◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
How many laps are we doing at the new car/track combos?

ROUND ONE
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 (Sports Hard tires)
@Grand Valley Speedway (? laps) 5???

ROUND THREE
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (Racing Hard tires)
@Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (? laps) 7???

To keep within our 2 hours, it's looking like we should run 4 laps at Grand Valley. Just finished a race and the total was 12 minutes. 4 laps should put us around 9.5 minutes. Thoughts?

We ran five laps on Wednesday at Grand Valley and seven at Laguna Seca.

I'd stay with that – felt about right.

Never had any problems with mine. I removed the infamous banjo bolt screen filter when I put in a P&P turbo and UP/DP/TMIC.

Currently tuned to 260whp/320wtq @ 21psi, and still running strong. Car is scary fast.

I did all my own installs and maintenance, so perhaps that's why I didn't have problems. :sly: Have spent enough time on the LegacyGT forums to know way too much about these cars. :lol: (as evidenced by my postcount there) :lol:

I did my own maintenance (and am no amateur) but had no installs to do. It was the family car, after all.

I doubt I'll ever buy another Subaru. The only time it tried to make up for all of its shortcomings was in the snow and ice.

Pretty quick for a sta-wag, though. ;)

I did my own maintenance (and am no amateur) but had no installs to do. It was the family car, after all.

I doubt I'll ever buy another Subaru. The only time it tried to make up for all of its shortcomings was in the snow and ice.

Pretty quick for a sta-wag, though. ;)

I had an Impreza OS (Subaru Impreza Outback Sport '97 in GT 5 nomenclature). I liked it, but it did leave a bit of a bad memory. The engine was 2.2 liters, with no turbo. I assume they just took the 2.0 liter engine and bore it out. Since it wasn't, as near as I can tell, equivalent to anything actually sold in Japan, it got a crappy clutch. It was entirely too weak, and that is saying something since it isn't that big and bad of an engine.

I will say that there were no other cars in that market: wagon, manual transmission, sun roof. The AWD was a very nice bonus.

kcheeb
To keep within our 2 hours, it's looking like we should run 4 laps at Grand Valley. Just finished a race and the total was 12 minutes. 4 laps should put us around 9.5 minutes. Thoughts?

Presonally, the races should be at least 10 minutes long. In the real world, when a race becomes is set out to be a timed event, the race runs at the time limit as a minimum. Whatever you want to do is fine, but you did ask for input.

I loved my wagon. It was a 96 impreza wagon with the 2.2. I. t was a blast in the winter, and probably saved me a great deal of pain on the freeway too. Anywho. I liked it and will get another one as soon as I get my jeep sold. I plan on getting another like the 96 and getting a v3 sti powertrain for it.

*PRIZE C CHOICES*

Prize C winners have the option to pick any of the tickets listed below. As always, Prize C will also have the tie-breaking vote in the event that the elimination vote results in a tie.

Birthday Tickets:
Level Tickets:
Other Gift Car Coupons:
  • Coupon 1000 (donated by ChuthuluGoat)
  • Rally Base Car
  • Rally Car (donated by ChuthuluGoat)
  • Historic Rally Car (donated by ChuthuluGoat)
  • Classic Muscle Car
  • Modern Muscle Car (donated by ChuthuluGoat)
  • Special Car Coupon ZZ-S '00 (donated by kcheeb)
  • Special Car Coupon Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (White #66) (donated by tcrash15)
  • Special Car Coupon GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11 (donated by tcrash15)
  • Special Car Coupon X540 CHASER '00 (donated by aubdogg)
  • Special Car Coupon Charger 440 R/T '70 (donated by tcrash15)
  • Special Car Coupon LOCTITE MUGEN NSX '01 (donated by tcrash15)
  • Special Car Coupon Camaro SS RM '10 (donated by GlennGolfer1)
  • Special Car Coupon XFR '10 (donated by Patches_McFluffy)
  • Special Car Coupon Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (Black #33) (donated by dylansan)
  • Special Car Coupon Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (Silver #3) (donated by greest_lightnin)
  • Special Car Coupon Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (Red #5) (donated by zer05ive)
  • Special Car Coupon LFA '10 (donated by zeromisfit999)
  • Special Car Coupon Countach 25th Anniversary '88 (donated by Wolfsatz)
  • Special Car Coupon Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11) '49 (donated by Wolfsatz)
  • Special Car Coupon Stage II R32 (donated by Wolfsatz)
  • Special Car Coupon Carbon R (R34) '04 (donated by Wolfsatz)
  • Horn No.112 (donated by OwensRacing)
Click here for complete list of cars available from each birthday and level tickets

*If anybody has a ticket not listed above, it would be appreciated if you can dupe it and send it to the SNAIL_Division1 account. That way, our Prize C winners will have even more choices. If you send any tickets, please post on the thread what ticket you sent and what ticket you want in return (from the ones listed above).

