◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,798 comments
Prize C Selection

After Running some laps with multiple cars, trying to figure out what car would work best for this track as we have ran it for a few weeks now and its pretty much a really simple track, not too much to it as we all know. I had some suggestions from some other guys which I very much appreciated and continued my testing this afternoon. So with that saying..

There appears to be a Toyota Hauler entering the Pits at High Speed Ring Reverse and there appears to be many Toyotas in the Hauler. :sly:

Lets just say, Hammer Down, and Hold that Steering Wheel :sly:

Buckle up SNAILS, Because your going for a Ride at the High Speed Ring! They are saying Mid divisional Lap times are averaging around 54 seconds a lap, and who knows how fast the Top divisional Drivers are going ;)

Here's What you all will be driving this Sunday at High Speed Ring Reverse! Enjoy and Remember, Live on the Edge on the track :embarrassed:

prize C selection.jpg

Before Oil Change
PP: 694
HP: 788

After Oil Change
PP: 700
HP: 951
Racing Medium Tires

$1,920,000

Last edited:
Prize C Selection

After Running some laps with multiple cars, trying to figure out what car would work best for this track as we have ran it for a few weeks now and its pretty much a really simple track, not too much to it as we all know. I had some suggestions from some other guys which I very much appreciated and continued my testing this afternoon. So with that saying..

There appears to be a Toyota Hauler entering the Pits at High Speed Ring Reverse and there appears to be many Toyotas in the Hauler. :sly:

Buckle up SNAILS, Because your going for a Ride at the High Speed Ring! They are saying Mid divisional Lap times are averaging around 54 seconds a lap, and who knows how fast the Top divisional Drivers are going ;)

Here's What you all will be driving this Sunday at High Speed Ring Reverse! Enjoy and Remember, Live on the Edge on the track :embarrassed:

View attachment 590794

HP:

Love LMP's :)

Prize C Selection

View attachment 590794

HP:
Racing Medium Tires

EXCELLENT on many levels! Oh, what a feeling - Toyota!

It was an unfortunate and accidental collective oversight that the replays weren't uploaded. Oscar normally does the duty but he didn't race on Sunday. You won the night fair and square Mike and you have the respect of us all who participated for doing so and that is the important thing. :cheers:
True...

Thank you for putting things into perspective.

& @MajorBlixem I never said you personally stole prize A, you got it by default.

Combo Button.png

Combo page updated for October 2, 2016.

At Cr 3,524,440 it must be the most "expensive" night.
At a combined PP of 1869 and HP of 2195 it must be one of the highest total performance nights
At a total of 68 laps (including Qually laps) it must be one of the highest number of total laps nights
At a total race distance of 143 miles (230 km) and and average speed of 126 mph (202km/h) including all combos it must be one of the longest and fastest race nights.

Does the lack of a few replays really require that a driver be ineligible for prizes?

Why is it really necessary? & why is there no warning in the thread when stuff is missing?

If there's still time I'll upload what I have, but I could have done it this morning if I knew there was an issue

This is now the second time this sort of thing has happened to me & it really really blows.

:indiff:
I understand your frustration, but this rule has been the only thing we've found to be enough of an incentive to have each division consistently post their replays without excessive hand-holding or babysitting. As you know, there are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes in this league, and one missing piece of the puzzle can create issues for many processes. Missing replays specifically affect steward reviews and give them less time to review them.

I'd happily take a snail T-shirt or decal sticker or something as consolation.

After having 2 prize A's stolen away from me, throw me a bone.
How 'bout I put up a SNAIL T-shirt AND a decal sticker up for auction in your honor? Let's do the T-shirt first since that's the one you mentioned first:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-marketplace.332741/page-17#post-11556726

I'll post an auction for the decal sticker after the auction for the shirt is complete. 👍

WtWtnI8.png

JwldiQg.jpg

Last edited:
I understand your frustration, but this rule has been the only thing we've found to be enough of an incentive to have each division consistently post their replays without excessive hand-holding or babysitting. As you know, there are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes in this league, and one missing piece of the puzzle can create issues for many processes. Missing replays specifically affect steward reviews and give them less time to review them.

How 'bout I put up a SNAIL T-shirt AND a decal sticker up for auction in your honor? Let's do the T-shirt first since that's the one you mentioned first:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-marketplace.332741/page-17#post-11556726

I'll post an auction for the decal sticker after the auction for the shirt is complete. 👍

WtWtnI8.png

JwldiQg.jpg

I'm my honor lol.

Let's do it! Thanks for hearing me out Zer05

Well I think it's time to drag out the old PS3/G27 and give these cars a run around just like old times. The Lister Storm on Autumn Ring Short was the very first car/track I drove in the GT series back in GT4 when you could go into arcade mode and increase the power to astronomical levels and run around on the stickiest tires and have the car weigh next to nothing. Good times were had

Well I think it's time to drag out the old PS3/G27 and give these cars a run around just like old times. The Lister Storm on Autumn Ring Short was the very first car/track I drove in the GT series back in GT4 when you could go into arcade mode and increase the power to astronomical levels and run around on the stickiest tires and have the car weigh next to nothing. Good times were had
Lurking on this thread has been motivating a bit too get my wheel set back up. I may need to get a wheelstand...

I thought this was an interesting (albeit superficial) article on a real life race car driver using simulation to learn a new track. Obviously, you need a very good model to be "translateable" to real life, but for what these guys are probably charging, I'd say the model is good.

