◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Am I right in thinking that the reason a lot of the faster guys don't like race cars so much is because y'all actually run slower lines so you don't really untap the full potential of the race cars

quite the opposite... the faster you run... the more gap between 1st, 2nd, .... last. Fast race cars usually are not very conducive to close racing. Look at the gap times with the Renault Megane for example... or what happened last weekend at the Malaysian GP F1 race.

Only 8 cars ended up on the lead lap. :boggled:

Am I right in thinking that the reason a lot of the faster guys don't like race cars so much is because y'all actually run slower lines so you don't really untap the full potential of the race cars

That made little to no sense. How could we be fast if we're running slower lines?

That made little to no sense. How could we be fast if we're running slower lines?
Lol ok what I was referring to is I have followed some faster guys and the lines and the way they drive seems slower on a turn by turn basis but overall it makes for a very fast lap because its probably the smoothest line where as I may take a faster line through each corner I can and then I'm not set up for the next corner properly so now I've lost time after just two corners just something I need to work on

Lol ok what I was referring to is I have followed some faster guys and the lines and the way they drive seems slower on a turn by turn basis but overall it makes for a very fast lap because its probably the smoothest line where as I may take a faster line through each corner I can and then I'm not set up for the next corner properly so now I've lost time after just two corners just something I need to work on

So are you saying that..
2+and+2.jpg

Hence, your line is not faster...

In many cases, slow in = fast out. So you may be catching up to them at turn-in but you will need to scrub more speed off in the turn, or wait before you can accelerate at exit, and by then they are already going faster than you.

In the sake of simplicity, we could have D7 and D8 and WC only have 1 entry. That will make it 15 exactly.
Can everyone here tentatively confirm if you are able to race on Friday Night 9:30-10PM EST start time.

I have yet to hear from D4,D7 and WC. Area 51 and D8 are fully represented so far. Please let me know soonest if you are able to race this Friday 04/04.

D1
fizzer -- Confirmed
martin20az -- Confirmed

D2
ptslopoke -- Cannot Maket it :nervous: (2nd slot opens up)
chuyler1 -- Cannot Make it - (Next in line is @serge19)

D3
@Xradkins ?
Troggy -- Positively Uncertain

D4
@Daniel Pinho ?
@CanuckleheadII ?

D5
hooker4 -- Cannot Make it :( (one slot opens up - Taken by Elsbury)
FloydC3 -- Confirmed

D6
TEX36 -- Confirmed
@ExoSphere64 ?

D7
@rob1nh000d ?
@singlepaddy ?

D8
deaconblues82-- Confirmed
elsbury2 -- Confirmed

WC
@GranStand Bill ?
Neovre -- Cannot challenge Area 51 sadly :(

If @ExoSphere64 is not able to attend I will gladly team up with @TEX36 to represent D6.

In many cases, slow in = fast out. So you may be catching up to them at turn-in but you will need to scrub more speed off in the turn, or wait before you can accelerate at exit, and by then they are already going faster than you.

Agreed, my rule of thumb is focusing on exit speed...mid corner and corner entry will come along as you improve. You can easily gain/lose SECONDS with having a fast/slow exit speed (think about how much time you would gain going 5 mph faster down an ENTIRE straight at spa) Corner Entry if you are doing it incorrectly you are only losing tenths not seconds. Remember before you bash this...this is typically and sort of a rule of thumb that I personally use

I recommend doing a lot of the single turn license tests again if you haven't got all golds, that will show you where you are and where you are supposed to be, by racing your own ghost and slowly improving upon yourself.

Maybe that is why us "earthlings" run into the back of faster drivers at a tight corner (Turn 1 at Spa). We scrub off speed "during the turn" which reduces our exit speed. Hmmmm, I must remember that ........ but then my memory isn't speaking to me much these days.

Maybe that is why us "earthlings" run into the back of faster drivers at a tight corner (Turn 1 at Spa). We scrub off speed "during the turn" which reduces our exit speed. Hmmmm, I must remember that ........ but then my memory isn't speaking to me much these days.
That's what I'm talking about

D4 drivers who are making suggestions. Do NOT post a car you are thinking about suggesting. Only make one post with your suggestion. Multiple suggestions will void all the suggestions you made. If you post the name of a car, it is your suggestion. You also need to read the rules regarding cars and the tires they run before you suggest a car. It's in the first post in this thread.

So a quick question can a person that has won Prize A pick a combo that involves rally? Just wanted to know.

I believe you are free to pick a rally car, but not a snow/dirt track....zer0 will likely have final say however :/

Also, not sure if anyone has seen this but I reckon it's pretty funky:
racetracks_zpsbbdd82f8.jpg

Wheel to wheel racing on snow can be quite fun...but I wouldn't want to put hours of practice in and race for points.

I believe you are free to pick a rally car, but not a snow/dirt track....zer0 will likely have final say however :/

I just ordered this as a poster to hang up in my new room/racing cave next semester.

So a quick question can a person that has won Prize A pick a combo that involves rally? Just wanted to know.

While there is no rule specifically prohibiting the selection of a rally track, do you really think that choosing a dirt or snow track would provide close clean racing? Just the visibility issues alone would make it an absolute cluster.

It has been one of those "unwritten rules" of S.N.A.I.L. that you don't pick dirt or snow and you don't pick something that is randomly generated each time it's chosen. If anyone is starting to get these ideas, it may be time to make the unwritten rule written.

While there is no rule specifically prohibiting the selection of a rally track, do you really think that choosing a dirt or snow track would provide close clean racing? Just the visibility issues alone would make it an absolute cluster.

It has been one of those "unwritten rules" of S.N.A.I.L. that you don't pick dirt or snow and you don't pick something that is randomly generated each time it's chosen. If anyone is starting to get these ideas, it may be time to make the unwritten rule written.
Ok that's all I needed to know since I am fairly new to SNAIL Just needed to know.

Agreed, my rule of thumb is focusing on exit speed...mid corner and corner entry will come along as you improve. You can easily gain/lose SECONDS with having a fast/slow exit speed (think about how much time you would gain going 5 mph faster down an ENTIRE straight at spa) Corner Entry

what is this it's hard for me to see it on mobile didn't mean to quote slopoke

Back