◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
It wasn't filled in on the front page but for the Alpine A110 1600S '73 it gives me 426PP/144HP(new car +oil change)

Heres some pictures from Mount Panorama and Fuji speed way.
ztLLxiU.jpg

Alpine A110 1600S '73 at Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit(bathurst)
NfbPIEM.jpg

Lotus Elise Racecar '96 at Fuji Speedway GT

I can't resist joining in on the fun :)

I learned to drive on my parents' van. It was essentially this:
Chevrolet_Beauville.jpg

I can still park just about anything. As soon as I could, I bought my parents' '87 Grand Am from them. It had a 5-speed manual, and as far as I was concerned, it was a sports car :)
GrandAm.jpg

That's a pic of a 2-door from Google. I don't have any intact photos of mine. Unfortunately, its unibody did not survive an encounter with a...poor driver -- though the drivetrain was fine and got me home before the coolant all drained:
DeadGrandAm.jpg

I took the tiny bit of insurance cash they gave me after subtracting the deductible and tried to buy something reasonable. So I bought a 1982 Buick Century with 60k on the odometer. I thought it was a great choice. Low mileage and immaculate documentation. Nope. Everything rubber except the tires failed within the first 3 months. It seems that the previous owner just never drove it. It was rotten through and through. The radiator fan switch didn't work, so I'd have to pull over and short it with jumper cables to cool the car down every so often. I had to replace the water pump, plugs/wires, all belts, all hoses and half the wiring loom by the time I finally gave up and traded it in after 6 months. That car doesn't deserve a pic. 🤬 that car.

I traded it in for the second favorite car I ever had, a '94 Cavalier Z24. My 19 year-old self thought it looked great, and it had a whopping 145 hp stock with just a chip. To my mind, again, it was a pure racecar:
Cavalier.jpg

About 4 years later, in 2001, I bought a '02 WRX sedan, which I still drive today. Well, I actually bought 2 of them, because a couple of months after I bought the first one, it was stolen. That in itself is a long story, which I'll leave for another day. For the last 13 years, this guy has served me well (seen in its natural environment):
WRX.jpg

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Feb 09 2014
Penalty Rate 80%
Banner by dabneyd

We had 100% Steward Reviews (5 Steward reviews for each incident) - I love working replays! 15 replays... all complete. Extra Credit to :bowdown::bowdown: @Dragonwhisky for calling me twice from his vacation in Florida to figure out the Steward Report formatting. :banghead:

Division 2 - 6 incidents on file

@Kgffy

• Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled for probation
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled for probation
  • Total Points of 13 doubled to 26 for probation violations.
@turnupdaheat
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled for probation
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled for probation
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points doubled for probation
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled for probation
  • Total of 31 points doubled to 62 for probation violations.
Division 3 - 6 incidents on file

@Troggy

• Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 12 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • Total of 21 points
@Wolfsatz
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points
@K1utch
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation.
Division 6 - 1 incident on file

@TEX36

• Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points.
Division 7 - 2 incidents on file

@Daniel Pinho

• Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to @Chiochan @DrKronin @JLBowler @MerlinRPM and @tezgm99 for their stellar reviews this week. :gtpflag:
We will return to your regularly scheduled Chief Steward tomorrow.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.

:cheers:
* * * * * * * * * * * * *​
These changes affect the final standings - @zer05ive will amend those and @JLBowler monitors probation time remaining/weeks raced.

Full final results can be found here.

*** If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

I cannot wait for the snow and ice to melt!

(Which will allow me to empty my side of the garage when it's not freezy cold or snow)

I ignominiously begin with...

AeeVJ5G.jpg

"Dexter, the gutless scum puppy from hell." I told girls I had a blue, '79 'Vette and hoped it was dark enough they couldn't tell. It seldom worked. Somehow, I drove this cross country. By myself. Through two snow storms. 2,800 miles, 4.5 days. $50 left in my pocket when I arrived. No wipers. Someone needed to grow up. Oops. Still haven't.

When Dexter got shaky, I was given my grandfather's car:

PjcISOE.jpg

1963 Dodge Dart. The Transmission... OK... kinda different....

U5xgChQ.jpg

When the neighbor (un)helpfully killed that car (long story, but I have a rule - I always win - clean or dirty, or just a big surprise, and this was no different), I was going into the Army after college so I bought a 'cheaper than a Honda' - Hyundai Sontata. Ooops. Get whatcha pay for.

