◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Power adders weren't allow in AMRA Street. I'll try to get some pictures to post.

Long time since I've done a SNAIL combo. Heading to D1 for an hour.

Last edited:
Power adders weren't allow in AMRA Street. I'll try to get some pictures to post.

Long time since I've done a SNAIL combo. Heading to D1 for an hour.

I'll join you as i need some practice also. My 93 was a 310ci that would turn 8000 rpm. True street had to do a 30mile cruise on the streets and we couldnt open the hood. We had to run D.O.T tires. So I actually ran M/T E.T Streets.

Last edited:
Looks like I should be on the grid this Sunday hotel Internet allowing. Did a test in a grc lite car yesterday out in Vegas. Hope to have some video ready to share tonight or tomorrow once I figure out how to edit out the ten mins of me just sitting waiting to go on track. Looking forward to Monday and being able to share some of the GT Academy story.

I'll join you as i need some practice also. My 93 was a 310ci that would turn 8000 rpm. True street had to do a 30mile cruise on the streets and we couldnt open the hood. We had to run D.O.T tires. So I actually ran M/T E.T Streets.

Cool. My 11 second 93 was my daily driver. Half hour to work every day and 2-1/2 hour to the track (not on a trailer). Once at the track I would put on M and H DOTs. Oil pan had never been removed from the block. Stock electronics, stock fuel pump and stock injectors.

Here is my darling. Got the engine from a fellow from Thunder Bay. Said it was good when he packed it up. Wasn't so much when I got it running. Have it in my garage now. This winter I will be starting the rebuild. I'm building a custom intake using the intake from a GSXR or Hayabusa, giving it a street port and then putting a 2nd gen turbo on it. Been contemplating what path to take with suspension... I really wish they would bring this car to GT6.

Hey SNAILs,
Thanks to everyone who's followed @SNAIL_Racing so far. We're going to have some fun starting on Monday night so please sign up on Twitter if you haven't already. We're

Once you've signed up (or if you have already), please post your Twitter username here so all the other SNAILs can follow you as well. Thanks! 👍

I'm @Ph7shr! Follow me on Twitter Snails! Ill be tweeting like crazy on Monday night! Lets see those snails go fassst!!

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Nov 03 2013
Penalty Rate 57%
Banner by dabneyd

As per this ruling, I'd like to remind all drivers who got a free pass last Sunday, that line will not be allowed in the future.

Division 2 - 8 incidents on file

GTP_XR_RACER_11
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 14 points doubled to 28 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation violation.
  • 58 Points total and 6 weeks probation

Thanks to Handlebar-Man and JLBowler for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Before anyone gets really confused at my twitter name I'll just post it - @AgoodSpanking. I set it up years ago and forgot about it. Go figure I finally decide to get back on twitter and we get a snail twatline (can we call it that?) a few days later.

Can we please call it the twatline? It makes it sound like a yuppie troutline :lol:

I'm @Ph7shr! Follow me on Twitter Snails! Ill be tweeting like crazy on Monday night! Lets see those snails go fassst!!

Thanks Ph1sh!

Before anyone gets really confused at my twitter name I'll just post it - @AgoodSpanking. I set it up years ago and forgot about it. Go figure I finally decide to get back on twitter and we get a snail twatline (can we call it that?) a few days later.

Can we please call it the twatline? It makes it sound like a yuppie troutline :lol:

We can call it whatever you want! :lol:

Who's next?

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Nov 03 2013
Penalty Rate 57%
Banner by dabneyd

As per this ruling, I'd like to remind all drivers who got a free pass last Sunday, that line will not be allowed in the future.

Division 2 - 8 incidents on file

GTP_XR_RACER_11
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 14 points doubled to 28 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation violation.
  • 58 Points total and 6 weeks probation

Thanks to Handlebar-Man and JLBowler for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Thanks you, stewards! The results post has been updated. 👍

Good morning everyone!
I'd like to take a moment to do something we have not actually officially done. The world today has a way of focusing on the bad. Whether it be the news, TV shows, magazines, what have you. Today though, I would like take the time to acknowledge one of our racers.

@dgaf95integra

I remember when this guy first started racing with us. he quickly became one of most penalized drivers, was perhaps the main factor to the last chance list (not sure that he made it on the list though), and even his name bugged some people. We have seen several people like this, and its my belief that everyone of them found their way out of SNAIL, either themselves or with some assistance. DG on the other hand, did something that the others didn't. He grabbed up on his intestinal fortitude, gave the finger to his pride, listened, and learned. Every week, his raceing, and more importantly, his racecraft improved markedly. Now he is a top d1 driver and a GTAcademy finalist.

