◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Is it me or does anyone else think @aliengamer25 was "sandbagging" when he took his time trial and his evil plan :mischievous: is to win every division!!!

Just kidding alien....All I know is that your a hell of a racer:bowdown:
Cheers!!!
Nope no sandbagging...while he has patience....it is probably the fact that like Jackie Stewart, he never drives any faster or harder than he has to. I have been driving with him since I arrived in Feb and I can honestly say that he is HORRIBLY faster than he was. His race craft and car control were "good" in D7, but by the time I followed him into D6 due the increased level of competition he had upped his game. I probably will never get to race him again in regular SNAIL competition as he will continue to move up at his pace as he refines his " game". I jokingly said that I would be his manager when he went to Silverstone...I was only partially joking.

Hey Alien...don't even think about getting cocky...the guys in your new divisions ( note plural ) are waiting for you with a smile on their faces.

Nope no sandbagging...while he has patience....it is probably the fact that like Jackie Stewart, he never drives any faster or harder than he has to. I have been driving with him since I arrived in Feb and I can honestly say that he is HORRIBLY faster than he was. His race craft and car control were "good" in D7, but by the time I followed him into D6 due the increased level of competition he had upped his game. I probably will never get to race him again in regular SNAIL competition as he will continue to move up at his pace as he refines his " game". I jokingly said that I would be his manager when he went to Silverstone...I was only partially joking.

Hey Alien...don't even think about getting cocky...the guys in your new divisions ( note plural ) are waiting for you with a smile on their faces.

I will get in on this convo whwn i get home, i dont wanna ruin my day at work

TONIGHT!
DriveTrain Challenge Race Night!
Event will take place in a friends only room
at 10pm EST/7pm PST​

More details can be found here in the DTC thread. Racing is open to anyone and you can choose your own cars!

My line-up for tonight's 1820pp race with qualifying at Red Bull Ring (Short):
FF - Prius TC 444pp
4WD - Impreza WRX STi Spec C Type RA '05 467pp
FR - Fairlady Z S-Tune '02 461pp
MR - Elise 111R '04 447pp

This comment implies you might be a bit irritated by what some have suggested. You might consider it a compliment however. While it's not unheard of that someone joins SNAIL and starts in one of the lower divisions and works their way up several divisions, it isn't very common and almost always takes more than a few by surprise when it does occur.

It really boils down to ego and I'll use you as an example. It appears you started out your SNAIL career in D7 and have steadily improved and are likely to keep moving up. Others, especially those that may have started in the same or nearby divisions, have watched it happen and can only wonder why they are not moving up as well. There are many factors involved with improving at anything, skill, inate talent, commitment to improvement, practice time and quality. In many cases, others's egos find it hard to accept that someone they were able to compete against has improved past them to whatever degree. Suggesting you might have sandbagged where you started is a way for these people to salve their egos with an acceptable reason for such an occurence.

So, now you have a decision to make. You can rail against what others suggest and call it unjust, or, you can take it as a compliment, even if a bit sideways, and run with it. Whichever you decide, it will tell some of us something more about you.

Of course, I could be inferring, what you're implying, incorrectly. If that's the case all the above is just air.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Looks like all compliments to me. I don't see a discouraging word in any of these posts. If you get home and explode on these guys I think you will realize you were in the wrong. All the comments so far look very sincere and complimentary.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Looks like all compliments to me. I don't see a discouraging word in any of these posts. If you get home and explode on these guys I think you will realize you were in the wrong. All the comments so far look very sincere and complimentary.
Roger on the compliments...envy...you bet....admiration for skill and tenacity....Roger again. Now lets talk about Tenderly....lol. I love racing but we all have limits...I was much faster when I was 23....alas...that was a year or two ago.

I agree JoeW. They all sound like compliments to me. At least that's how I'd take them.

Considering the attendance for the last few weeks, will we be consolidating some divisions next seanson?

