◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
2022 is now Archived.

Top 20 in Points for the year:

1672747845240.png

Congrats @Nicktune for a last month push to come out on top

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on December 18, 2022

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 95 (86.17 for Prize B)
  2. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2

1. L-L-B_1993 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 100 (109.30 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. Track_King47 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (92.91 for Prize C)
  3. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Smhintzane -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Minigun_Jones ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Malizaghi --------- did not submit a vote
  8. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - RUF CTR3 '07 (RM) at Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East - S05 Afternoon (12 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Louis3986 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @Louis3986 has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 2 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D2 drivers from Sunday night start TESTING combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post a good combo when @JLBowler gives the "all clear". It's important to mention that a good combo will not have a car that hits its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft). Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @Louis3986 is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT (SM) at Alsace - Test Course Reverse - C05 Evening (18 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Timlour gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Track_King47 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines
View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have no incidents on file.

Banner by @GamingPete

@Louis3986 @Timlour @Track_King47 are clear to make your selections. If you raced in D2, you are able to make a suggestion for prize A. You must post in this thread and you can not change your suggestion. Deadline will be 3PM ET on Wednesday. After that time, @Louis3986 may make his selection from those suggestions.

@Timlour has already posted that he will be out of town but I'm not sure when that starts. He will not be considered an absentee prize winner but his prize will go over to a suggestion process if he doesn't reply within the standard 24 hours.

UCD and LCD cars that are under the credit cap may be chosen with the following provision.

UCD and LCD cars that are under the credit cap may be chosen for use. When they are chosen for use, an eligible car from Brand Central must also be chosen to use as a back-up car in the event that the UCD or LCD car becomes unavailable for purchase prior to race day. If the LCD or UCD car should become unavailable for purchase before the time that the drivers list is updated for racing, the back-up car will be switched in and used.

This will be added to the SNAIL OLR P&G thread soon. If you have any questions about this policy, please ask them before you make a choice from the UCD or LCD.

Prize Update

As expected, @Timlour has not responded to make a selection as he is on a cruise. He gave advance notice of this so he will lock into prize B. This means that @Track_King47 has prize c. He notified us this morning through the prize winner conversation that he was starting a 12 hour shift and made choices for each possible scenario he might fact so that we could move forward.

@Track_King47 has chosen to freeze the car. If you raced in D1, you get to make a suggestion for a track. Deadline will be 11:59 PM ET Thursday night. Once that deadline passes, the drivers of D2 will vote on those suggestions and voting will close at 3PM ET on Friday.

In order to enter scores into the scoresheet, you must have permission to edit the document. If you do not have permission to edit the document and would like to or need to keep score, please submit a request for access to @JLBowler via conversation on GTPlanet. You will need to provide an email address for the invitation to edit to be sent to.

Those are the instructions for gaining access to the scoresheet. Same instructions for any other sheets. The request in Google will just end up going to an unmonitored email address. Start that conversation with me and I'll get you access.
I can see. Keeping @nmcp1 very busy.

I am not able to run the Sunday series anymore. Maybe some guest appearances on Thursdays are possible. Its really sad because I miss everything about SNAIL & everyone in the community… there is no way I would be the driver I am without this league.

My YouTube is based around the GTWS Nations and Manu Series, but also the reoccurring Daily Races which update very early on Monday mornings for us. Sport Mode is what my viewers show up for, & to ask questions.

On Sunday, many people find my channel by searching for a GT streamer running the next week’s Daily Races. Private leagues do not have the same appeal to the wider casual audience. My work on YT gets priority over whatever I feel like playing or doing on Playstation Network. Especially after the year I just had, I need to stick to the formula & continue grinding.
That’s awesome !!

Ok. If you raced in D2, please vote for Tsukuba or Horse Thief Mile. Voting will close at 3PM ET on Friday or qhen a majority is reached.

Last edited:
Majority has been reached. 8 drivers are eligible to vote and four have voted for Tsukuba. Since

the first vote cast was for Tsukuba, it has the tie breaker.

Tsukuba with default time will be the track.

Since it appears Thursday night league practices are no longer a thing, would anyone mind helping me test if I can find and get into a league lobby tonight or tomorrow?
I’m available tomorrow evening after 7PM I will set up a lobby for a couple of practice laps !

I will try to make it on thursday nights in 2023, its hard to commit to a night other than sunday.

EDIT: I won’t be able to make it tonight @Dragonwhisky so sorry :( last minute change of plans, my wife invited the in laws for dinner tonight…see you sunday.

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, January 8th, 2023 Lineup
January 2023 Season League Night #1

1. Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT on SM Tires @ Tsukuba Circuit - S01 Early Morning - (15 Laps)
2. Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20 on RH Tires @ Red Bull Ring - S01 Early Morning - (10 Laps)
3. Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13 on RM Tires @ Nurburgring Grand Prix Track - C05 Evening - (8 Laps)

1673117226097.png

I’m available tomorrow evening after 7PM I will set up a lobby for a couple of practice laps !

I will try to make it on thursday nights in 2023, its hard to commit to a night other than sunday.

EDIT: I won’t be able to make it tonight @Dragonwhisky so sorry :( last minute change of plans, my wife invited the in laws for dinner tonight…see you sunday.
Copy that.

Anyone else care to help an old, fat & slow guy out with testing?

Gonna get destroyed in D1 lol
I don’t think you guys realize how close the majority of the racing would be if we were all in one division. There are a few aliens in D1 who are consistently faster than everyone but the rest of us are closer than you might think.

Just because it says D1 doesn’t mean everyone is an order of magnitude faster. Besides the aliens the difference is largely consistency.

Last edited:
Consistency in all of the 6 races is the key to win or at least finish in the top 5. And dont worry we don’t bite in D1, we’re friendly, the more the merrier !

Latest Posts

Back