◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Okay people, sharkie was generous enough to let everyone choose a track they would like to race on then she will pick the car. I have seen very few posts on this matter. Let's step up and make your choice! You are running out of time. She needs to pick a track car combo very soon.

Just remember, she does not have to do this. She is including everyone on the choice so post your selection!

Some of us are okay not voting on this. I might next time.

I do like the Eiger track, but only in certain cars. I like it in older FRs or hot hatches. Sort of like Monaco. I really like Monaco. That and Fuji are my favorite tracks in GT 5. Fuji would be a lot of fun with the S15s we have right now.

Staggered entrance?

Yeah, so...
  • After a race I will recompute the PP levels for each driver.
  • I will set the room to the lowest PP. Drivers at that level will enter the track.
  • I will raise the room to the next PP level. Drivers at that level will enter the track.
  • I will repeat that until everyone is on the track.
  • I will enter the track and run one lap.
  • I will start the race.

Since we are doing reverse grid after each race, the only one with qualifying is the first. So really it is just practice. And you won't get much time to practice, so once you are on the track, get to it.

Once you are on the track, do not leave, at all!

Yeah, so...
  • After a race I will recompute the PP levels for each driver.
  • I will set the room to the lowest PP. Drivers at that level will enter the track.
  • I will raise the room to the next PP level. Drivers at that level will enter the track.
  • I will repeat that until everyone is on the track.
  • I will enter the track and run one lap.
  • I will start the race.

Shouldn't you start with the higher PP? Because if you set it at say 400 and those drivers join, won't their entry be cancelled when you raise it to 405 and so on?

EDIT: Oh and I'll submit a vote for Monza as well.

Shouldn't you start with the higher PP? Because if you set it at say 400 and those drivers join, won't their entry be cancelled when you raise it to 405 and so on?

EDIT: Oh and I'll submit a vote for Monza as well.

Nope. I believe HP works this way. But you go low to high with pp. If you go from 400pp down to 350pp then everyone one above 350 will be kicked off the track, because 400pp is above the 350 max allowed. Savvy?

Nope. I believe HP works this way. But you go low to high with pp. If you go from 400pp down to 350pp then everyone one above 350 will be kicked off the track, because 400pp is above the 350 max allowed. Savvy?

Oh yeah. It'd max PP, not min. Duhhh. Haha

Seriously?..:grumpy:

Yes Glenn, I'm seriously thinking of dropping the tutoring on a set night, and go back to what I was doing before - which was a whenever I'm online, in my lounge, you can come up to my room and ask for help or advice on driving, racing, or the SNAIL Car/Track Combos.

I have my reasons for wanting to go back to this arrangement. I haven't made a final decision on this matter yet, like I said - I'm thinking about it.

Yes Glenn, I'm seriously thinking of dropping the tutoring on a set night, and go back to what I was doing before - which was a whenever I'm online, in my lounge, you can come up to my room and ask for help or advice on driving, racing, or the SNAIL Car/Track Combos.

I have my reasons for wanting to go back to this arrangement. I haven't made a final decision on this matter yet, like I said - I'm thinking about it.

No worries, I'll be fine, thanks anyway.

Okay, let's settle this DLC debate once and for all. There are two people that we know for sure don't have the DLC/Spa pack - Naruto and AG07WRXTR.

Devious, since Naruto is your friend and he never visits this thread due to computer issues, I'll put you in charge of talking to him about getting the DLC.

I will take on the responsibility of getting AG07WRXTR to get the DLC.

If and only if they both purchase the DLC , I will set up a system that allows league members to donate up to $5 total to them to cover the cost of the track pack. Once they both have Spa, we can add a note on the original post stating that DLC tracks are fair game so that new members know that when the sign up.

To be clear, we will never require that members own a DLC track. The important part is just that they know that if a DLC track is picked, they won't be able to race with us in a given round unless they have it (and will therefore have to sit and watch the race as a spectator).

I will talk to Naruto about the DLC, but he did say in the D1 Lounge that he doesn't have the but that it's okay. Therefore, I assuming he's either going to get the DLC, or He'll Not get the DLC and sit out that round. I will talk to him about it and find out what he's planning to do.

