◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
I don't know why I struggled so much in round 1. My qualifying time was well over a second off my practice time. Too bad the oval likely won't stick around another week, that was an absolute blast. I know what I'm picking if I ever win a prize ;)

The same thing happened to me with that combo last week. I told myself that it must have been network issues, but that was just to save my ego, because I'm sure that the truth was that I just wasn't focused for some reason :)

Man D1 was really bad tonight, all because of one person. I really hope this changes by next week, I'm seriously getting tired of it.

I'm done at least until I get pedals back. I will re-evaluate the situation at that time.

Kcheeb, you can move me to the assiociate SNAIL section for now.

For those in D3 wondering, there were no changes in the final results. I got them right the first time after all. :D

good racing tonight d5. holding a spec/shuffle room at the moment... 1472-6399-8451-1924-3355 join and have fun!

Last edited:
Wow that was a rough night in D1. I drove like crap and all the drama made it unenjoyable. I hope I can figure things out for next week. I felt bad for the other people in my division because I think I hit some without even knowing it. I sincerely apologize to anyone I hit or anything. Either my connection was bad or I just drove bad but I had a few times I thought no one was next to me and all of a sudden I saw someone. Sure hope the next hotel has a better internet connection.

I hate to say this but I have to drop out of S.N.A.I.L. My mom just flipped on me for stayin up till 1130 on a school night.
Not that big of a deal stayin up tht late but she over reacts to everything. So anyways
I hope to return to snail on maybe christmas break or something. Days I don't have school the next Monday. But until then I have to leave the league. I absolutely love S.N.A.I.L. and I am really pissed I couldn't A) finish through round 3 and B) participate in the oval, but ill be back soon for a part time schedule and summer full time again. To the people I race against in SPEC i'll still be able to race saturdays, just not sundays. Good luck to all of you in the future and it was alot of fun. Idk about the other divisions but D5 was alot of fun.

Sorry to hear that THRASH, come back and race anytime, we've got Friday and Saturday night races :)

I'm done at least until I get pedals back. I will re-evaluate the situation at that time.

Kcheeb, you can move me to the assiociate SNAIL section for now.

I moved you bowler :(

Wow that was a rough night in D1. I drove like crap and all the drama made it unenjoyable. I hope I can figure things out for next week. I felt bad for the other people in my division because I think I hit some without even knowing it. I sincerely apologize to anyone I hit or anything. Either my connection was bad or I just drove bad but I had a few times I thought no one was next to me and all of a sudden I saw someone. Sure hope the next hotel has a better internet connection.

Yeah that was a drag on Friday night too, you may have to book rooms based on their internet now :)

Too bad the oval likely won't stick around another week, that was an absolute blast. I know what I'm picking if I ever win a prize ;)

I agree! Round 3 is just plain awesome! I had a blast with it during Wednesday night's practice races and once again tonight! We're in the minority though because it got a lot of elimination votes. :(

I agree! Round 3 is just plain awesome! I had a blast with it during Wednesday night's practice races and once again tonight! We're in the minority though because it got a lot of elimination votes. :(

I also enjoy the oval as much as I didn't think I would. I think slipsteam should be set to high though.

That's too bad. I entered that combo fully expecting to hate it, but ended up really enjoying it. It's good to hear that we weren't the only division that had such great racing there.

That's too bad. I entered that combo fully expecting to hate it, but ended up really enjoying it. It's good to hear that we weren't the only division that had such great racing there.

I entered it thinking "well this isn't too bad" and ended up hating it. :lol:

Here are the official results from our league night on September 16th, 2012. Starting now, we will no longer limit each division to winning Prize A and Prize B only once per month. Instead will will limit each driver to winning Prize A and Prize B to once a month.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 Wins Prize A (scored 89 points)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. JazzVanWolfe ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. tensor120 --------- did not submit a vote
  • TSR_KOSMIC_CAN ---- DNR
  • SPOLTY ------------ DNR
  • ADR_BRONCO -------- DNR
  • RIP_Welsh_Don ----- DNR
  • WiiFreak ---------- DNR
  • mrjones_80 -------- DNR
  • GTP_dylansan ------ DNR
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR
Division 2
  1. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 Wins Prize B (scored 88 points)
  2. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Turbo91stdcivic --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Soren535 ---------- did not submit a vote
  10. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  • tcrash15 ---------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ---- DNR
  • eLove ------------- DNR
  • keepitsteady ------ DNR
Division 3
  1. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 (scored 85 points)
  2. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. wackylatino ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. moi_2212 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. RAM_SAM ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ------ DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • sethfraz22 -------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • chevbacca46 ------- DNR
Division 4
  1. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 (scored 85 points)
  2. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Maxime0911 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Millerhd ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. spooble ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. weaver-2009_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. whatbadgerseat ---- did not submit a vote
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • ANFD -------------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
  • GTP_SGPracing ----- DNR
  • sudmanster -------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
Division 5
  1. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 Wins Prize C (scored 86 points)
  2. Priest8 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. KuuKriine --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. iroquois-- -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. lifesagamble420 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Jfin07 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. THRASH_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. DRaKeWiLD --------- did not submit a vote
  12. jboy32 ------------ did not submit a vote
  13. AyoManny1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • Sandblazter ------- DNR
  • sunnypuff --------- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
  • atongo619 --------- DNR
  • KissMyGlock ------- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • Wambo626 ---------- DNR
  • eagle123vick ------ DNR
  • yer_mama904 ------- DNR
  • AJGH1000 ---------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 @Super Speedway - Twin Ring Motegi
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since GumballCGT wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Acura NSX RM '91 @Twin Ring Motegi East Course
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since DrKronin gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

dangerzone641 gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10 @Tsukuba Circuit (with Motorcycle Chicane)
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since jlbowler wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - McLaren MP4-12C '10 @Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since A_Higher_Place gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

THRASH_46 gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

wut

I would like to see the acura on another technical track, grown to enjoy how that bad boy handles.

ps who the hell is tense powned, I do not remember racing with him tonight.

I have an ideal that I've been thinking of since last week when someone was doing doughnuts in the racing line while qualifying.

Qual Time should be treated as seriously as when we are racing.

1. Stay out of the racing line when qualifying if you are done.
2. Mike's OFF (muted) unless absolutely necessary; sometimes there is a lot of 'noise' during qual time; I noticed when we race for the most part everybody keeps to themselves; why not during qual time?

Thoughts?

Hmm. This idea was the case in d2 last night. Either everyone shut their mics off or stayed quiet during qual and race. Usually if a person was done before time expired they would park off track until everyone else was done.

Now if we could just figure out what's causing all the pops and cracks that seem to plague the D2 lounge. Reckon I need to do some research on just how the network connections/hosting for gt5 is implemented. Don't know if I can figure out what it is but ....

Hey Oshawa-Joe, did you race on your new rig last night? How was it? I pulled a seat out of my spare MR2 on Saturday. Did a bunch of measuring and calculating yesterday afternoon (Had to use wikipedia to refresh my knowledge of how to find the 3rd side of a triangle using cosine). Then went to Home Depot and bought wood and bolts last night. I'm excited about it. My wife... not so much. :)

It looks like Division 4 didn't mind the oval at all. I wasn't confident in it at first but there was a little strategy involved. I'm actually sorry to see it go...

ps who the hell is tense powned, I do not remember racing with him tonight.

If Tense Pounds isn't DangerZone then where is he because I remember racing with him.

"TeNsE_PwNdZ" was supposed to be dangerzone641's new handle. He requested it here. I've updated the results by replacing "TeNsE_PwNdZ" with "dangerzone641" since he apparently didn't use his new handle last night.

dangerzone641, please pick one handle and stick with it. There are a limited number of accounts that can be on the league's PSN friend lists, so we don't have room for members using multiple accounts. I'd prefer you stick with your original dangerzone641 account since we have already been tracking your stats under that handle. Let me know if you have a good reason for wanting to switch, but it doesn't seem to be that urgent since you still used your original account last night. Please advise.

spooble
Hey Oshawa-Joe, did you race on your new rig last night? How was it? I pulled a seat out of my spare MR2 on Saturday. Did a bunch of measuring and calculating yesterday afternoon (Had to use wikipedia to refresh my knowledge of how to find the 3rd side of a triangle using cosine). Then went to Home Depot and bought wood and bolts last night. I'm excited about it. My wife... not so much. :)

Need puctures when you are done.

The rig was great last night- solid and comfy, which was needed since I was very tired and sore from playing 90 minutes of soccer. I probably wouldn't have raced if I had to use the camping chair.

Back