Of course, @JLBowler is working on this and it's something we're discussing. I think it's a very valid point and he'll make sure to do his best to fill each division to a competitive level.

Roger on the compliments...envy...you bet....admiration for skill and tenacity....Roger again. Now lets talk about Tenderly....lol. I love racing but we all have limits...I was much faster when I was 23....alas...that was a year or two ago.
I second all that Nail...those were the days. If I may use a Bob Seger song for an analogy "Like a Rock" my friend.:cheers:

Now a unpaid advertisement from a "fellow" series looking for a few good men...and women. The FGTA is a sanctioning body just like SNAIL under the GTP umbrella. They are mostly European and race in our afternoons. One of their top series is World Grand Touring Car Championship in which we have a good SNAIL contingent. This is the "Feeder" series one step below which has just revised its B spec to a semi Spec series with all driving the same car but tuning allowed and with a selection of tunes provided for guys like me who think tuning is like Dressage....interesting but not a spectator sport :lol:. This is US based and runs Thursday nights at 1030... After SNAIL training. Bon apetite.

40 minutes ago NEW
Report #304
Series Update

Specs were updated late last night, so here is the post making it official!

Group B will now be a one - make spec class. The car we will use is the Nissan Slivia S15 Touring Car. Here it is:

With the required upgrades needed, the car costs around Cr. 160,000. Great and inexpensive way to get into get into what will be a very competitive class! We are aiming this at newer drivers, or drivers who are not as experienced with online racing. But anyone who wants a good, hard race is welcome to join! This class will still follow the pits stop rules; two stops, and must use both a set of RS and RM tires during the race.

Full information on the car's specs can be found
HERE. (scroll page 3)

Tuning will be allowed for this class. Some of the more experienced guys, myself included, will provide base tunes for this car that drivers can use and tweak on for themselves. We are currently working on a Google Doc. with all of the information in it.

July 10th will be the first race at Silverstone with the new specs. There will be practice rooms set up during the week leading up to it, keep an eye on the forums for information on that. See you guys then!

Calender Update

With the new class coming in, there will be 3 rounds added to the calender! Year end points will now be best 5 out of 7, points from the finale will not be dropped. The new tracks are:

Red Bull Ring
Laguna Seca
Fuji GT

Calender will be reworked to fit these in. The regular season finale will still be at Motegi. The bonus event will now be on the Nordschelife.

One more thing...

I will not take drivers off of the sign up list for those who are still committed to the series. For Group B drivers, just let me know that you are still interested in staying in this class. All drivers can reclassify if they would like.
Last edited: 32 minutes ago
Global Sports Car Championship (TAKING SINGUPS)

Oh BTW current SNAIL drivers in the GSCC....Velocity, Joe_Diben, Tenderly, Alien, (when he can), Somebodyshootme, and moving Chicane me.

End Transmission.

Considering the attendance for the last few weeks, will we be consolidating some divisions next seanson?

Yes. The likely scenario is consolidation to six divisions. No Russ, you can not move to D7 or D12 or anywhere else you might want to go.

I've done the first, very rough, draft of promotions and relegations and it appears as if most drivers are in for a division change. You may not necessarily be racing with a bunch of new drivers, but you may be racing under a different division number.

This comment implies you might be a bit irritated by what some have suggested. You might consider it a compliment however. While it's not unheard of that someone joins SNAIL and starts in one of the lower divisions and works their way up several divisions, it isn't very common and almost always takes more than a few by surprise when it does occur.

It really boils down to ego and I'll use you as an example. It appears you started out your SNAIL career in D7 and have steadily improved and are likely to keep moving up. Others, especially those that may have started in the same or nearby divisions, have watched it happen and can only wonder why they are not moving up as well. There are many factors involved with improving at anything, skill, inate talent, commitment to improvement, practice time and quality. In many cases, others's egos find it hard to accept that someone they were able to compete against has improved past them to whatever degree. Suggesting you might have sandbagged where you started is a way for these people to salve their egos with an acceptable reason for such an occurence.

