◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
I just spent 5 million on some of the Super GT cars in the OCD, and I had a few more already. I'd possibly enjoy a series with them, depending on when it is, and whether it's a continuous series where points carry over. If it wasn't I wouldn't really be able to participate until next year.

EDIT: I'm in the D1 lounge attempting to learn Rome Reverse, if anyone wants to join me.

Last edited:
I'll put a vote in for GT500/300 series, always enjoyed those cars.

But is there much of a difference between the GT500 cars? Would a no-tune GT500 series see too many people fighting over the 'good' car? I would love it if GT would allow weight penalties between races without having to lift the no tuning setting.

You can always lower in PP and HP in the Engine setting without lifting "NO TUNING". So we limit the PP in the GT500 series so that "good car" wouldn't have an advantage.

I wouldn't mind a rally-style deal....but only if it was like the real WRC and you were just racing the clock (albeit we'd have laps, say 5 flying laps and you take your best one). But in order for that to go through, a room/lounge would have to be open all day and we'd need people to verify the laps so they were legit (say no one can record times unless 2 other people were watching or something).

Then, after however many weeks (from what I can tell, there are 7 dirt/snow tracks), we tally up your best times from each track and get an overall result list.

If you were talking dirt/custom tracks, then I'd be interested, big time. Sure, I may not do better than last, but I'm getting bored with the same tracks.

I'd suggest either having set times (8-9 something or other), 2-3 nights per week to set times. Have them run a 5 lap race in the designated lounge, then save the replay, as needed, for the best lap time.

To be crazy, at least from Kaz's point of view, it could be like a point-to-point rally, from "the first time check to the third time check" kind of system.

(gulp...) what are GT500 cars? I don't know what I think of those, yet... :dunce:

EDIT: I'm in the D1 lounge attempting to learn Rome Reverse, if anyone wants to join me.

I had just left the lounge, Dylansan, sorry, and just regained the use of my heart. :crazy:

I was revisiting my BB with my son, showing him the cars and what the settings .... SCREECH.... SPIN>>>> WIPEOUT.... what the... SCREECH.... WIPEOUT!!!!

I swapped over to the Honda, explained how I musta messed up the Z something fierce, this would be... SCREECH... SPIN... SPIN MORE???... WIPEOUT...

I'm thinking... What the heck balance did I think was a good idea? :ouch:

20 minutes of sweating, wondering how this was going to work out, checking settings of the room... and he notices 💡 "Dad, you have ABS off on your car." (Thank goodness he sounded helpful and not snarky - it improved his survival odds...)

:banghead:.... uh.... allowed in room, not used in my vehicle = 🤬

💡 Maybe that's because I was doing the snow rally earlier? Whew! I was thinking I was crazy.

Last edited:
I had my abs mysteriously turn off not too long. And three times last week gt5 started me in sixth gear on the grid.

Strange.

I'd be up for an gt500 series either on Sunday afternoon or any night m-f except Tues because I'm running S.T.A.T.S. II. I'd like it to be a spec series though. I'm here to improve my driving not my ability to tune. I'd also be up for any other touring car championships.

I'd be up for an gt500 series either on Sunday afternoon or any night m-f except Tues because I'm running S.T.A.T.S. II. I'd like it to be a spec series though. I'm here to improve my driving not my ability to tune. I'd also be up for any other touring car championships.

👍👍👍

I had my abs mysteriously turn off not too long. And three times last week gt5 started me in sixth gear on the grid.

Strange.

Heh, I wondered what happened there. In the start of one of the races last week (can't remember which) the car in front of me suddenly swerved to the side, and before I could finish wondering why, I saw you right in front of me, and couldn't avoid hitting you. I felt kinda bad about that.

Once a few weeks back, my car started in 3rd on the grid. I later realized that the H-pattern shifter on my G27 had been bumped into 3rd, and because I don't use it on Sundays, I didn't notice. I wonder if that's what happened to you.

