◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Anybody make a results spreadsheet for D2?

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to fill in the spreadsheet with the D2 results. I've got a lot on my plate lately, but will try to get to that soon. Right now, the priority is finalizing the steward network that we'll have in place by Sunday night. Stay tuned for details.

zer05ive
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to fill in the spreadsheet with the D2 results. I've got a lot on my plate lately, but will try to get to that soon. Right now, the priority is finalizing the steward network that we'll have in place by Sunday night. Stay tuned for details.

I could help out with the spreadsheet if needed.

Guess I should come up with something.

Body: Carbon Grey
Rims: Gran Turismo bleu
Number: 25

I was all ready to add this until I thought that #25 looked familiar....I figured iceburg took it based on the GTP name but no. So I checked more and found it was Hogster about 3 pages back and I missed putting it on the spreadsheet :scared:

Colour choices have been added though 👍

zer05ive
That would be very helpful indeed. Can you confirm that you saved all six replays?

You know, that would make it a lot easier. Haha no I did not. I always forget until the next race has started.

This thread is huge. Is there any way the googledocs link with paint/number info can be put in the first post? Also, are the spreadsheets for each week and division in a central location? I know the official results are linked to a post in the first post of the thread but maybe, if the spreadsheets are available, they could be included with that link for the official results that comes later in the thread. I apologize if this has been addressed or taken care of.

One other thing in regards to Exo's suggestion of sharing demo files. What about Dropbox? It could be setup similar to the SNAIL lounges, though would probably only need one account with 3GB of space, where people submit an email address not linked to Dropbox already to zero or whoever runs it, and then send a request from the created SNAIL account to join Dropbox. Each person that joins and installs their application increases the size of the SNAIL Dropbox by I think 500MB.

Then create a shared folder that allows invitees to upload submissions in a central location, named based on driver/division, and then create another public folder for everyone to read from or view screenshots as a gallery.

I was actually going to bring up Dropbox as well. at least for the steward network. however, I think it would be nice just to have so everyone could DL some replays just to watch. Leave them up for two weeks then clear out the folder on the third to make room for the next Sunday session replays.

Thanks for the advice, esh. I think a lot of what you've put forth is in the works behind the scenes as we speak. This thread has gotten huge, and a lot of us here are proud of that!

I believe zer0 is currently streamlining the steward network and working on getting the full results up for Div2. After that I'll bet he'll be looking at ways to make these 192 pages a bit more user friendly, and Dropbox has been mentioned as one way to do that. (and has even been used once by a few of us this week)

Stay tuned. ;)

193 on a comp this is a huge thread. 3843 posts, oh, 3844 counting this one. This is a very active page. You will get lost if you miss a day.

I was all ready to add this until I thought that #25 looked familiar....I figured iceburg took it based on the GTP name but no. So I checked more and found it was Hogster about 3 pages back and I missed putting it on the spreadsheet :scared:

Colour choices have been added though 👍

That's alright, #21 please.

Right, numbers have been added since my post last night....are you sure you want to switch, Handlebar? I've still got you with the #2.

I shall leave this in the capable hands of zer0 as I'm heading off in a couple hours and won't be back until Monday (I'm expecting there will be over 200 pages instead of the 193 at present, lol).

With regard to Esh's suggestion on the link being lost amid the chaos that is this thread, that is why I put it in my sig so I know where to find it easily :lol:

I was actually going to bring up Dropbox as well. at least for the steward network. however, I think it would be nice just to have so everyone could DL some replays just to watch. Leave them up for two weeks then clear out the folder on the third to make room for the next Sunday session replays.

Dropbox is an awesome idea. we can simply use the one account (named whatever you like) and the stewards all have access. created a directory based on date (04-15-2010) with a subdirectory for each division.
Uploads of the 6 races with the last part of the name "BCUS98114-RPL001 being the race number as well. (001=race 1, 002=race 2, etc.)

All replays would be available when and as needed. Nice and simply, I like it!
👍

Good thinking

esh
This thread is huge. Is there any way the googledocs link with paint/number info can be put in the first post?

Good call, but I feel like the color/number data is more appropriately linked to the Official Driver List (which is already linked in the original post).

cheeb, can you please replace the old color list with tez's Google Doc at the bottom of your Official Driver List?

esh
Also, are the spreadsheets for each week and division in a central location? I know the official results are linked to a post in the first post of the thread but maybe, if the spreadsheets are available, they could be included with that link for the official results that comes later in the thread. I apologize if this has been addressed or taken care of.

Our spreadsheet situation is admittedly disjointed. I created a Google Doc a while ago that we use to tally points for each division on Sunday night, however, only the division directors have access to it. It's also used as a way for the division directors to communicate with each other during the races, but again, nobody else has access to it.

On the other hand, the Google Doc that Vol posts is viewable by anyone with the link, but it only has a few weeks worth of data and primarily only has data from one division. On the plus side, it has much more data including starting positions for each race and fastest laps for each driver. Vol has allowed us to use his superior format on the Google Doc used by the division directors, but all the extra data that Vol enters for Division 3 is missing from the other divisions.

I think it would be great if we could combine the benefits of both Google Docs together, but that would require someone in each division being willing to save all the replays enter the necessary data for each race. kcheeb was the first to compile this kind of data for our league, but I'm not sure of he plans on continuing to do this for Division 1. The reason all the data for Division 2 is missing is because I simply haven't had a chance to enter the data for it. If there's anyone out there who's willing to assist with the data in Division 2 going forward, please let me know.

esh
One other thing in regards to Exo's suggestion of sharing demo files. What about Dropbox? It could be setup similar to the SNAIL lounges, though would probably only need one account with 3GB of space, where people submit an email address not linked to Dropbox already to zero or whoever runs it, and then send a request from the created SNAIL account to join Dropbox. Each person that joins and installs their application increases the size of the SNAIL Dropbox by I think 500MB.

