◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
Scores and votes done for D1. Very close night of racing all around which is reflected in the points. Fun night.

9446A7EE-AD2A-42D4-813A-C80467FFA0D1.jpeg

Two VERY consistent laps around Suzuka. Lost it two times in the same race at 130r. That corner is a pain in the butt. One of the hardest to master and get right every time.

Last edited:
Awesome update coming up tomorrow. At long last, we got Grand Valley which looks breathtaking. Looks like a great twist on a classic circuit. The Sophy events seem very interesting also. I can't wait to test all this new content.

Message to this week's prize winners: '73 911 @ Grand Valley...wink wink...I'm just kidding of course...but am I ? ;)

Now, some D1 photos from yesterday.

2023-02-19 Race 1.jpg

2023-02-19 Race 2.jpg

2023-02-19 Race 2 (2).jpg

2023-02-19 Race 3.jpg
2023-02-19 Race 3 (2).jpg

130R can bite as you can see me about to meet our friend Barry R. Also I lost it exactly at the same place during the last lap. Still, I loved that combo and Suzuka will always be a favorite of mine.
2023-02-19 Race 4.jpg

2023-02-19 Race 5.jpg

The glorious screaming chicken in all its glory. Fun car to race even on racing hards. I expected it to handle weird but its fine. I hope it stays for another week. Fingers crossed !

2023-02-19 Race 6.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome update coming up tomorrow. At long last, we got Grand Valley which looks breathtaking. Looks like a great twist on a classic circuit. The Sophy events seem very interesting also. I can't wait to test all this new content.

Message to this week's prize winners: '73 911 @ Grand Valley...wink wink...I'm just kidding of course...but am I ? ;)

Now, some D1 photos from yesterday.

View attachment 1232814
View attachment 1232815
View attachment 1232816
View attachment 1232817View attachment 1232818
130R can bite as you can see me about to meet our friend Barry R. Also I lost it exactly at the same place during the last lap. Still, I loved that combo and Suzuka will always be a favorite of mine.
View attachment 1232820
View attachment 1232821
The glorious screaming chicken in all its glory. Fun car to race even on racing hards. I expected it to handle weird but its fine. I hope it stays for another week. Fingers crossed !

View attachment 1232822
How was the lobby stability?

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 19, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (91.20 for Prize B)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (89.13 for Prize C)
  3. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. ATX610UD13 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. L-L-B_1993 -------- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 97 (93.47 for Prize A)
  2. Tyro_2004_2004 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Unsteddie --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Tex_Hill ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Honda NSX Type R '02 (SS) at Suzuka Circuit Full Course - S01 Afternoon (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Dragonwhisky wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 (RH) at Dragontrail International Raceway Gardens Reverse - S01 Late Morning (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Timlour gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Nicktune so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

I just took a quick drive on Grand Valley highway and wow I love all the detail….check out this post from another gtplanet member on the comparison of the in game layout and the real life highway it was based off of. Cannot believe the detail they put into this…..very impressive

Thread 'Grand Valley Highway 1 vs. Real Life (California Highway 1)'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...y-1-vs-real-life-california-highway-1.416882/

For all SNAIL members old and new, I am trying to re-start the monthly Friday Night racing presented under the SNAIL banner now that GT7 has evolved. Please have a look and see if this might interest you and fit your schedule, and if so, follow the Sign Up instructions toward the top of the first post. This will be a PS5 exclusive series to ensure optimum room quality for this 6 event series. Specific start date to be set once a solid roster is established. Hope see some of you on track soon.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-schedule-tbd-see-inside-for-details.416870/

View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have no incidents on file.

Banner by @GamingPete

@Timlour @Dragonwhisky @Nicktune

@Timlour has already used the freeze so if he chooses to use it again, the choice will be up to a vote of D1.

A conversation will be started that will include instructions and deadlines.

Reminder: As is the usual for SNAIL, newly added content is not eligible for selection during the week in which it was released. Assuming there are no bugs or glitches with the tracks and cars, they will be available for selection next week.

I just took a quick drive on Grand Valley highway and wow I love all the detail….check out this post from another gtplanet member on the comparison of the in game layout and the real life highway it was based off of. Cannot believe the detail they put into this…..very impressive

Thread 'Grand Valley Highway 1 vs. Real Life (California Highway 1)'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...y-1-vs-real-life-california-highway-1.416882/
If you spend any time in GTA V you will recognise the area as well.

Prize A - AMG Mercedes-AMG C 63 S '15 on RH, C135,800 at Alsace - Village Reverse, S06, Sunset.

@JLBowler @Akzl298

Basically, I went out here @Famine 's advice and correlated it with this list to decide what car and track to pick. So far as I can tell, neither the car or track layout has been raced once in SNAIL Sunday racing. Admittedly, the car has only appeared in GT7.

I ran a low 2:04 in a TT at the track and am reasonably certain I can dip into :03s. D1 will almost certainly hit :01s and quite possibly sub 2min. The car will understeer at some points and oversteer at others. Sometimes, unexpectedly in both cases.

Figured I'd let the other prize winners decide if they wanted to pick GVH1 this early in its debut in GT7.

Last edited:
I just had a go at the new 1.29 content. The new Grand Valley is looking beautiful and is fun to drive. Elevation changes, more than in the original, fast and slow corners. Its not what I expected but I think it will make for great racing. You can see the overall classic layout especially in the first sectors. The South variant is good fun too, drove it with the Citroen DS, it will be a circuit ideal for slower cars.

