◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,834 comments
Please no fish slap bowler!!!(hiding underneath desk) :scared: Have the combos been officially decided yet?:confused:

P.S. Do you guys feel I should practice really hard and go give racing at D1 a try again and break in the good ole rust and racecraft?

If ever a fish slap was deserved, it's here. One post up is the answer to your question. One post. I have friends over watching the game so I don't have time to administer the fish slap.

a few quick questions 1) tire compound for the fairlady? 2) the yellow markers on the corners before and after the back stretch are out of bounds? and 3)the short shoot before the front stretch and the front stretch are you allowed to go over the white lines?

1. It's not a fairlady and it's SH. 2. Yellow striped area is considered in bounds 3. White lines with no pavement change around them are not track boundaries unless otherwise noted. It is noted at Monza that the white line on the exit of the last chicane on the outside is the track boundary.

D6 Silverstone- Had a little more fun experimenting with effects. I'll try to follow @Wolfsatz lead and keep it to a manageable amount in a D6 Action Pack for future uploads. The rest can be found in our ongoing October team thread. Enjoy.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

1. It's not a fairlady and it's SH. 2. Yellow striped area is considered in bounds 3. White lines with no pavement change around them are not track boundaries unless otherwise noted. It is noted at Monza that the white line on the exit of the last chicane on the outside is the track boundary.
I know you are watching the game - enjoy!. BUT I think we need to stress that there are four other places on Monza where you can go OOB and gain a lot of time. I'm no expert, so correct me if I'm wrong:

Monza%20Circuit.jpg

1. First chicane - on both the right-hander (T1) in and the left-hander (T2) out. Two wheels have to stay on or inside the rumble strips

2. Second Chicane: Same principle, but this one goes left-in (T4) and right-out (T5) - two wheels on or inside the rumble strips.

3. Second Lesmo (T7) : two wheels on or inside the rumble strips. Do not cut the corner with four wheels on the grass

4. Ascari. Two wheels on or inside the rumble strips on left-hander (T8), right-hander (T9) and left-hander (T10) and as per bowler, stay two wheels on or inside of the white line exiting T10

(Note in GT6 the Finish Line is actually at the same place as the Start Line)

Last edited:
I know you are watching the game - enjoy!. BUT I think we need to stress that there are four other places on Monza where you can go OOB and gain a lot of time. I'm no expert, so correct me if I'm wrong:

View attachment 246939

1. First chicane - on both the right-hander (T1) in and the left-hander (T2) out. Two wheels have to stay on or inside the white line

2. Second Chicane: Same principle, but this one goes left-in (T4) and right-out (T5) - two wheels inside the white line.

3. Second Lesmo (T7) : two wheels inside the white line. Do not cut the corner with four wheels on the grass

4. Ascari. Two wheels inside the white line on left-hander (T8), right-hander (T9) and left-hander (T10) and as per bowler, stay two wheels on the inside of the white line exiting T10

I want you to go read the OLR, specifically section 15: Track Boundaries, and then tell me if what you posted there is correct or not.

ok just figured i would check cause i was staying in the white lines for the entire lap on trial moutain and it is still a fairlady even though it doesn't say that in the dealership title it is written on the car lol :)

Last edited:

View attachment 246939

1. First chicane - on both the right-hander (T1) in and the left-hander (T2) out. Two wheels have to stay on or inside the white line

2. Second Chicane: Same principle, but this one goes left-in (T4) and right-out (T5) - two wheels inside the white line.

3. Second Lesmo (T7) : two wheels inside the white line. Do not cut the corner with four wheels on the grass

4. Ascari. Two wheels inside the white line on left-hander (T8), right-hander (T9) and left-hander (T10) and as per bowler, stay two wheels on the inside of the white line exiting T10

The way i understood is that curbs are track limits not the white lines or anything beyond the curbs (except for the exit on the one bowler mentioned) (T10) ?

ok just figured i would check cause i was staying in the white lines for the entire lap and it is still a fairlady even though it doesn't say that in the dealership title it is written on the car lol :)
I hate how PD does that, they take the exact same car and without changing anything on it give it two different names, claim one is the japanese version and - instant car count padding!