Then create a shared folder that allows invitees to upload submissions in a central location, named based on driver/division, and then create another public folder for everyone to read from or view screenshots as a gallery.

As mentioned above, Dropbox was introduced earlier this week by Vol as a solution for sharing replays amongst the stewards. However, to touch on Exo's idea, an added benefit would be to allow all of our members to watch the races from all three divisions! How cool would that be?!

As mentioned above, Dropbox was introduced earlier this week by Vol as a solution for sharing replays amongst the stewards. However, to touch on Exo's idea, an added benefit would be to allow our drivers to watch the races from all three divisions! How cool would that be?

If you want to make them available to everyone, why not just upload them to youtube? You can create a private channel and grant access to snail members.

If you want to make them available to everyone, why not just upload them to youtube? You can create a private channel and grant access to snail members.

Youtube wouldn't allow viewers to switch camera angles and view the races from the perspective of each and every driver at will. That's critical for the purpose of reviewing race incidents by stewards. Also, youtube wouldn't allow anyone to acquire stats like fastest lap, time gaps, etc.

Youtube wouldn't allow viewers to switch camera angles and view the races from the perspective of each and every driver at will. That's critical for the purpose of reviewing race incidents by stewards. Also, youtube wouldn't allow anyone to acquire stats like fastest lap, time gaps, etc.

Ah, gotcha. And I knew that. It's a good thing I took tomorrow off; my brain is full.

Our spreadsheet situation is admittedly disjointed. I created a Google Doc a while ago that we use to tally points for each division on Sunday night, however, only the division directors have access to it. It's also used as a way for the division directors to communicate with each other during the races, but again, nobody else has access to it.

On the other hand, the Google Doc that Vol posts is viewable by anyone with the link, but it only has a few weeks worth of data and primarily only has data from one division. On the plus side, it has much more data including starting positions for each race and fastest laps for each driver. Vol has allowed us to use his superior format on the Google Doc used by the division directors, but all the extra data that Vol enters for Division 3 is missing from the other divisions.

I think it would be great if we could combine the benefits of both Google Docs together, but that would require someone in each division being willing to save all the replays enter the necessary data for each race. kcheeb was the first to compile this kind of data for our league, but I'm not sure of he plans on continuing to do this for Division 1. The reason all the data for Division 2 is missing is because I simply haven't had a chance to enter the data for it. If there's anyone out there who's willing to assist with the data in Division 2 going forward, please let me know

To this point, I want to mention that I think it is very important to have two Google docs going forward, as we do sort of now. The reason for this is privacy until matters are settled.

On the official record that we make the night of the race, we may either make mistakes that we go back and correct later, or we may make notes or temporary adjustments to points as we decide on protests. I don't know if anyone noticed on the public copy I made, but a disqualification was overturned, not because the driver didn't violate race rules, but because of a clarification in steward policy. A private document will let us keep that stuff straight until we have a final decision.

As to the public document, it only has division information from the last few weeks where someone put in best and gap times. I figured there was no need to copy over the leaderboard if it didn't have any more information in it than that. Going forward, if we have people who are willing to record the best and gap times for each division, then I'm sure we can work something out.

Yay Vol! he's the first one to put it out there. I just reiterated it and made mention that it would be good for us too. He gets full credit, just half for me.

Thats the same concept that is used in real racing too. unofficial time/score sheets, then once everything has been dealt with and gone through, the official time/score sheets are available.

As mentioned above, Dropbox was introduced earlier this week by Vol as a solution for sharing replays amongst the stewards. However, to touch on Exo's idea, an added benefit would be to allow all of our members to watch the races from all three divisions! How cool would that be?!

That can be done with Dropbox. You can invite people to a shared folder, based on email address, which they can then read and write to. This could be simply used as a repository to recieve all replays/screenshots for each division. Then in the SNAIL public folder, which I think is read only for everyone but the account holder and allows for direct-link downloads, a structure can be set up for demos and photo galleries to view screenshots.

This would of course require knowledge of how to extract and import GT5 replays but there are plenty of tuts available and I get the sense there are numerous people posting in this thread that can explain it relatively easily to those that need help.

edit: I was wrong. I didn't know it was for single files as far as linking. I guess it would have to just be the shared folder and then hope no one accidentally deletes anything.

Last edited:
To this point, I want to mention that I think it is very important to have two Google docs going forward, as we do sort of now. The reason for this is privacy until matters are settled.

On the official record that we make the night of the race, we may either make mistakes that we go back and correct later, or we may make notes or temporary adjustments to points as we decide on protests. I don't know if anyone noticed on the public copy I made, but a disqualification was overturned, not because the driver didn't violate race rules, but because of a clarification in steward policy. A private document will let us keep that stuff straight until we have a final decision.

Yeah, I guess the way we do it now does have its benefits. Besides, I like to document the reasons that people are late or leave early so that I know why there are no points next to their name for certain races. It's probably best not to publicly list somebody as "rage quitting" or being "too drunk" to race. You know who you are! :lol:

As to the public document, it only has division information from the last few weeks where someone put in best and gap times. I figured there was no need to copy over the leaderboard if it didn't have any more information in it than that. Going forward, if we have people who are willing to record the best and gap times for each division, then I'm sure we can work something out.

Yeah, I like the idea of someone in each division being responsible for entering data like the starting grids and fast laps on the public document. We probably don't need to have that on the director's document since all we really need there is the points (which can then be copy and pasted onto the public document once they are made official).

Btw, when are you going to post the Parity results? I want to make an apology for an incident that occurred on the track.

Latest Posts

Back