As for Sophy, you can clearly see a major improvement versus the actual AI. The one on one races are next level hard. You have to get in front of Sophy and manage to stay in front. If you leave the door open on the inside, you will get passed. If you brake too early, you will get passed by the outside. Its always clean and never hits you though. It's the closest thing to racing another player...a incredibly fast player. Never seen anything like it in more than 20 years of racing games. Truely fascinating and I hope it will get implemented in GT8.

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, February 26th, 2023 Lineup
February 2023 Season League Night #3
1. Wicked Fabrication GT 51 on SS Tires @ Watkins Glen International Long Course - S07 Sunset - (7 Laps)
2. Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 on RH Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track Layout A - C01 Late Morning - (8 Laps)
3. AMG Mercedes-AMG C 63 S '15 on RH Tires @ Alsace Village - Reverse - S06 Sunset - (8 Laps)

Feb 26 Combos.png

Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, February 26th, 2023 Lineup
February 2023 Season League Night #3
1. Wicked Fabrication GT 51 on SS Tires @ Watkins Glen International Long Course - S07 Sunset - (7 Laps)
2. Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 on RH Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track Layout A - C01 Late Morning - (8 Laps)
3. AMG Mercedes-AMG C 63 S '15 on RH Tires @ Alsace Village - Reverse - S06 Sunset - (8 Laps)

View attachment 1233704
Great Line Up! VR Ready Boys!

Started working on acclimating myself to VR tonight. Started the game over using the VR. I have to say, while there are some niggling issues to deal with, the experience so far has been downright crazy. Elevation changes will have your body arguing with your eyes and brain. At least they did mine at Alsace and Sardegna doing MB8. On a break now letting that argument settle before I tackle the B license. Driving VR is kinda like having 8 screens around you.

I'm interested in the VR feedback. I have what was a year ago about the best all around VR setup available for iracing. I enjoy it, but between the cumbersome nature and inconvenience(need to drag it out, plug it in, start it all up...then drive around a bit until the headset got hot enough to burn the fog off the lenses, etc) I ended up not using it much for racing. I did get a lot of mileage out of it on the flight sim, but unless I'm really hot to play in VR that day I pretty much still run my single monitor exclusively. Haven't really considered it for PS due to a combination of the above and concerns about the hardware limitations(to run my VR my pc cost more than the motor in my race car...no joke.) For me, unless the VR experience is pretty flawless (frame rate steady and not dizzying, resolution not looking like its PS3) I tend to avoid it, which is where my apprehension comes from knowing the PS5 is not anywhere near as powerful as my PC. Though my pc is pretty overkill for anything other than MS flight sim.

Also, not gunna lie, the headset makes drinking from a can difficult. Not because you can't see the can, but because the VR is in the way you can't really tip the can up and instead have to tilt your whole head to drink. So I spent a lot of time on the straights staring at the headliner. :lol:

BTW, is it just me or is there an enormous amount of input lag typing replies into this forum once you have more than a sentence typed out?

Last edited:
I'm interested in the VR feedback. I have what was a year ago about the best all around VR setup available for iracing. I enjoy it, but between the cumbersome nature and inconvenience(need to drag it out, plug it in, start it all up...then drive around a bit until the headset got hot enough to burn the fog off the lenses, etc) I ended up not using it much for racing. I did get a lot of mileage out of it on the flight sim, but unless I'm really hot to play in VR that day I pretty much still run my single monitor exclusively. Haven't really considered it for PS due to a combination of the above and concerns about the hardware limitations(to run my VR my pc cost more than the motor in my race car...no joke.) For me, unless the VR experience is pretty flawless (frame rate steady and not dizzying, resolution not looking like its PS3) I tend to avoid it, which is where my apprehension comes from knowing the PS5 is not anywhere near as powerful as my PC. Though my pc is pretty overkill for anything other than MS flight sim.

Also, not gunna lie, the headset makes drinking from a can difficult. Not because you can't see the can, but because the VR is in the way you can't really tip the can up and instead have to tilt your whole head to drink. So I spent a lot of time on the straights staring at the headliner. :lol:

BTW, is it just me or is there an enormous amount of input lag typing replies into this forum once you have more than a sentence typed out?
As a VR Veteran I doubt you will be much impressed with the Sony PSVR2. It is simple to connect and generally easy to configure. The issues I have with image clarity may be improved with headset/scope placement and a new pair of glasses that fit better inside the light shield. I have to say though, driving in VR is hard to describe. As I mentioned earlier, 2 of your senses are engaged, sight and sound, and those 2 are sending signals to your brain the other 3 are just not getting. Not that taste or smell will be much involved here in any case. Touch, or "feel" is just sitting in the corner all by itself wondering what all the hoopla is about, all the while bucking against what those other 2 are raving about.

Yeah, I can see how drinking from a can would be problematic. I reckon you could hit that beverage with a sissy stick. As I understand it from others, beer hits harder when drunk from a straw. :mischievous:

GTP forum editor has always been wonky. I've noticed some weird 💩 from time to time since I returned more regularly. Trying not to let it frustrate me much.

Don't forget where you are while playing, I was looking around in VR showcase and gave myself a fat lip by hitting my wheel. :lol:

Yeah, I feel you there. I was trying to lean forward to get a better look at the gauge package behind the wheel and bonked the scope on the wheel and it shoved my glasses into my nose uncomfortably. Definitely weird looking around the cockpit trying to touch things that aren't really there.

Last edited:
Back