◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
I know im being a bit of a hypocrite for saying this (just because I chose a R8), but I would love to race a fiat 500 around a small track

Update 2.09 102mb
Servers are down...

Just looked it up on GTplanet forums, found this:
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

- The view during 3D display has been improved.

- The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.

- Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating

- The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G '02, Toyota Prius G '09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection '03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

THIS...is the most interesting part of this update. (apologies for the double post)

Edit: However, I'll bet that the new fuel consumption / tire wear options will get the most debate here. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
I like that one, but this interested me:
- Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.

AI cars are my "enemy?" I took them as more of a rival. Brothers in sport.

Next time I'm bringing a gun.

I'm sure we'll leave fuel consumption/tire wear on normal.

I like that one, but this interested me:

AI cars are my "enemy?" I took them as more of a rival. Brothers in sport.

Next time I'm bringing a gun.

It all makes sense now! They've been conditioning us to see the AI cars as the enemy from day one! That's why they create seasonals that practically beg for you to run the AI cars off the road for millions of credits. ;)

I'm sure we'll leave fuel consumption/tire wear on normal.

If, of course, everyone agrees that normal equates to the previous setting. I hope you're right even if not, to be honest.

Make that damn clutch respond like a clutch! I don't put the clutch down to the floor in my car, just enough to disengage it.

Edit: the clutch in simracing is as perfect of a video game clutch can get I think, they need to broaden their horizons

It all makes sense now! They've been conditioning us to see the AI cars as the enemy from day one! That's why they create seasonals that practically beg for you to run the AI cars off the road for millions of credits. ;)

It also explains why it's so hard to teach some people not to run other drivers off of the road on Sunday night!

If, of course, everyone agrees that normal equates to the previous setting.

Aye. There's the rub.

Make that damn clutch respond like a clutch! I don't put the clutch down to the floor in my car, just enough to disengage it.

I would be one happy camper if they would make the clutch work like a real one! Ridiculous you can't fan the clutch or slip it into gear. It's either clutch on or off. Pisses me off sometimes :grumpy:

I would be one happy camper if they would make the clutch work like a real one! Ridiculous you can't fan the clutch or slip it into gear. It's either clutch on or off. Pisses me off sometimes :grumpy:

not anymore, there's a friction zone now, and its actually pretty good.

No zone for full engagement to disengagement, but when you let off the clutch, its nice :)

And you can stall the cars in the game too :P

If they made it work like a real one then they'd have to make it possible to stall on the grid :lol:

VELOCI_2NR
not anymore, there's a friction zone now, and its actually pretty good.

No zone for full engagement to disengagement, but when you let off the clutch, its nice :)

And you can stall the cars in the game too :P

I didn't really notice a difference after the last update for the clutch. And haven't you been able to stall them for awhile now? Lol.

If they made it work like a real one then they'd have to make it possible to stall on the grid :lol:

you can stall on grid, stop your car, put it in 1st, let out of the clutch, and don't give it any gas. It isn't a dramatic stall, but when you try to give it gas it doesn't move 🤬

zeromisfit999
you can stall on grid, stop your car, put it in 1st, let out of the clutch, and don't give it any gas. It isn't a dramatic stall, but when you try to give it gas it doesn't move 🤬

Yep and clutch has also been able to be slipped since release, G27 and T500 too. Update prior to 2.09 allowed more range in the slip. Excited to see what improvements they have made to it.

Anyone ever stall it and have the car not restart. Tinker around stalling car and it should happen. LoL

Handlebar
Non FR or MR cars are rare.

Do not ask me why, I am not in the picker group.

I suggest that we prescreen new entrants and make sure they like low pp cars;)

But seriously the one time I got to choose I picked a 420pp ff. It lasted two weeks:(

I like the variety and I feel the focus is becoming a bit to much about high power cars. But the reality is I love racing with you guys so will race what I can and hope that one week I can make a choice for low pp cars.

Non FR or MR cars are rare.

Do not ask me why, I am not in the picker group.

It seems that cars are chosen more on what the chooser thinks is cool, instead of what will produce close racing. I don't understand the track choices either; outside of Autumn Ring, I can't remember having any fun races at one of the imaginary courses. That being said, the winners are free to choose whatever car/track combo they wish. They should expect, and totally deserve, to be questioned/ridiculed/chastised for craptacular choices (R8 @ Trial Mountain).

I will race either way. I cheer choices I like, razz a few, and come to like some I did not expect to like.

I think the freedom to choose your thing is great. I hope that the winner chooses good racing combos, but it is not mandated.

I will race either way. I cheer choices I like, razz a few, and come to like some I did not expect to like.

I think the freedom to choose your thing is great. I hope that the winner chooses good racing combos, but it is not mandated.

That's the thing, I may not race on Sunday if the combos are not fun. There's plenty of other good, close racing during the week. Why would I come spend 2+ hours being frustrated?

Latest Posts

Back