◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
The suggestion process is now open for prize A. If you raced in D2 this week, you get to make one suggestions for prize A. You must post in this thread, you can't edit your post to change your suggestion, and the deadline to make a suggestion will be 11:59 PM ET tonight (Wednesday). At that time, @racingchamp30 will be clear to choose from the suggestions. If you are tagged below, you are eligible to make a suggestion.
@JamCar0ne @CdnSweetTee @CANOWORMS1 @Gurney67 @unsteddie @Saber_stance @Skills

The suggestion process is now open for prize A. If you raced in D2 this week, you get to make one suggestions for prize A. You must post in this thread, you can't edit your post to change your suggestion, and the deadline to make a suggestion will be 11:59 PM ET tonight (Wednesday). At that time, @racingchamp30 will be clear to choose from the suggestions. If you are tagged below, you are eligible to make a suggestion.
I'll bow out of suggesting anything, since I'm out of town and can't race this week.

I took yesterday's Steward's Report as an all clear. I will humbly resubmit my earlier suggestion:

Prize A suggestion: Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 at Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa Reverse S03 Early morning.

That's cool! What were the steps to hook it up to your Playstation?
I had to open 2 ports on my router and add my PlayStation’s local IP to SimHub. Then I connected the amp to my computer’s headset jack. The software uses the game telemetry to generate the output signal through the sound card and out to the Buttkicker amp.

That's cool! What were the steps to hook it up to your Playstation?

I had to open 2 ports on my router and add my PlayStation’s local IP to SimHub. Then I connected the amp to my computer’s headset jack. The software uses the game telemetry to generate the output signal through the sound card and out to the Buttkicker amp.
I used an inline splice on RCA cables to take the signal from the input to my Logitech surround system that's on my rig to run stereo Buttkickers mounted to the seat. I can feel curbs and bumps from whichever side it is coming from.

Prize C:

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11
SH Tires
55,000 Cr (This is also a 'Menu' car, but don't recall which menu book it was)
Running 2:18 laptime

Tested a few cars on Sport Hard tires and was a bit shocked at how quick this 6000 lbs monster is. It's 4WD gives a stable drift through the fast esses, but its mass makes cornering a challenge.
Ahh the gen 1 raptor.. That's my daily driver irl. Now I don't even wanna suggest against it 😅.

@racingchamp30 below are your choices for prize A.

I took yesterday's Steward's Report as an all clear. I will humbly resubmit my earlier suggestion:

Prize A suggestion: Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 at Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa Reverse S03 Early morning.

Lexus SC430 GT500 '08
Fuji International Speedway - Daytime - High noon

Ford focus RS '18
Trial mountain circuit

Prize A
Audi TTS Coupé ‘14 SM
Sardenga Road Track C Reverse
Evening S06 Humid, Cloudless and Pleasant
@racingchamp30
@JLBowler

Combos for 4/2:

1. Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11 on SH Tires @ Grand Valley Highway 1 - S01 Evening - (7 Laps)
2. BMW M2 Competition '18 on RH Tires @ Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout - S01 Evening - (8 Laps)
3. Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 on RM Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Reverse - S03 Early Morning - ( Laps)

Need laptime for the 458 at Kyoto

I used an inline splice on RCA cables to take the signal from the input to my Logitech surround system that's on my rig to run stereo Buttkickers mounted to the seat. I can feel curbs and bumps from whichever side it is coming from.
I just bought 1 more Buttkicker Gamer 2!!

There are definitely physic changes, just not real certain what they are.

Some things I noticed while driving the 458 Italia:

The force feedback seems to have more resolution to where it seems stronger at times of grip. Such as during corner turn in, the car seems planted. But when you try to get on the power at the apex, front end grip can quickly go away allowing you to visit the opposite side of the track. Seems like I have ample steering at corner entry and not enough on corner exit. Is this a result of new physics or from the adjustments they made to steering inputs?

The tire wear model is improved / different. On one of my out laps, entered a corner way too hot resulting in a lock up and cranking the wheel to the point the front tires were chattering and scrubbing laterally instead of rotating. This resulted in a very slight sliver of red on the tire indicators. Over the course of that session, the over cooking of more corners and the general complaints coming from the tires in the corners resulted in more tire wear than I've seen in a while. The next session, paid attention to cornering speeds and tried to minimize tire complaints. The tires wore much, much less. So tire maintenance is a thing now and I welcome it.

Running 1:36's at Kyoto
@Akzl298

Ready For Sunday?
IMG_7378.jpeg

Last edited:
How far apart are the 2 units?

Has the update changed the handling since you tested it @CANOWORMS1 ? I read the update messed with Racing cars.
I agree with @JamCar0ne that the Ferrari is susceptible to oversteer if power is applied too early and/or too enthusiastically on corner exit. Especially if you are a little wide to start with. A little patience and finesse pays dividends...I wish I had them more often. I also felt the car was more controllable in moderate oversteer situations. I recovered from situations that previously would have been terminal.

They are mounted on the outside rails that my seat sits on. I use the seat out of a mid 90s Mustang that I got from a junk yard.
I’m only able to mount them easily about 8” apart. I’m going to try using the audio feed today vs. the telemetry generated sounds and see if I can feel a noticeable separation between the left and right channels.

Last edited:
I agree with @JamCar0ne that the Ferrari is susceptible to oversteer if power is applied too early and/or too enthusiastically on corner exit. Especially if you are a little wide to start with. A little patience and finesse pays dividends...I wish I had them more often. I also felt the car was more controllable in moderate oversteer situations. I recovered from situations that previously would have been terminal.
I noticed it too. Slides seem easier to catch since the update. The M2 on RH is less twitchy, and thus more enjoyable.

Back