◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,821 comments
Scores copied to Data.

September 11th Standings.png

Glad to be back after a month off the track! All really fun combos too.

I've noticed my G29 now has flashing lights where the rev limiter usually is. Has anyone diagnosed this before? A quick Google search tells me that people seem to think it's a power issue but mine still has full power as I raced with it completely fine last night. Any help is appreciated :)

@A_Higher_Place Glad to see you back, great racing yesterday !

Some photos from D1, you guys are making it hard to take good photos with the lighting but I think I did well. Fun night, way less chaos than I expected considering the cars we were running, except the second lap of the reverse race at HSR with the Corvette. I think it speaks about the racecraft and the respect we have for each other on track. Mistakes happen sure, but overall, even with the bigger grids since the merge of D2 and D1, the racing is still clean and fun.

Expect a slower car this week and a clear blue sunny sky. Its been a while ;)

2023-09-11 Race 1.jpg

2023-09-11 Race 2.jpg

2023-09-11 Race 2 (2).jpg

Close finish for first place here, almost got it.
2023-09-11 Race 3.jpg

2023-09-11 Race 3 (2).jpg

@Kgffy and me battling for third place(no contact of course ;) ) on the last corner. Good battle, it was fun !
2023-09-11 Race 4.jpg

First lap of the reverse race...
2023-09-11 Race 4 (2).jpg

...and here's the second lap. Oopsi. But apart from that big crash, I was pleasantly surprised of the close clean pack racing on this combo. Accidents happen from time to time but considering we race bigger grids since the last few weeks, there is little to no chaos on the first lap.
2023-09-11 Race 5.jpg

2023-09-11 Race 6.jpg

Glad to be back after a month off the track! All really fun combos too.

I've noticed my G29 now has flashing lights where the rev limiter usually is. Has anyone diagnosed this before? A quick Google search tells me that people seem to think it's a power issue but mine still has full power as I raced with it completely fine last night. Any help is appreciated :)
Is the PS3/PS4 switch above the rev LEDs in PS4 position? That is all I can think of. I use the same wheel. Let us know what you find.

Is the PS3/PS4 switch above the rev LEDs in PS4 position? That is all I can think of. I use the same wheel. Let us know what you find.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it this evening when I'm home.

EDIT: It was not the switch. Still flashing yet working properly besides that.

Last edited:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on September 10, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 91 (91.00 for Prize A)
  2. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 89 (89.00 for Prize B)
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (84.00 for Prize C)
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. Unsteddie --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 (RH) at Circuit de Sainte-Croix B - S09 Sunrise (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Worst_Driver wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15 (RM) at Fuji International Speedway - Short - S18 Evening (10 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Timlour gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Nicktune so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
Prize A pick: Volkswagen Polo GTI '14 (SH Tires) @ Grand Valley South Reverse S03, Late Morning.
Mid div lap time: 1:27.
2023-09-17 Prize A.jpg

A never used car on a never used track yet in GT7. First corner is a handful but we are not going through the stupid bottleneck of the narrow 2 lane bridge so it will go smoother than the full GVH Reverse that we ran a couple of weeks ago.

Fun little car, not too quick, not too slow and its not understeer city even though its a FWD hatch. Interesting quirk about the Polo GTI, I'm probably imagining things but it seems like the pumped in fake engine sound that is present in modern cars is simulated in GT7 atleast for this car. The cockpit sound and the sound from the other views are so different. Its the first car that I notice such a huge difference...or maybe I'm just crazy.

Prize A pick: Volkswagen Polo GTI '14 (SH Tires) @ Grand Valley South Reverse S03, Late Morning.
View attachment 1286630

A never used car on a never used track yet in GT7. First corner is a handful but we are not going through the stupid bottleneck of the narrow 2 lane bridge so it will go smoother than the full GVH Reverse that we ran a couple of weeks ago.

Fun little car, not too quick, not too slow and its not understeer city even though its a FWD hatch. Interesting quirk about the Polo GTI, I'm probably imagining things but it seems like the pumped in fake engine sound that is present in modern cars is simulated in GT7 atleast for this car. The cockpit sound and the sound from the other views are so different. Its the first car that I notice such a huge difference...or maybe I'm just crazy.
You finally made your own livery? I totally understand why we search for a cool livery in GT7. So many cool ones to grab. And, not to start a debate, but you may BE crazy (fast)?

Last edited:
View attachment 1286630

0fe5e5640c0c42033af1f2fa47d50077_photo.jpeg

As a big fan of Worst's, both on track and in the paint shop, I thought having the same paint scheme might put me in the same league. 😆 Well not really, you'll notice I'm in the slower yellow door class. 😁 (and yes I'm also going backwards according to the rumble strip.)

We have a non-responsive prize winner this week.

@Timlour has forfeited his prize. Since the process for suggestions and voting when there is an absentee prize winner requires multiple divisions to work, an executive decision has been made.

@Nicktune is now the second prize winner and he has the option to use or pass the freeze.
@Xradkins is now the third prize winner and he will have whatever option @Nicktune leaves him.

You are both clear to make your choices.

@Nicktune we are waiting on you to use or pass the freeze so that @Xradkins can make his decision.

If no choice is made by 2pm ET / 11am PT then something will have to be done to keep the process moving.
That time has come and gone. Another executive decision coming up.

If you raced this week and are tagged below, vote to freeze the car or the track. Voting will close at 11:59 PM ET tonight. At that time, @Xradkins will be free to choose the other half of the combo.

@Worst_Driver @Kgffy @Dragonwhisky @racingchamp30 @A_Higher_Place @JamCar0ne @Cano @Gurney67 @cesarr64

1. Volkswagen Polo GTI '14 on SH Tires @ Grand Valley South - Reverse - S03 Late Morning - (11 Laps)
2. Chevrolet Corvette C8 '20 on RH Tires @ High Speed Ring - C03 Twilight - (13 Laps)
3. Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man '16 on RM Tires @ Fuji International Speedway - Short - S18 Evening - (10 Laps)

Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, September 17th, 2023 Lineup
September 2023 Season League Night #2

1. Volkswagen Polo GTI '14 on SH Tires @ Grand Valley South - Reverse - S03 Late Morning - (11 Laps)
2. Chevrolet Corvette C8 '20 on RH Tires @ High Speed Ring - C03 Twilight - (13 Laps)
3. Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man '16 on RM Tires @ Fuji International Speedway - Short - S18 Evening - (10 Laps)

September 17th Combos.png

Back