I tip my hat to you DG, we are quick to remember, call out and examplify the wrong doers. Lets then, take this moment and do the same for someone who has chosen a higher moral standard. Cheers fella. :cheers:

Hey SNAILs,
Thanks to everyone who's followed @SNAIL_Racing so far. We're going to have some fun starting on Monday night so please sign up on Twitter if you haven't already. We're

Once you've signed up (or if you have already), please post your Twitter username here so all the other SNAILs can follow you as well. Thanks! 👍

Here is my Twitter, I don't really use it though but it'll be interesting for when we use it for GTAcademy so Im sure it'll be very busy. :)
@DriftxAssassin

I have mentioned DG several times when Zer05ive and I have discussed the cost/benefit of Stewards, penalties, and "last chance" situations.

I think DG is an excellent example focus on improving speed, technique, and clean racecraft. So much so, I can't remember the last time I had to review a complaint about him.

Good morning everyone!
I'd like to take a moment to do something we have not actually officially done. The world today has a way of focusing on the bad. Whether it be the news, TV shows, magazines, what have you. Today though, I would like take the time to acknowledge one of our racers.

@dgaf95integra

I remember when this guy first started racing with us. he quickly became one of most penalized drivers, was perhaps the main factor to the last chance list (not sure that he made it on the list though), and even his name bugged some people. We have seen several people like this, and its my belief that everyone of them found their way out of SNAIL, either themselves or with some assistance. DG on the other hand, did something that the others didn't. He grabbed up on his intestinal fortitude, gave the finger to his pride, listened, and learned. Every week, his raceing, and more importantly, his racecraft improved markedly. Now he is a top d1 driver and a GTAcademy finalist.

I tip my hat to you DG, we are quick to remember, call out and examplify the wrong doers. Lets then, take this moment and do the same for someone who has chosen a higher moral standard. Cheers fella. :cheers:

I have mentioned DG several times when Zer05ive and I have discussed the cost/benefit of Stewards, penalties, and "last chance" situations.

I think DG is an excellent example focus on improving speed, technique, and clean racecraft. So much so, I can't remember the last time I had to review a complaint about him.

It was well over due to say a little something about DG... He is the ultimate SNAIL-erella story! :cheers:

Thanks for taking to time to write these notes, guys. I'm really proud of DG as well. What a remarkable turnaround! Seems like only yesterday I was chatting with him in my lounge reviewing incidents of over-aggressive driving. Fast forward to today where his racecraft is exemplary and his pace is too 👍. Be sure to follow @Dgafaboutany1 so that you guys can give him some love when he's on TV tomorrow night! :)

Last edited:
Big surprise coming up :)

@kcheeb is my twitter handle.
Here is my Twitter, I don't really use it though but it'll be interesting for when we use it for GTAcademy so Im sure it'll be very busy. :)
@DriftxAssassin
It was well over due to say a little something about DG... He is the ultimate SNAIL-erella story! :cheers:

@ExoSphere64 is my Twitter home...

Thanks for posting your twitter handles! Let's keep them coming! Tomorrow night is going to be a celebration of the achievements of our fellow SNAILs at GT Academy. It's going to be a blast and you won't want to miss out! :D

Good morning everyone!

@dgaf95integra

Where do I start, i want to thank every one in snail for giving me a chance
When I first joined this leauge over a year ago all I wanted todo was be 1st and the fastest lol
Racecraft wasnt in my vocab lol I started in D3, 1st compaint next week another and another
something had to change if I wanted to work my way up to D1 so I changed everything about how I raced and passed ppl the whole nine and what do ya know things started turning around and I found my self enjoying every race more and more:) Next on my list was to make it into :bowdown:GT Academy for that once In a life time opportunity so I thought I'd give
It all I got and if I didn't make it at least I gave it 100% so the time trail ended and I was in 58th spot
So not top 32 but I knew some ppl in the top 32 couldn't compete sense they made it years b4 so I just had to sit around and hope I got into the top32. So with only 4days till the top32 fly to nyc for gt academy what do you know Ig ot the last seat!!!!!!! I couldn't belive my eyes when I was reading it that I made it :cheers: just goes to show you guys that if you want something bad enough and your willing todo what ever it takes ANYTHING is Possible :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Thanks for posting your twitter handles! Let's keep them coming! Tomorrow night is going to be a celebration of the achievements of our fellow SNAILs at GT Academy. It's going to be a blast and you won't want to miss out! :D

Technically I'd be missing out on half of the party. I don't have Spike TV so while everyone is having fun watching GT Academy I'll jut be on Twitter. :(

Back