So, now you have a decision to make. You can rail against what others suggest and call it unjust, or, you can take it as a compliment, even if a bit sideways, and run with it. Whichever you decide, it will tell some of us something more about you.

Of course, I could be inferring, what you're implying, incorrectly. If that's the case all the above is just air.
I do take it as a compliment most of the way, reason being i got ao good was because i had extra time to practice while waiting on a new job after being laid off, in a sense like you others wonder why they havent moved up is bc lack of practice most likely which will do it and other issues as well such as racecraft. Thanks Dragonwhisky for the added advice and also @Nail-27

I do take it as a compliment most of the way, reason being i got ao good was because i had extra time to practice while waiting on a new job after being laid off, in a sense like you others wonder why they havent moved up is bc lack of practice most likely which will do it and other issues as well such as racecraft. Thanks Dragonwhisky for the added advice and also @Nail-27
Practice can only get you so far. Why not run the time trial again and see how much you have improved:)

See you in D1 soon then :sly: :cheers:

hello, I received my welcome package Saturday and promptly completed the questions,as well as sending my time trial but I have yet to hear from anyone. how do I find out what division I am in? Is there a list that lists the upcoming events with the tracks and required cars? thank you

hello, I received my welcome package Saturday and promptly completed the questions,as well as sending my time trial but I have yet to hear from anyone. how do I find out what division I am in? Is there a list that lists the upcoming events with the tracks and required cars? thank you

You will be informed of which division you will be put in, but this week will be a new season therefore a reorganization of the drivers in all divisions is happening right now which will take some time.

As far as I know, the Impreza Touring Car at Red Bull Ring is confirmed, as well as RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 (Race Hard tires) at Trial Mountain Circuit - Forward.

Please don't take my comments in a negative light. I was just poking fun is all. I'm sure your best buds would do the same.
Fact is wouldn't it be awesome if someone did win all the divisions. Not sure if that's ever been done, but it would be cool.
Congrats on landing the new job also. 👍

Please don't take my comments in a negative light. I was just poking fun is all. I'm sure your best buds would do the same.
Fact is wouldn't it be awesome if someone did win all the divisions. Not sure if that's ever been done, but it would be cool.
Congrats on landing the new job also. 👍
We had a similar occurrence with @dangerzone641. He started in D5 (lowest at the time), won D5, Moved to D4, won to D4, moved to D2 (not sure if he won D2), Moved to D1. It was clear to us who raced with him that he was way fast. He also improved very rapidly. I even suggested that he go from D4 straight to D1. Now I think that he was a unique situation and I know he did not sandbag. He had great natural ability and was able to rapidly up his game to be competitive with the fastest people that he was racing with. That is a huge gift and practice will not get you that. That is not to say that he has not worked hard to be as fast as he is. But it was clear after just a few weeks that he was naturally fast and just needed little bit of time to get accustomed to things.

I-BELIEVE-THAT-WE-WILL-WIN-copy-2_large.jpg

We had a similar occurrence with @dangerzone641. He started in D5 (lowest at the time), won D5, Moved to D4, won to D4, moved to D2 (not sure if he won D2), Moved to D1. It was clear to us who raced with him that he was way fast. He also improved very rapidly. I even suggested that he go from D4 straight to D1. Now I think that he was a unique situation and I know he did not sandbag. He had great natural ability and was able to rapidly up his game to be competitive with the fastest people that he was racing with. That is a huge gift and practice will not get you that. That is not to say that he has not worked hard to be as fast as he is. But it was clear after just a few weeks that he was naturally fast and just needed little bit of time to get accustomed to things.
During that time where I was improving, I put days into practicing and asking questions to top guys at the time. Eventually it clicked. I definitely recommend getting in contact with someone maybe a few divisions above yourself and ask for tips if need be.

Back