◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,375 comments

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 13, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 95 (95.00 for Prize A)
  2. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 89 (89.00 for Prize B)
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 85 (85.00 for Prize C)
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. TokenTimmy -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. Unsteddie --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Autobianchi A112 Abarth '85 (CS) at Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East End - S04 Evening (15 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Timlour wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - BAC Mono '16 (RM) at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya No Chicane - S02 Late Morning (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Worst_Driver gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Nicktune so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Prize A:

Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58 on SH Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C - S03 Night

Mid. Div. Lap Time - 4:29.000

Back-up Car: Chevrolet Corvette C8 '20 on RH Tires

Mid. Div. Lap Time - 3:44.700

@JLBowler @Akzl298
Yar. I'd already bought the C1 from Hagerty. Did have to go buy the C8. Almost ready for that round.

Effective immediately and on a temporary basis, for now, there will be no more repeat prize winners.

Drivers will be allowed to win one prize per season. Once you have won a prize, that driver will be skipped and prizes will be awarded to the highest finishing drivers that have not won a prize in the current season. This will make the selection process more straightforward and directly involve more drivers.

Example: This season there have been 3 drivers that have won prizes. If those three drivers finish 1-2-3 again, prizes will be awarded to the drivers finishing 4-5-6.

Prize B: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 (RH Tires) @ Circuit de Barcelona
Mid div lap time: 1:53
@Akzl298

Picking a car out of my comfort zone here (don't mind the fact that I won't be racing this weekend hehe), but since the last update, street cars are manageable on slicks. Brake early and don't push it too hard, it tends to understeer.

And good idea about the prize winners. It will be nice to have other prize winners other than the usual suspects (myself included). Looking forward to it !

EDIT: Its been 10 years since we raced the SLR, quite a while.

Last edited:
Cars ready!

Palace of Fontainebleau_.jpeg

Effective immediately and on a temporary basis, for now, there will be no more repeat prize winners.

Drivers will be allowed to win one prize per season. Once you have won a prize, that driver will be skipped and prizes will be awarded to the highest finishing drivers that have not won a prize in the current season. This will make the selection process more straightforward and directly involve more drivers.

Example: This season there have been 3 drivers that have won prizes. If those three drivers finish 1-2-3 again, prizes will be awarded to the drivers finishing 4-5-6.
Cool, can't wait for 14, 15, 16 place to pick. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

#always last, never quit.

Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, August 20th, 2023 Lineup
August 2023 Season League Night #3

1. Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58 on SH Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix C - S03 Night - (3 Laps)​
2. Honda NSX Type R '02 on SS Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - South Clockwise - S01 Dawn - (8 Laps)​
3. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 on RH Tires @ Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya No Chicane - S02 Late Morning - (8 Laps)​

August 20th Combos.png

Round 2 is bringing the nostalgia hard. I remember way back when, I was having trouble with the NSX at Tokyo 246 (possibly) and Mrs. Devious gave me lessons for a few hours. I still use the tips I was given that day when I race and they definitely helped me get to the next level. See you on track tonight!
That's the track I had in mind (R246) when I picked this layout. This layout feels like the closest thing to R246. I wish we had R246 ,SSR5 and SSR11 back.

I can’t find the time to practice and being 5-9 seconds off race leaders pace is a demoralizing.
I can’t find the time to practice and being 5-9 seconds off race leaders pace is a demoralizing.
Try racing only the people with the same DR as you. I will never be as quick as the A's and A+'S, but if I have a good race against another B, I'm happy.

Latest Posts

Back