◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
Scores for 3/17 copied to data.

March 17th Standings.png

K: If a driver wants to retire from a race, the driver concerned must not exit the race. The driver must find a position on the track where the driver will not endanger other drivers, park their car by coming to a complete stop and turning on the emergency brake and wait for the race to end.

This is a rule in the OLR. Can it be modified to let someone sit in the pits ?

Last edited:
I was wondering why snail doesn't use track limit penalties?
seems like redbull ring was exploited on some corners last night. Normally that would net shortcut penalties but also i dont want to report someone for that either . I think it would be better with it applied by the game?

Last edited:
We self police off track penalties. If you see someone go off track boundaries report it under the stewardship. I had a few instances of going slightly wide onto the green going into turn three. I was going to self report but if you want to report them go ahead. They are usually 1 point each.

We self police off track penalties. If you see someone go off track boundaries report it under the stewardship. I had a few instances of going slightly wide onto the green going into turn three. I was going to self report but if you want to report them go ahead. They are usually 1 point each.
No i wasn't talking about that or you , more so turn one and the second to last turn (the Austrian Flag). I understand we have slightly different rule sets than other racing leagues. It was just a question not calling anyone out just an observation. Thank you

@Chiochansan Glad to see other people having a go at photos, they look good ! If you want to reduce the overly intense glare, in effects - special effect - the last option, glare. Put it at -100 and it will reduce the glare at a point that is reasonable and doesn't blind you. @CANOWORMS1 you may find that useful as well. Took me a couple of months to discover that option.

Here are mine from last night.
2024-03-17 Race 1.jpg

2024-03-17 Race 2.jpg

2024-03-17 Race 2 (2).jpg

@A_Higher_Place holding on for first place behind myself and @Nicktune You held your position fair and square for a couple of laps, it was a whole lot of fun. Your pace has improved a lot since you joined the league and your times in the weekly time trials are now my target which I have to work quite a bit to beat so there's that !
2024-03-17 Race 3.jpg

2024-03-17 Race 4.jpg

2024-03-17 Race 4 (2).jpg

2024-03-17 Race 5.jpg

2024-03-17 Race 6.jpg

Attachments

• 2024-03-17 Race 4 (2).jpg
    2024-03-17 Race 4 (2).jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 2
@Worst_Driver great photos and thanks for the kind words! Now if only my consistency would improve. I had zero energy (and therefore) pace left for the Mclaren last night.

Its interesting watching some D1 members excel with certain combos over others and last night felt smooth for me until the last combo. You and Nick are still a leg up, even if you only drive with one foot.

The second race with the BMWs was great fun too. Ample opportunities to attack and defend throughout.

Last edited:
@Chiochansan Glad to see other people having a go at photos, they look good ! If you want to reduce the overly intense glare, in effects - special effect - the last option, glare. Put it at -100 and it will reduce the glare at a point that is reasonable and doesn't blind you. @CANOWORMS1 you may find that useful as well. Took me a couple of months to discover that option.

Here are mine from last night.
View attachment 1338277
View attachment 1338278
View attachment 1338279
@A_Higher_Place holding on for first place behind myself and @Nicktune You held your position fair and square for a couple of laps, it was a whole lot of fun. Your pace has improved a lot since you joined the league and your times in the weekly time trials are now my target which I have to work quite a bit to beat so there's that !
View attachment 1338281
View attachment 1338283
View attachment 1338285
View attachment 1338287
View attachment 1338289I usually turn glare down to 0. Don't like going to far below that cause I think It makes it look a little flat.
I usually don't go below 0 because it feels flat to me, I like a little glare for the realism.

Last edited:
Last night was so awesome having 11 racers in D2! I was really sick so my racing was pitiful but it was worth sticking it out with you all. Can’t wait to see what the new combos will be! I love that z8
Thank you for hosting and doing a great job while being sick. Thank you!

edit-Add some capicola to the salami sub. Mayo, oil and red wine vinegar.

Last edited:
K: If a driver wants to retire from a race, the driver concerned must not exit the race. The driver must find a position on the track where the driver will not endanger other drivers, park their car by coming to a complete stop and turning on the emergency brake and wait for the race to end.

Any thoughts?

Wasn't there a time with pit parking was allowed, but was later changed because the game would force you to exit the pit? How do you get the car to stay in the pit now?

Wasn't there a time with pit parking was allowed, but was later changed because the game would force you to exit the pit? How do you get the car to stay in the pit now?
Think you just have to hit the PS button and hit the quit button but not actually quit the race and it'll put you in the pit. Might need some testing with that though. Think @DublDee did it one race last night. Have to watch the replay again.

Well, watched the replay again, he spun coming out of last turn at Dragon and crashed into the pit entrance and there he sat for about 4 more laps. Don't know how he did it actually. Maybe he was posing for the photographers?

Last edited:
just don't hit any buttons and you stay.
Sorry I interpreted on the track to mean not in the pits for some reason.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 17, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize B
  4. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. nope_not_here ----- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize A
  3. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize C
  4. TokenTimmy -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Tex_Hill ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. CrashinChris ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Stinkysalamisub --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Flyingdisc315 ----- did not submit a vote
  11. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - McLaren 650S Gr.4 (RH) at Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse - S03 Late Morning (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @CANOWORMS1 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - BMW Z8 '01 (SM) at Dragontrail International Raceway Gardens Reverse - S03 Afternoon (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Gurney67 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

View media item 2540
Race Date: 4 April 2015
Currently tracking 9 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.

The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.

:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

Back