EVKB8aO.jpg

That didn't last long, so I picked up a Saturn SW2 for a couple of years, then I gave it to my wife and my wife drove it into the ground.

lfEhE55.jpg

Once we had kids, I needed something better, so she ditched her old car, took the Saturn, and I grabbed our first Subaru. Once again, I drove it for several years and then when the Subaru finally dies, my wife takes this one finishes it off (she has 75 miles of DC / Beltway and stop'n go daily, she's good at the car-killing).

08F6K7y.jpg

My current ride is strictly utilitarian - it works. 1.8 miles and 2 lights to work, and OMG of traffic to practices and scouts. The ... Yawn... Honda Odyssey. Can't wait until the kids both go to college...

C6XjbpJ.jpg

Once she killed the old Subaru three years ago, my lovely wife picked up a new Outback. That car is going to take some serious work to get hurt - seriously seems bulletproof. Her mom - 85 years old - bought a car two years ago, got rid of the '83 Bonneville and picked up a '11 Subaru Outback as well to get to work.

OK - that is it... and once I get the garage cleaned out to get something fun... You guys have better rides, I can't wait to get a car for me, and not Boy Scouts, Soccer, Girl Scouts, and everything else.

That, and I'll miss all the stuff in the paragraph or two above. Get me a cool car to drive and try to forget the other things I wish I still had.

Last edited:
Can I get some lap times for this weeks combos?
I plan on jumpin on tonight to practice, and I'm lookin for some target times.
D2 D3 D4 times would be helpful, and if anyone will be on late tonight, let me know.

Thanks.

It seem we dont have a room open anymore, so heres a another one

1472-6118-3744-3753-6109

I will be runing for about an hour or more

D2 D3 D4 times would be helpful, and if anyone will be on late tonight, let me know.

Thanks.

I suppose I could set up a lobby in a little while, an hour from now sound good?

Thanks.

I saw klutch run a 1:40.. In the lotus today, I believe the faster guys are around 1:01 in the rx7, not quite sure about the alpine

Thanks.
~2:44 for the Alpine, ~1:43 for the Elise, and ~1:04 for the RX-7. I am slow though.

Hello there everyone. I would like to re-join snail spec. Im in the inactive's list. Do I have to do the timetrial again? Or can I keep racing in the division that I was?
@myato1,
Welcome back!
Things have changed since you last raced so you'll need to rerun the time trial. Just to refresh your memory here is the official welcome message:
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome back to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
It seem we dont have a room open anymore, so heres a another one

1472-6118-3744-3753-6109

I will be runing for about an hour or more

I don't see it. Please announce if you close the room; we just closed anohter one to join yours but it seems its gone now.

I see a lot of Snails opening practice rooms but do not get announced and end up with 2 or 3 rooms with only a few racers in them.

What time are you getting on SoCal?

I should be on in about half hour...
First practice session for me with this weeks combos so...who knows what will happen.

A practice lobby is still open right?

EDIT: I tried the room ID posted earlier, but it was not found, so I
opened a new one.

1472-6118-4259-7714-6783

Last edited:
Mysteriously, My PS3 decided all on its own to freeze GT6, while still being able to exit the game. When I did, I was greeted by a reset and restoring of the system file. This happens only when I play GT6, this is irritating.

EDIT: Happened again, I suspect that racing at Mt. Panorama is going a problem for me tomorrow night...

Last edited:
A little later than normal, but the deadline to submit a time trial to be placed in a division for this Sunday has passed. The divisions are set for this week and Oshawa-Joe will be making any changes to the drivers list that need to be made before we start racing on Sunday.

Hello everyone I will be running practices everyday. I normally run by myself but if you would like to run with me send me a request id love to be helpful and keep the snail in all of us strong. If you want send me a FR to GTP_K1utch and when can have a good time practicing. God bless you all. See ya on the track

After doing a bit of practice, I at least know which combo I like best (Let's just say it goes Zoom Zoom ;)) and which one I will vote off.

At least that damn Dino is gone...

Ive been working throughout the whole weekend and im exausted. Practiced a bit last thursday in dgaf's room and that was it. If i don't manage to take a power nap after work i doubt i will be racing tonight.

Back