◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,808 comments
I did not, and I for one and EXCITED! favorite track and whats come to be a top ride for me in this game, yep, I plan on taking both wins with this one. If there is a home course advantage, this one is mine.

Can't say I am much of a gm fan. I'd still put my stock into a mustang before a camaro (and so many other cars before either of those). But... I have to say, this is pretty impressive.

Thats impressive. Since when can the Americans make faster cars than the Germans and Japanese? Let alone take corners. :lol: I joke muscle car fans, I love muscle cars too just not as much as Japanese imports. That is really awesome though. Especially the video of the lap. :)

Hey zer0, since we were just talking about this I thought I would place this right here for your reading. Looks like Sony is cooking up its own Rift style head set.

Hey zer0, since we were just talking about this I thought I would place this right here for your reading. Looks like Sony is cooking up its own Rift style head set.

It seems it is out there, but the most recent announcements were from Sept 3rd and 4th where Sony pulled the demo of the system from Gamescon and were supposedly going to show it at the Tokyo conference, which didn't happen :(

A Sony exec when asked about it said 'We don't talk about that.' :lol:

And the rumoured cost is 1000 British Pounds :dopey: Which means I better start saving now :scared:

This technology intrigues me, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

It is possible that they ran into an issue with the oculus rift people. Wouldn't be the first time Sony stepped on some toes with their peripherals. Hence the PS3 not launching with DS3.

It is possible that they ran into an issue with the oculus rift people. Wouldn't be the first time Sony stepped on some toes with their peripherals. Hence the PS3 not launching with DS3.

No doubt. I guess they were interviewed and asked about a take over by Sony, they said not on the table :lol:

Btw, that flying video was sick.

I know!!!! Honestly, I was set on triples, I mean SET on them. Then I saw a Star Citizen trailer. I was still on the triples kick, but my brother in law began talking about OR. I had seen it first about 4 or 5 months ago in the hardware section of this forum. I kinda shrugged it off, since VR googles have come, flopped, and gone. But I kept thinking back to Start Citizen, and trying to dog fight on triples. I noticed it to is now supporting OR, so I went to youtube to see if there was any in game footage of it in action, that is when I came across the war thunder video. As soon as he started looking around to do the preflight checks, and looked all the way back at his tail and rudder, I knew. For a minute, I was still holding onto the trips, because of racing, then I saw a few iRacing videos, and discovered nearly all of the PC race sims are currently, or in the near future will be supporting OR. This with a motion rig, and I can only imagine you will feel so immersed as not hardly notice it really is a virtual world.
Speaking of better immersions, my GTEYE brake spring just came in, headed to d1 for a few pre swap and post swap comparisons.

Last edited:
Rally I see you got the GTEYE brake spring. Tell me what you think of it. I've been debating weather to get one or not. Like I've heard it helps you have later braking points? Possibly faster?? What do you think?

I expect D1 will be around or below 1:30 in the Alfa.

Betting D1 will (sadly) be below 2:00 in the GT. As mentioned a page or so back, GT is 621 hp, 641 PP.

I would still hope for 5 laps as I believe it may get ... Interesting... If we combine D3/D4 (and D5) on this car.

Jeremy Clarkson: "You will RULE the track in this magnificent piece of engineering... That... Or you will DIE!"

Last edited:
Rally I see you got the GTEYE brake spring. Tell me what you think of it. I've been debating weather to get one or not. Like I've heard it helps you have later braking points? Possibly faster?? What do you think?

I have the GTEYE spring and it is a marked improvement over the standard spring.

Ok guys, the verdict is in and the GTEYE is THE best mod for the G27! Read my long winded review here. All I gotta say, is with the GTEYE, I am as fast without ABS, as I am with the stock spring and ABS on! And that was with just about 10 laps in with the new spring. I feel I will be faster after a sunday or two to get acclimatized. Phisher, I not only recommend this spring, I strongly urge you to get it.
Besides the added strength, it really is well tuned for GT5, the first stage stops right where it should, and that added resistance going into the progression really lets you know you are close to locking up. I considered a load cell for a long time, just because of the muscle memory thing, but I am glad that I went this route. the resistance is just right and at the right time (important!) that you do end up using muscle memory. Only thing I do not recommend is swapping the rest of the springs around. I'll be racing with shoes on for now on, as the gas is just a bit to stiff and the brakes are way more stiff.
This is kinda bad with the accelerator, but good with the brakes. Just amazing! For sure, if you have a g27, get this! Take back bottles, bully little kids for their lunch money, whatever you have to get the 30 bucks up and buy this spring.

