◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,820 comments
Hey guys, I read the first post and understand the rules, and I'd like to join if possible. I found snail by googling gt7 leagues, and this forum was the first result. I'm not a great driver, but I haveput about 450 hrs in and this league seems to be a good place to have some fun.

@Baby On Board

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
Original Post
Drivers List
SNAIL OLR Policies and Guidelines
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

@JamCar0ne
Donkey Kong dude. If I can... 45.4MoT and more restarts than I care to admit.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240222195920.png

Here's a vid of the replay. If it sucks, the replay is shared to my friends list.

Any of you guys have a replay saved of your fastest lap with the m3? I’m struggling to keep up my pace during the last chicane. I could use some study material

Any of you guys have a replay saved of your fastest lap with the m3? I’m struggling to keep up my pace during the last chicane. I could use some study material
Replays can only be recorded in a race. And, even if I could, you don't want to watch my replays. 😁 Middivision lap time (MDLT) is a rough estimate and I feel good if I can approach it. My best so far is a 1:30. @Dragonwhisky is fast and if 1:27 is his time, I'm good at +3 seconds. If it's a true MDLT I have work to do, surprise, surprise, surprise.

Replays can only be recorded in a race. And, even if I could, you don't want to watch my replays. 😁 Middivision lap time (MDLT) is a rough estimate and I feel good if I can approach it. My best so far is a 1:30. @Dragonwhisky is fast and if 1:27 is his time, I'm good at +3 seconds. If it's a true MDLT I have work to do, surprise, surprise, surprise.
I’m sitting around 1:30 as well. Looks like we have to get to work

Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, February 25th, 2024 Lineup
February 2024 Season League Night #3

1. BMW M3 '89 on SH Tires @ Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National Layout - S16 Sunset - (11 Laps)​
2. Honda S2000 '99 on SM Tires @ Nurburgring Grand Prix Track - S01 Afternoon - (6 Laps)​
3. Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette '84 on RM Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - S11 Sunset - (8 Laps)​
February 25th Combos.png

Don't know if this will help anyone.
Doing this from memory. Ain't as old as Cano but not far behind so...

Turns 1-3 in third gear, T4 in 4th, T5 2nd, T6, 7 & 8 in third, drop to second for entry rotation to the chicken and exit in third.

@JamCar0ne
Donkey Kong dude. If I can... 45.4MoT and more restarts than I care to admit.

View attachment 1330590
Managed to get with 2 tenths of your time. Went back and redid the individual sectors as a refresher and practice on the monster jumps. Toughest section for me (aside from the killer jumps) is the uphill right hand hair pin that gets tighter on exit. It is right after the long back straight. Can see the clock just ticking away as the car slowly, slowly rotates.

PS; What the does MoT mean??

Don't know if this will help anyone.
Doing this from memory. Ain't as old as Cano but not far behind so...

Turns 1-3 in third gear, T4 in 4th, T5 2nd, T6, 7 & 8 in third, drop to second for entry rotation to the chicken and exit in third.
Did I read in the G Pro thread you now are the proud owner of the G Pro wheel and pedal set?

I could have sworn that I have saved time trial replays before.

Managed to get with 2 tenths of your time. Went back and redid the individual sectors as a refresher and practice on the monster jumps. Toughest section for me (aside from the killer jumps) is the uphill right hand hair pin that gets tighter on exit. It is right after the long back straight. Can see the clock just ticking away as the car slowly, slowly rotates.

PS; What the does MoT mean??
Miles of Tries.
Did I read in the G Pro thread you now are the proud owner of the G Pro wheel and pedal set?
I wish. All my posts in that thread were a lame attempt at begging @LOGI_Rich to send me one. Didn't work, as I'm still rocking the G29 I bought with my PS5 in Nov. '22. Still drooling/obsessing about one though. Don't know as I'll ever have the resources freed up to justify that expense.

Miles of Tries.

I wish. All my posts in that thread were a lame attempt at begging @LOGI_Rich to send me one. Didn't work, as I'm still rocking the G29 I bought with my PS5 in Nov. '22. Still drooling/obsessing about one though. Don't know as I'll ever have the resources freed up to justify that expense.
I would at least like to upgrade to the pedals though. Load cell, accelerator linearity can be adjusted in the G Pro software. That would be a huge step up from my G27 pedals.

This was THE car to have when I was a senior in high school.
My buddy’s parents bought him a Saab 900 turbo and he didn’t like it.