I want you to go read the OLR, specifically section 15: Track Boundaries, and then tell me if what you posted there is correct or not.

Darn!! - You give me homework...??? :banghead:

Section 15
C: Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc. is part of the track unless otherwise stated herein or by the Stewards / Technical Director. These rumble strips are generally painted a striped pattern. When there is any potential for confusion, a clarification will be issued by the Stewards / Technical Director as to what is considered rumble strip and what is not.
I corrected the post above. Please give me a re-score...:P

Section 15
C: Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc. is part of the track unless otherwise stated herein or by the Stewards / Technical Director. These rumble strips are generally painted a striped pattern. When there is any potential for confusion, a clarification will be issued by the Stewards / Technical Director as to what is considered rumble strip and what is not.

It's not about a score. Hopefully now that you went and looked it up and read it and quoted it, you will know in the future. As G.I. Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle."

Section 15
thats why i was asking the stewards cause i don't know if it has been appointed out of bounds or not

After the exit to Parabolica, there is a white line that is a significant distance from the pit wall. I can see people trying to stick close to the wall in qualifying to keep the distance to the finish line as short as possible. I want to assume that white line is the track boundary, but I want to confirm this, as I'm sure others might want the clarity as well.

You can see the line here.

EDIT: I can also see people using that extra bit during passing opportunities, or right off the start, so being clear about this might be more important than I thought.

After the exit to Parabolica, there is a white line that is a significant distance from the pit wall. I can see people trying to stick close to the wall in qualifying to keep the distance to the finish line as short as possible. I want to assume that white line is the track boundary, but I want to confirm this, as I'm sure others might want the clarity as well.

You can see the line here.

EDIT: I can also see people using that extra bit during passing opportunities, or right off the start, so being clear about this might be more important than I thought.

That white line means nothing.

Here is what we got so far.
I still need lap times for the Nissan and also some confirmation lap times for Monza. Looks like I have to bring it down to 2:01 average lap times
Also please note: @Wolfsatz : Your car in the photo shows a "Fairlady" on it. I think they specified the Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71. There are two of these in the GT6 carlist. One without the Fairlady and one with the Fairlady (Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71)

View attachment 246934

I did get the right one. Not sure why it still shows as Fairlady on the picture. They both seem identical though.

What is the after oil HP and PP for the Nissan?

384 if I remember correctly. HP.. not enough to go up hill :crazy::boggled::nervous::odd:

Last edited:
I did get the right one. Not sure why it still shows as Fairlady on the picture. They both seem identical though.

384 if I remember correctly. HP.. not enough to go up hill :crazy::boggled::nervous::odd:

HP 155 after oil...yep might need to make a Flintstone's move to get it up the hill

Agreed.. the car actually handles very well for an old timer. However when you lose your momentum you pay...

dont come to a complete stop in that car...its like 0-30 in 5 minutes.

fun racing last night, some bumping and pack wrecks going on but thats what practice is for. gotta push the limits of your car to see what it can/cant do before race day. senna and rumble strips definitely do not like each other.

My halloween color scheme is purple body with dark/blood red wheels. Also temporarily switched my number to 13 for that car. Not a typical black/orange thing but I like it. I guess it doesn't matter though cause I will not be racing this Sunday. It's still fun to practice with it though!

We haven't had a Thursday theme for a few weeks so here's one:

THROUGH THE AIR THURSDAY

The players:
@vsfit in the Camaro
@Mike Lobban in the VW
@Jakedog23 in the red Viper
@aerolite in the yellow Viper

The place:
First jump at Sierra going backwards. We didn't laugh much doing this!

View attachment 247133 View attachment 247134 View attachment 247135 View attachment 247136 View attachment 247137 View attachment 247138 View attachment 247139 View attachment 247140 View attachment 247141

OMG....I still can't stop laughing after seeing these! My co-workers must think I'm losing my mind. Thanks.....

Back