I expect D1 will be around or below 1:30 in the Alfa.

Betting D1 will (sadly) be below 2:00 in the GT. As mentioned a page or so back, GT is 621 hp, 641 PP.

I would still hope for 5 laps as I believe it may get ... Interesting... If we combine D3/D4 (and D5) on this car.

Jeremy Clarkson: "You will RULE the track in this magnificent piece of engineering... That... Or you will DIE!"

Thanks, Handlebar! Got the lineup post updated. 👍

I have the GTEYE spring and it is a marked improvement over the standard spring.

Ok guys, the verdict is in and the GTEYE is THE best mod for the G27! Read my long winded review here. All I gotta say, is with the GTEYE, I am as fast without ABS, as I am with the stock spring and ABS on! And that was with just about 10 laps in with the new spring. I feel I will be faster after a sunday or two to get acclimatized. Phisher, I not only recommend this spring, I strongly urge you to get it.
Besides the added strength, it really is well tuned for GT5, the first stage stops right where it should, and that added resistance going into the progression really lets you know you are close to locking up. I considered a load cell for a long time, just because of the muscle memory thing, but I am glad that I went this route. the resistance is just right and at the right time (important!) that you do end up using muscle memory. Only thing I do not recommend is swapping the rest of the springs around. I'll be racing with shoes on for now on, as the gas is just a bit to stiff and the brakes are way more stiff.
This is kinda bad with the accelerator, but good with the brakes. Just amazing! For sure, if you have a g27, get this! Take back bottles, bully little kids for their lunch money, whatever you have to get the 30 bucks up and buy this spring.

Agreed. It really helps with trail braking, I think. Definitely worth the price.

I know!!!! Honestly, I was set on triples, I mean SET on them. Then I saw a Star Citizen trailer. I was still on the triples kick, but my brother in law began talking about OR. I had seen it first about 4 or 5 months ago in the hardware section of this forum. I kinda shrugged it off, since VR googles have come, flopped, and gone. But I kept thinking back to Start Citizen, and trying to dog fight on triples. I noticed it to is now supporting OR, so I went to youtube to see if there was any in game footage of it in action, that is when I came across the war thunder video. As soon as he started looking around to do the preflight checks, and looked all the way back at his tail and rudder, I knew. For a minute, I was still holding onto the trips, because of racing, then I saw a few iRacing videos, and discovered nearly all of the PC race sims are currently, or in the near future will be supporting OR. This with a motion rig, and I can only imagine you will feel so immersed as not hardly notice it really is a virtual world.
Speaking of better immersions, my GTEYE brake spring just came in, headed to d1 for a few pre swap and post swap comparisons.

If Sony is indeed able to pull off an Oculus Rift-type headset for the PS4, it would change the world of gaming forever. And unless the Xbox One is able to counter, the upcoming console war would be over relatively quickly IMO. That being said, what would that mean for Gran Turismo? After all, Sony is working with the Drive Club team to develop this new technology (and not Kaz's team at PD). And with GT6 only now about to launch on the PS3, we can probably assume that GT7 on the PS4 is at least one or two years away. If that's the case, would it allow Drive Club (and it's VR headset capabilities) to unseat Gran Turismo as PlayStation's premier racing franchise? Hopefully, PD is already all over this potential scenario and working to prevent it from happening, but it's something to think about.

Poll:
Will zer05ive race again Sundays? Gt5 or Gt6. I have my doubts.

p.s.-I see you lurking Schmiggz

p.p.s.-Don't hate on my new avatar.

Last edited:
If Drivers Club can use it, all developers will be able to use it. So I think PD will be able to utilize the same equipment, and getting a later jump, means they have more time to play with it too.

Poll:
Will zer05ive race again Sundays? Gt5 or Gt6. I have my doubts.

p.s.-I see you lurking Schmiggz

p.p.s.-Don't hate on my new avatar.
GT6 if it makes running leagues less time consuming

castAR stuff looks neat, but not really for our genre of game..more then tabletop stuff.

I'll be back in GT6 if they fix the stupid connection bull....

whats going on for racing tonight?
I see nothing is. I'm headed to d1 for some fun.
Actually, if anyone has the inclination, we can try some boost up racecraft training.

Last edited:
Back