What is ironic is that I worked in the factory building his family owned when I was a freshman stuffing envelopes for BMW mailers.
I got a lot of posters.
My favorite was a glossy still from this ad campaign:

As you all know, we'll be starting April season tomorrow night. Now that the stewards have completed the reviews from last week, I'd like to officially conclude the March season. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, please allow me to congratulate the division champions:

Division 1
@fizzer / fizzer82

Division 2

@ptslopoke / PTslopoke

Division 3
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 4

@Daniel Pinho / dpinho1975

Division 5
@hooker4 / hooker4

Division 6
@TEX36 / TEX-36

Division 7
@rob1nh000d / rob1nh000d

Division 8
@deaconblues82 / deacon-blues082

West Coast
@GranStand Bill / GranStand_Bill

Congratulations to all nine of you! :cheers:
For some reason I was thumbing through the past (crazy I know) and look what I found. Yes, there was a time when Snail lobbys were full. Can it ever be again?

Just so that nobody feels bad about their driving hardware...

The same rig I have been using since 2007, as seen back in 2021.
1221211200_HDR.jpg

Only changes since the photo was taken are the replacement of the PS4 with the PS5, the PSVR2 hanging about, and a spare torque converter full of fluid in a box weighing down the front of the pedals. Don't have a more recent one on my phone and I'm still at my desk at work.

Will open a room this evening to wrap up collecting some data, somewhere around 8PM seems to be the trajectory at this time. Anyone who is free is welcome to join. I'm not looking for lap times, and we're not racing, just running some laps to collect the vehicle data. So don't be intimidated, everyone is welcome!

I will post in here somewhere around 8PM EST when I get the room up. (About 2 hours from now)

I'm still chuckling over that setup @Marcus Garvey

Here's what I've been running with since somewhere in the middle of GT6. Use to be a DFGT, then a G27 on that Wheelstand, which has been modified with a lift kit, wide bodied and ballasted by @OwensRacing back in the GT5 days. There's a post somewhere in this thread with a pictorial of those mods, but all the pictures have been broke, last I looked.

CurrentGT7Rig-20240223.png

CurrentGT7Rig-2-20240223.png

I'll plan on coming to be one your data collection points tonight. What cars I gotta have?

Tentatively looking at 458 GT3/GR3, 1999 S2000, and Mazda Roadster Touring Car. May not use all of them.
Tired Oh No GIF by Marvel Studios

Makin' me spend all that hard earned CE monies you meanie! Got the S2000, since SNAIL has been runnin' that for a couplethree weeks now and the Roadster was used at some point in the last year or so, since I've got that one all slobbered with my dull and boring paint scheme. Jeez. Makin' me buy a GR3 PoF. Fine. Just Fine. Still gonna slobber some D&B on it. Get rid of that gross red. Might leave the wheels on it, though I will paint those too.

@Dragonwhisky ...if 1:27 is his time, ...
This was on an offline TT and I don't recall which time of day I picked, think it was sunset, and folks are usually faster in offline TTs than in an online lobby. But, just so you know, there's no "if" about it. Probably won't turn a lap that low in the 27s on race night, if I get into the 27s.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240223192941.png

For some reason I was thumbing through the past (crazy I know) and look what I found. Yes, there was a time when Snail lobbys were full. Can it ever be again?
I was there back where there were 5 divisions, 8 must have been a lot to manage.

Problem is GT7 had a bad start and turned off many people with the unstable lobbies. Nowadays, there are the dailies and the GTW so we probably lost people there unfortunately. Still, the league survives and it still running. The constant improvements made in the last few months will bring people in eventually.

Lobby is open, titled Snail Data. Can be found at Big Willow to start, but will be moving elsewhere in a bit.

Edit: Lobby closed. Thank you to everyone who came by this week. The data was useful, and we had a fun time!

:cheers:

Last edited:
I had a 15 lap practice with the M3 tonight in my own “offline” lobby.
Managed a high 1:27. But most my laps are low 1:28’s.

I’m questionable for Sunday night as I’ve got a terrible work week coming up. I’ll know more Sunday morning.

But my cars are ready to go anyhow…
IMG_4714.jpeg

Also, here’s hoping we get a decent size Div 1 lobby this Sunday.

Last edited:
... just makes me feel I should be faster, way faster.
This expected reaction was exactly why I almost laughed myself outta' my chair when he told me about his setup the other night while we were "collecting data" and I mentioned he oughta' post a pic. His rig is empirical evidence that immersion and gear will not make you magically faster. What it does do is encourage a person to spend the time.

I'm still chuckling over that setup @Marcus Garvey

Here's what I've been running with since somewhere in the middle of GT6. Use to be a DFGT, then a G27 on that Wheelstand, which has been modified with a lift kit, wide bodied and ballasted by @OwensRacing back in the GT5 days. There's a post somewhere in this thread with a pictorial of those mods, but all the pictures have been broke, last I looked.

View attachment 1330835
I like the 8.2s. I run a set of Snell XA75ps on my main system.

Back