◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Anything on Ascari is fun. Such a great track for battles. So many places to think of an overtake in the turns ahead, not just the turn you're in at the moment.

Anything on Ascari is fun. Such a great track for battles. So many places to think of an overtake in the turns ahead, not just the turn you're in at the moment.

Very good point. You have to work your passes at Ascari. That makes it a little difficult when we're talking about a 4 lap / 10 minute sprint. I really think the track is more suited to longer races as it would allow more time to set up passes and work through the field.

I actually like running the track and use it for testing from time to time. I just don't care for trying to run a short race there. If you get out front, you can run away and hide pretty easily and then there isn't any time for anyone to play catch up.

I started C1-R2 in P2. Got a good run and outbraked P1 for the lead as I had the inside line for the chicane. I heard a tap but I stayed turning in, so I hope it was just the other guy finding out how close he could get. That was an intense race start.

Exactly. I was thinking the entire time that it should have been 8 laps and Willow should have been 4. If I didn't lose my lead right away by going wide I would've won the race easily by driving clean and concise.

I've definitely proven myself within my division to have straight up pure speed. I've qualified on pole and/or podium almost every race and only been here for two weeks. I just need to maintain composure when racing other drivers.

I am man enough to know where I'm utter crap and admit it.

I feel like the car is a handful no matter what so it doesn't matter what track you put it on. I wish it was just 3 PP higher so it'd get Sport Medium tires for SNAIL. Would make me feel a bit more "in control" and comfortable that it would freak out on my from the slightest over input.

For me, it's the sweeping corners that present the challenge. The tendency to over steer with lift off just doesn't match my driving style when on pavement. Lift off over steer is what I'm used to from racing dirt but the goal is different on pavement. A powerslide and turning the car with the throttle presents issues.

I feel like the car is a handful no matter what so it doesn't matter what track you put it on. I wish it was just 3 PP higher so it'd get Sport Medium tires for SNAIL. Would make me feel a bit more "in control" and comfortable that it would freak out on my from the slightest over input.

the only thing i didnt like about it was how it behaves under braking and turning in for the last bend on willow but braking while applying half gas made this car quite stable

For me, it's the sweeping corners that present the challenge. The tendency to over steer with lift off just doesn't match my driving style when on pavement. Lift off over steer is what I'm used to from racing dirt but the goal is different on pavement. A powerslide and turning the car with the throttle presents issues.
You worded it perfectly.

Lift off oversteer is one of my leading hazards in spec Miata racing, especially when closing on a competor in a turn to quickly.

If I didn't lose my lead right away by going wide I would've won the race easily by driving clean and concise.

I've definitely proven myself within my division to have straight up pure speed. I've qualified on pole and/or podium almost every race and only been here for two weeks.

Good to see you are working on your people skills. Still a ways to go before you've mastered humility though...but hey, keep working on it, you'll get there.

I agree,the Elise 111R is IMO one of the most un-balanced of all the Elises out of the box. My personal favorites would have to be the Elise 190 and the Motorsport Elise. better control means more user friendly and less likely to produce IR.

I found the 111R elise to spin out easily if the accelerator is pressed too hard from exiting a turn. All the vehicles i drive i enjoy. I would have had a better chance of winning at Suzuka if i didn't push so hard through the turns. Always learn from mistakes made each week.

I found the 111R elise to spin out easily if the accelerator is pressed too hard from exiting a turn. All the vehicles i drive i enjoy. I would have had a better chance of winning at Suzuka if i didn't push so hard through the turns. Always learn from mistakes made each week.
I found that if can you can keep that delicate balance of control on the Elise and stay on the track the car was actually quite fun to drive.

I am a big fan of the Lotus cars, and I concur this one was tricky.

In the first race, I felt in control and ended with a podium result in a hard-fought battle with two other guys. :gtpflag:

In the second race, I may have stayed on the track for one lap of the eight. It was bizarre - I even made sure all cables were plugged in, etc. I barely finished within the 90 sec timer. :yuck: :banghead:

In the final combo, Nothing was awry with the wheel or vehicle performance. Inconsistent Driver Incidents On Track were normal for my style. :dunce:

I am a big fan of the Lotus cars, and I concur this one was tricky.

In the first race, I felt in control and ended with a podium result in a hard-fought battle with two other guys. :gtpflag:

In the second race, I may have stayed on the track for one lap of the eight. It was bizarre - I even made sure all cables were plugged in, etc. I barely finished within the 90 sec timer. :yuck: :banghead:

In the final combo, Nothing was awry with the wheel or vehicle performance. Inconsistent Driver Incidents On Track were normal for my style. :dunce:
I think a little softer compound tire would help without ruining the feel. Also you have to be so aware of other competitors, one little touch could send someone spinning.

2 laps is sticking in my memory for some reason. So about five minute laps, max.

It used to be related to the 10 minutes of qualifying way back.

Ill be opening a testing room for this week's lotus 111r track, please join to help in the decision!

Room closed

Last edited:
Back