◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Online has always seemed a little “greasy” compared to offline. A little more slip here or there. Make sure to set the conditions for real grip instead of low also.

Last edited:
There is a slight difference between online and offline. About half a second to a second per minute between the two, offline being the faster of the two. I still practice offline as its faster to just start a time trial session and most of the time what I'm doing offline transfers well online.

There is a slight difference between online and offline. About half a second to a second per minute between the two, offline being the faster of the two. I still practice offline as its faster to just start a time trial session and most of the time what I'm doing offline transfers well online.
I used a harder grade tire as a work around.

I literally don't ever drive offline, and don't recommend it. Also don't recommend driving without grip reduction on real, and while less important slipstream on real as well. The former is a deal breaker for me, and why I spend most of my time in my own lobby, since default is "low" and most people don't understand what that setting does and so they leave it default. One group I drive with occasionally runs without wear, and because it's hosted by a friend I bend another guideline of mine; not to run without wear at 1x.

Lap times aside, these settings all affect how the car feels. The balance, breakaway, and recoverability are all different. If you're committing time to practice for a race, I recommend practicing only under the race conditions. If you're lucky like me and not beholden to practicing for any particular series, and/or are a sim snob as well, strive for the most realistic parameters. But most importantly, and worth repeating; practice under the same conditions you will be racing.

Waiting-for-a-Response-0602830111499600494.jpeg

There's aan issue with the Google sheet that has the approved cars and tracks on it. I can access the cars, but the sheet with the tracks is hidden and locked.

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - 3/5/23
Penalty Rate 86%
Banner by GamingPete

Division 1

Canoworms1
Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. Halved to 3 for self-report

Division 2

Tyro_2004_2004
Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 4 points. Doubled to 8 for probation violation
Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 15 points. Doubled to 30 for probation violation.
Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points. Doubled to 10 for probation violation.

Flyingdisc315
Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points.
Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 10 points.

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - 3/5/23
Penalty Rate 86%

Banner by GamingPete

Division 1

Canoworms1
Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. Halved to 3 for self-report

Division 2

Tyro_2004_2004
Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 4 points. Doubled to 8 for probation violation
Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 15 points. Doubled to 30 for probation violation.
Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points. Doubled to 10 for probation violation.

Flyingdisc315
Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points.
Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 10 points.
What’s all this? I didn’t have any incident reports.

Promotion and relegation and the drivers list will be done later today. The crap has hit the fan for me. Between weather issues and other things to deal with, I'm going to be very busy today.

tyro click on the link on bowlers signature. "It's linked right here" then go to snail incident report and review. then click the link after the list of division stewards labeled "check this link" that should help you.

tyro click on the link on bowlers signature. "It's linked right here" then go to snail incident report and review. then click the link after the list of division stewards labeled "check this link" that should help you.
Thanks I see it now… complete bs in my opinion. One person can wreck your whole week isn’t right. This kinda popped the fun for me now. I was all into this before but I’m not sure anymore.

I get hit every race but I let it go and not file reports about it. Why? Unless it’s done on purpose or something pretty bad that would be my last resort to file a IR.

Last edited:
You should receive a message from this forum each time an incident is filed against you. It states who filed it and their reasoning. You are also given the opportunity to reply and defend yourself if you feel you are in the right.

Reasons behind filing incident reports are irrelevant because everyone is an individual and reacts to racing incidents differently. If they are valid and someone feels like the rules weren't followed then they are able to file a report. And then the stewards watch the replays from different angles and determine who, if anyone, is at fault and how egregious the incident was. If someone is at fault, then points are taken away from their total.

So in a worst case scenario...everyone hits everyone just a little bit every night and no one cares. Because it's just a little thing and it wasn't on purpose right? And with no policing system in place it just becomes like every other online racing room where anything goes. The reason we have this system is to encourage everyone to learn how to drive cleaner and avoid making these "faultless" mistakes. If people continue to make these mistakes without figuring out how to drive cleaner and with fewer mistakes then they just are not cut out for this league.

There is a 24hr period after race night where you are allowed to file an IR if you feel you have been the victim of poor racecraft. If indeed you feel you are being hit all the time then you are encouraged to file an IR. Eventually people will learn to drive more carefully or will be forced out of the league. And it's not just being more careful. It's being respectful...and the more respect you give the more you will get back. If someone runs into you and causes you to spin out...they are supposed to slow down and allow you to pass them back. This is called making a concession or conceding your position. If they run you off the road and keep on driving like they didn't do anything then that is not very respectful right? And if someone does crash on track, the expected behaviour is to stay off track until there are no cars around so they can safely rejoin the racing action.

There are lots of little things like this about our league that sets us apart from standard racing rooms.

Not sure how this "wrecks your whole week" moreso than giving you an opportunity to up your game and get better.

Last edited:
You should receive a message from this forum each time an incident is filed against you. It states who filed it and their reasoning. You are also given the opportunity to reply and defend yourself if you feel you are in the right.

Reasons behind filing incident reports are irrelevant because everyone is an individual and reacts to racing incidents differently. If they are valid and someone feels like the rules weren't followed then they are able to file a report. And then the stewards watch the replays from different angles and determine who, if anyone, is at fault and how egregious the incident was. If someone is at fault, then points are taken away from their total.

So in a worst case scenario...everyone hits everyone just a little bit every night and no one cares. Because it's just a little thing and it wasn't on purpose right? And with no policing system in place it just becomes like every other online racing room where anything goes. The reason we have this system is to encourage everyone to learn how to drive cleaner and avoid making these "faultless" mistakes. If people continue to make these mistakes without figuring out how to drive cleaner and with fewer mistakes then they just are not cut out for this league.

There is a 24hr period after race night where you are allowed to file an IR if you feel you have been the victim of poor racecraft. If indeed you feel you are being hit all the time then you are encouraged to file an IR. Eventually people will learn to drive more carefully or will be forced out of the league. And it's not just being more careful. It's being respectful...and the more respect you give the more you will get back. If someone runs into you and causes you to spin out...they are supposed to slow down and allow you to pass them back. This is called making a concession or conceding your position. If they run you off the road and keep on driving like they didn't do anything then that is not very respectful right? And if someone does crash on track, the expected behaviour is to stay off track until there are no cars around so they can safely rejoin the racing action.

There are lots of little things like this about our league that sets us apart from standard racing rooms.

Not sure how this "wrecks your whole week" moreso than giving you an opportunity to up your game and get better.
I wasn’t getting an opportunity to defend myself. I just saw in my personal email that I had 2 filed against me, They are saying 3 and I was not given any information on the review process or any information to defend myself. Zero private messages on GTplanet about Any incident reports to defend or review and zero on my email. I have only been in contact today about reports saying I was at fault and I’m on the Last Chance List.

Yea, my last Sunday of racing points are subject to IR’s.

If I get Hit/Bumped etc, I do a bit of understanding on that driver and give them a benefit of a doubt that they couldn’t avoid an accident and that it wasn’t on purpose. Not go file a report on that driver. The reports should be filed for someone doing something on purpose or is doing it to get ahead in racing.

I understand the rules in the league and how different the league is. I enjoy that part but not the part of how easy you can report someone’s driving.

Last edited:
Back