Last edited:
For the second time, no relegation. The grim reaper is not happy!!! The scythe is being sharpened :mischievous:

Oh that could be bad....I have a total of 0 laps with the MX5 at GV and 3 at Laguna using the GTR. Just haven't had a whole lot of time with GT5 the last couple of weeks :nervous:

Edit: oops, looks like I replied when zer0 didn't want any :(

Edit 2: Did anyone else hear a "Nooooooooooooooo" about 20 minutes back? I'm pretty sure I did when the hockey match finished in LA.

I got relegated!!!! Hahaha, ok, I choose it to help the league, but all the same, the reaper didnt go empty handed this week.
For the price of a "hawkeye" sti, there are a bunch of other cars I would rather buy and build first. and I like the look of the older cars better. In all truth, out of maybe 20/25 cars I've owned, only 5 or 6 have been newer then the 90's

Just wanted to double check here, I can't use a driving line tonight? I read that post in the beginning of the thread, but maybe missed the part when it said definitively yea or nay. Thanks!

dudeondacouch
Never had any problems with mine. I removed the infamous banjo bolt screen filter when I put in a P&P turbo and UP/DP/TMIC.

Currently tuned to 260whp/320wtq @ 21psi, and still running strong. Car is scary fast.

I did all my own installs and maintenance, so perhaps that's why I didn't have problems. :sly: Have spent enough time on the LegacyGT forums to know way too much about these cars. :lol: (as evidenced by my postcount there) :lol:

Man, I think that was bad luck on that Subaru you had. Knock on wood, but my 02 bug eye has 142600 on it. I bought it from my good friend,who didn't abuse it and maintained it flawlessly, with 132k. Shortly after I bought it I basically did a stage 2 on it and it's still pullin hard. Just today I checked the Cobb and was hitting 16-18 lb/boost consistently. Of course it's starting to need the annoying stuff done like head gaskets, clutch, etc, but overall still doing good. Even after this motor goes, I'm keeping this car, no doubt. With what I've done in mods, on the dyno I get 212hp which is super fun to me, but next up is either a similar 2.0, but built, or a 2.3 stroker. I can't imagine how insane it would feel at the 290-300hp range. Better get some better brakes! Lol. Like I said....knock on wood.

Take care and see y'all tonight.
Machine

We can't have a car/truck show without a Mopar, that just ain't right:idea:

be742832.jpg

Glenn: In Division 3, if you want to use driving line or TCS, you can, but you won't be available for promotion for next week.

In other words, talk to you division coordinator about it before the races and he'll turn the option on for everyone and should check to see who has it on before the race. Anyone with an aid other than ABS (even for just one race) will not be eligible to move up to division 2 next week, no matter their position at the end of the night.

I got relegated!!!! Hahaha, ok, I choose it to help the league, but all the same, the reaper didnt go empty handed this week.

Rally, thanks for stepping up to help the league even though it meant getting a visit from the Reaper! :scared:

Since you're already stepping up to direct in Vol's absence, would you mind also stepping up to host in Handlebar's absence? You've got a solid connection and dvdoughboy won't be racing tonight either so you've got the fastest known connection in D3 tonight.

Thanks for the update, the truth is I never drove without aids before, and especially not without a line, I've just been playing this game for two months, but I just tried it and although I'm about 5 seconds behind those other guys, I'm willing to try it, as far as advancement goes, I think it will be a while:), thanks again.

Not a problem. We're a league that tries to cater to most drivers…so long as you're clean. ;)

I would say I'm not clean, I can't hold my line, all I can do is say sorry and wait for the person to get in front of me, I'm not sure it will be an issue though, I'm guessing most people will be far far ahead of me.

Ouhh, sorry for the bad info Glenn. Guess I should have known since I'm the stand in director this weekend.
Zero, I'll gladly host. I'll be in the room at 9:30 edt. working on breaking in the miata as we speak.

It's no problem at all bro, I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and learning the game, and no aids will be a challenge for sure, but I like challenges.

Shouldn't you have had that ready for last week? :boggled:

…or maybe you were unavailable… never mind.

Ouhh, sorry for the bad info Glenn. Guess I should have known since I'm the stand in director this weekend.
Zero, I'll gladly host. I'll be in the room at 9:30 edt. working on breaking in the miata as we speak.

Thanks Rally! Btw, check your e-mail. I've just granted you access to the Directors' Google Doc so that you can record the pole positions, finishes, and votes. Also, we'll be turning off penalties tonight and then letting everyone vote on whether or not they want penalties on or off in the future (kind of how we voted on DLC/Spa last week).

Back