DrKronin
Heh, I wondered what happened there. In the start of one of the races last week (can't remember which) the car in front of me suddenly swerved to the side, and before I could finish wondering why, I saw you right in front of me, and couldn't avoid hitting you. I felt kinda bad about that.

Once a few weeks back, my car started in 3rd on the grid. I later realized that the H-pattern shifter on my G27 had been bumped into 3rd, and because I don't use it on Sundays, I didn't notice. I wonder if that's what happened to you.

And I felt bad because you got me up to speed so fast and lost all yours :(

I'll check it and see. Hadn't thought about that.

does anyone else change the oil before the race tonight, even if it doesn't need it. I just need to know I'm not alone in this neurotic behavior.

Chiochan
does anyone else change the oil before the race tonight, even if it doesn't need it. I just need to know I'm not alone in this neurotic behavior.

I do. And for points racing series - full engine/chassis rebuild.

Lol I always change the oil even if it doesn't need to be changed,
I also change my oil/spark plugs on my weekend drag car for every race :)

I just lost my electricity. Being that I heard the tires squeal and a crash and then my power went out. It could be a while before it comes back on. I will be calling PG&E every few minutes until they give an estimate of restoral and update back here.

Here's a picture of my weekend drag car should run in low 10s after I get roll cage to pass nhra tech inspection

meatthetrackwithslicks.jpg

What you can do to help minimize connection and lag issues

1) Reboot your isp's modem/router prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
2) Reboot your PS3 prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
3) Clear your GT5 in game System Cache prior to joining your SNAIL_Division lounge.

Step 1 is not usually necessary. I've found when my modem is on for long periods and not rebooted, I get connection issues in almost every game I play online. If you've experienced connection issues in the past, it's not going to hurt.

:ouch:

Bad timing for sure.

Who'll host tonight if you don't make it?

I could hop into the SNAIL_Division1 lounge and be the punching bag :)

As long as dabneyd can take care of score keeping and saving the replays in D2.

EDIT: Best to wait on bowlers go/ no go word though.

I could hop into the SNAIL_Division1 lounge and be the punching bag :)

As long as dabneyd can take care of score keeping and saving the replays in D2.

EDIT: Best to wait on bowlers go/ no go word though.

OwensRacing has graciously offered to host D1 using his Grade "A" connection, but we do still need someone to direct and keep score etc. I agree that we should wait for an update from Bowler, but never hurts to have know what the backup plan is. 👍

Regardless, D1 drivers please try to make sure OwensRacing is the first one into the D1 lounge tonight. He told me he'd try to be in there half an hour early.

OwensRacing has graciously offered to host D1 using his Grade "A" connection, but we do still need someone to direct and keep score etc. I agree that we should wait for an update from Bowler, but never hurts to have know what the backup plan is. 👍

Okay, cool. I'll wait on his word and if the electric folks can't come through. I'll direct D1.

Dabney, can you direct D2 in tht case please?

PG&E has not given an official update yet but I can see what happened from just down the street. Someone took out a power pole which pulled the line off of what looks like about four other poles. The last of the poles that has the line down is about two houses from mine. Being that this line of poles are all in the backyards of peoples houses, it's going to take a while to get it back up and running.

I will not be racing tonight.

PG&E has not given an official update yet but I can see what happened from just down the street. Someone took out a power pole which pulled the line off of what looks like about four other poles. The last of the poles that has the line down is about two houses from mine. Being that this line of poles are all in the backyards of peoples houses, it's going to take a while to get it back up and running.

I will not be racing tonight.

:(

I'll be directing D1 then :nervous:

Got an Invite from someone racing at Nurb 505; so after reading this league; I am requesting to join.

Happy Racing!

Cool, we're a little close to the start of the races to get you in tonight. We need a time trial from you to get you in the right division.

After the races tonight I'll post our welcome post, it'll have all the info to get you started 👍

Back