Also made me remember a buddy's visit to the Nordschleife, where before the group went to track, they asked who had driven the track on a game simulation. He put his hand up with a couple of others and they were taken aside and told that the track they thought they knew was not what they were about to drive, so go slow...

That's good that they know people are "driving" the Nordschleife in games and they need to immediately dispel any misconceptions for the sake of safety. I like that they get treated differently than those that haven't seen it in any form.

I thought this was an interesting (albeit superficial) article on a real life race car driver using simulation to learn a new track. Obviously, you need a very good model to be "translateable" to real life, but for what these guys are probably charging, I'd say the model is good.

Also made me remember a buddy's visit to the Nordschleife, where before the group went to track, they asked who had driven the track on a game simulation. He put his hand up with a couple of others and they were taken aside and told that the track they thought they knew was not what they were about to drive, so go slow...

That's a nice article. Thanks for sharing. I can give 2 examples from my own racing. I have raced on two tracks that I was able to practice on a simulator ahead of time.

The first was Daytona Road Course on GT6. Of course, we have used this track often and I knew it very well, but I approached it differently prior to the ChumpCar race in April. I found a car that was similarly powered, a RX-7, tuned to similar expectations. I wanted to take the time to make sure I knew pit in and pit out. Since Daytona was repaved since GT6 did their work there, I knew it would be different in some ways. However, I felt it was very beneficial to get the time on the track.

The second was at Circuit of the Americas. I was able to use my uncles iRacing to practice this. I put in about 90 minutes of practice and it was incredibly beneficial. Watching videos online is good for knowing layout, but it's not the same as driving on a simulator or in real life. This was particularly true of turns 3-10, the switch back esses section. When I used iRacing, I found it to be completely different than what I anticipated via watching videos on YouTube. This allowed me to have a great deal of confidence going into the race and I was immediately able to focus on my plan and be close to my best. My first full lap at COTA was 3:01 and my best lap after 3 hours and 20 minutes of racing was 2:54. I'd say that's pretty darn good right out of the gate.

I found Daytona road course to be well done and quite representative of the real thing on GT6, as far as the general layout and corner details go. I think they did a good job coming out of the infield onto the banking. The sim's are a great way to familiarize yourself with a track layout but you would still have to approach it as if it was your first time seeing it. Nothing can compare to the real experience, especially the banks of Daytona. I raced motorcycles there in the 80's and nothing prepared me for the G forces on the banking. Would love to take four wheels around there someday!

Yeah, I believe the biggest difference is always the G forces, be it on 2 or 4 wheels. You can't simulate the G force when you're hitting the brakes unless you have one of those insane 10k rigs that the pro teams have.

But in the Nordschleife specifically, in addition to the G forces, no game really simulates the changes in altitude and the drop offs, which become a Code Brown in your first go around.

As far as banking goes, @aerolite, my favourite right now is the 66 Monza course in Assetto. That really drives home how insane it was for them to drive those 60's F1 cars there...

As far as banking goes, @aerolite, my favourite right now is the 66 Monza course in Assetto. That really drives home how insane it was for them to drive those 60's F1 cars there...

Ya, I've been driving Jim Clark's Lotus around there, it's crazy!
The g forces on the Daytona banks are cool, suspension compressed and body pinned down on the tank! Not as crazy as 6.5 G's pulling out of a maneuver in a Pitts Special, but still very fun.

The g forces on the Daytona banks are cool, suspension compressed and body pinned down on the tank! Not as crazy as 6.5 G's pulling out of a maneuver in a Pitts Special, but still very fun.
Hahaha I've been doing the same thing, I know you'd have tried it too! It's insane how badly that could (and did) turn out in real life...

Roger the G forces. One of the coolest things I experienced at Daytona was you had to turn right to maintain your line on the banking. Probably because I was only going 130.

Also, my oldest brother used to fly a Pitts Special. He did aerobatic shows all over the northeast in the 80's and 90's.

Roger the G forces. One of the coolest things I experienced at Daytona was you had to turn right to maintain your line on the banking. Probably because I was only going 130.

Also, my oldest brother used to fly a Pitts Special. He did aerobatic shows all over the northeast in the 80's and 90's.
My fastest on the banking was 143mph (quickest gear ratio set I had) on my 250 GP bike, would have to maintain constant left lean to stop from drifting up!
I hope your bro took you up, unless it was an S1, then it might have been difficult!

My fastest on the banking was 143mph (quickest gear ratio set I had) on my 250 GP bike, would have to maintain constant left lean to stop from drifting up!
I hope your bro took you up, unless it was an S1, then it might have been difficult!

Assuming a S1 is a single seater, then yes it was. I rode with him some in his Piper Cub, but I always fell asleep when we flew over my house, haha. I was like 10 at the time.

My TZ 250 would hit that on a good day ,but yes Daytona bike week was the hi- lite always a good time .I rode for metropolitan Yahama and was there 78 and 79 in the GP 250 class . Score 9 my first year and 6 the second wore the old yellow and black .

My TZ 250 would hit that on a good day ,but yes Daytona bike week was the hi- lite always a good time .I rode for metropolitan Yahama and was there 78 and 79 in the GP 250 class . Score 9 my first year and 6 the second wore the old yellow and black .
I raced during the week in CCS events. Are those results from the main Daytona 250 GP race? If they are, my hat is off to you Pub, there was some very fast guy's racing then!

Latest Posts

Back