the car and somehow start making time and come up right behind racefan...

... and then on the straight around the inside pits we come up side to side but I am on the inside

Seconds later at the jump DW is coming close to flatlines...

and flatlines decides to try a different technique around the roulette

Fereck recovers from an earlier mistake and gets a position from turnupdaheat...

and then decides to give flatline's technique a go...

... turnupdaheat wants to get some space between them.

But DW has different plans and steals position from heat... yet again.

Somewhere else 1st, 2nd and 3rd are in cruising mode.

Fereck not liking flatlines tip presses the Nitrous

... and out of boredom Bowler tries flatlines technique and gives away 3rd

Fereck edges Heat by inches for 6th.

@hooker4 You only get to choose the 'unfrozen half'. You can choose track and car when you win prize A.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 23 March 2014
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, but I was looking over the incident reports for this week and see that there is an incident report against a prize winner. Could @Dragonwhisky, @zer05ive and @JLBowler look into this?

StewardsUpdate1.png

@KTR5 is correct. Thanks for the monkey wrench. ;) :dopey:

With the adjustments being forced after a catastrophic night of network disco bombs, we do have at least one prize winner with a Incident reported against them. This may change the order of prize candidates, yet again.

@ All Stewards, please make your way to the necessary resources and make your reviews as soon as possible, so we can get this week back on track.

Thank you.

D4 Replays are in the process of being moved from the Open Replay store to the Steward store. I will also check for the other missing divisions and moving them around as needed.

Near as I can tell, at the moment, we need D2's and D5's replays uploaded.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that you cast your vote before the deadline. Your division scorekeeper didn't get it recorded until after the results post (and the posted deadline) had been done.

I missed the deadline post. Boy wouldn't it be nice if we had subforums to keep all this organized, so important posts like that don't get lost in the flood ;)

Anyway, we just got another late vote in, but I guess its moot at this point.

Can we race these on Sunday?

I took this picture Fourth of July, 1984 at the Baylands Raceway park in Fremont, CA. Great complex for racing...until they bulldozed and put up condos.

Attachments

• jetdrags.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 9
Online if anyone cares to join
1472-6399-8408-2430-6938

Running the integra at rome reverse. Fun track and car combo. I think it would make for some good racing

Last edited:
Dude seriously? This is racing man, as much as we try to avoid, contacts do happen. Great racecraft only comes when you have more race time and learn through your mistakes. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT! Now get back in your seat and continue racing!

Sup rob1nd000d~ lol doesn't that sound cooler? jkjk

I actually thought about that. Rob1n Dude, kind of close to dud though... Change it to h but call me robin dude. I like it.

Same here to RobinHood. As I told you before, one of the tricks to win races is not looking at the rearview mirror, eheheh. Good job man.

sorry for those who already saw this post yesterday, but I forgot @dpinho1975 in the list of racers who helped me this week, and I strongly feel that my results are due to the generosity, time, work, and insight from the others who are listed, and some I forgot. They deserve the recognition for my results.

I'm just gonna risk a fish slap.

1. Racing just shows us that the goal is still there for the next week of practice, keeps us humble

knowing that we are human and we can't get totally beyond mistakes and chance and the wonderful

surprises that other drivers throw at us.

2. Credit goes to curiosity and desire from the spirit, it's there when i wake up (I respect others views in this area)

First credit goes to Poliphony Digital for creating this amazing amount of physics in a console game. (quote from @K1utch)

No matter how many problems occur (e.g. last night's supernova), and since, at this point, I cannot afford to race metal cars on asphalt tracks, I am very thankful and happy that it has been created, and that they created a way to do it on the social level.

Second credit goes to the people who created and maintain the S.N.A.I.L racing league. Three weeks ago I did not know anything about how much of what I wanted from racing was contained in this league.

Third credit goes to the person who invited me here, sorry I don't remember their name. Please let me know if you don't mind.

Fourth credit to the racers who took the time to teach me these last two weeks (This is the biggest part and why a racing league is so awesome, the other part being that they offer the practice/racing cycle). @K1utch (on breaking down the track, car physics & driving techniques), @VrapPlus (on breaking down the corners), @fizzer, @FloydC3, @Schmiggz, @Pifachu, @joe_diben, and others (the week before @TEX36 (Situational Awareness, Track boundaries and Passing responsibility). Sorry if I forgot someone. (Who was it that spent a half an hour inching our cars back and forth so we could figure out exactly when the side markers came on and changed colors and exactly when a car was half way up the side of our cars?) Credit here also goes to the racers in Division 7 who raced fair and did not let emotion get the best of them even when I made mistakes. ADDITION: forgot @dpinho1975, thanks.

Last and least credit goes to my long and hard (enjoyable) work, but even that comes from points One and Two above.

btw, if anyone wants, I'd be glad to pass on what I have been taught.

p.s. I just finally broke 2.30 on SPA (2:28.729) due to @msgt-sd & @dgaf95integra helping me tonight. I don't know how they did it, I didn't think it was possible (a 2:29), but they actually changed my whole perception of the track. They made it happen. Thanks very much!

Hello, I would like to join S.N.A.I.L. [Spec] Racing! :)
@Bacon Strips,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I'm thinking of opening up a "throwback" room in a bit just for fun.

Combos of interest (for me) would be the Amuse Nismo 380RS Superlegara @ Suzuka and the Light Car Company Rocket @ Brands Hatch. Other past cars/combos are welcome too... If there's some interest?

I'm thinking of opening up a "throwback" room in a bit just for fun.

Combos of interest (for me) would be the Amuse Nismo 380RS Superlegara @ Suzuka and the Light Car Company Rocket @ Brands Hatch. Other past cars/combos are welcome too... If there's some interest?

how about a race around the Nord? awaiting room number!

Back