BTW, Thank You!!!!
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Okay, that makes it pretty straightforward. There are two known members that don't have the DLC, and there are two generals snails who are willing to step up and fund the DLC for them.

Devious, please contact Naruto and let him know that if he downloads the Spa track pack, tcrash15 will PayPal him $5 if he wants.

Likewise, I'll contact AG07WRXTR and tell him that if he downloads the Spa track pack, dabneyd will PayPal him $5 if he wants. He's busy with a newborn, so I doubt he has time to even try to keep up with this thread.

That being said, this will not happen by tonight so I don't want the Prize A and Prize B winners waiting on standby for Spa to become available. Please make your selections based on the assumption that this effort to get Naruto and AG07WRXTR the DLC might take a while.

I'll let Naruto know the latest info on the DLC.

I wasn't planning on picking Spa for this week, nonetheless, Thank you for the clarification.

re Thursday Tutoring

I think it is sad, too, but since I haven't been able to make it, I can't complain. Still, I look forward to help whenever I can get it from anyone willing to help.

<tangent>What I really need to do though is just work on some car control, not track break downs. Most of the time, I see where the line should be. I understand the theory. I just am not consistent enough to 'hit the marks' as it were. And if the back steps out even the littlest bit, more times than not, I lose it.</tangent>

Lets get those Votes in, only 8 out of 33(?) voted, here's your chance to have a say in Prize A folks.
Lets make it count!

My vote is (and always will be) for any track that has never been selected before. One of the reasons why I haven't felt an overwhelming need to allow the DLC tracks is because we've already raced them before (both Spa and Space Kart). Granted, they were selected before this thread was even created, but more importantly, they were selected before the unfortunate 2.02 update.

That being said, Eiger short is the leading vote-getter so far and a quick look at our line-up shows that the league has never been there before. Therefore, my vote is for Eiger Short. I don't even know what track that is lol. The important part to me is that it hasn't been picked before. :)

No worries, I'll be fine, thanks anyway.

In the Before Time, I would be doing practice and someone would come in my room and ask for him with this or that, and I would help them. If I drop the tutoring then I would go back to that arrangement. You would be welcome join room at any time.

re Thursday Tutoring

I think it is sad, too, but since I haven't been able to make it, I can't complain. Still, I look forward to help whenever I can get it from anyone willing to help.

<tangent>What I really need to do though is just work on some car control, not track break downs. Most of the time, I see where the line should be. I understand the theory. I just am not consistent enough to 'hit the marks' as it were. And if the back steps out even the littlest bit, more times than not, I lose it.</tangent>

The tutoring is setup around giving drivers the inside information about the tracks SNAILS are running that week. The advice I gave about the turns is valid with all tracks with that kind of turn. The tracks we ran those weeks had turns that are unique to that track and they needed special instruction.

Consistency stems from "Seat Time". The more Seat Time you put in, the more consistent you will be come, you see where you are making your errors and correct them, the faster and smoother you will become. There is no magic pill you can take to becoming the fastest driver, you have to put in the Seat Time - it's as simple as that.

A lot has happened while I was gone...
I'm excited to finally have an excuse to buy the track pack. If GT Academy ever gets done downloading I'll be getting it tonight.
I'm sad I missed Laguna Seca so that's my vote.

Devious, I agree completely. Though, a skid pad would be nice. :( Even something as big and wide as the TGTT isn't big enough for my bumbling.

A lot has happened while I was gone...
I'm excited to finally have an excuse to buy the track pack. If GT Academy ever gets done downloading I'll be getting it tonight.
I'm sad I missed Laguna Seca so that's my vote.

you get caught up on the 100 or so pages badger??? welcome back!

The SNAIL Members (all 13 members) has voted with the majority voting for Eiger Nordwand Short Track.

So the new track is going to be the Eiger Nordwand Short Track
The new car is going to be the Mazda RX-8 Type S '07

Just so you know, I was going to pick a completely different car, but someone suggested this car, so I thought I'd pick it. Besides, we've not run this car yet.

The SNAIL Members (all 13 members) has voted with the majority voting for Eiger Nordwand Short Track.

Just so you know, I was going to pick a completely different car, but someone suggested this car, so I thought I'd pick it. Besides, we've not run this car yet.

👍👍👍

By the way, which car were you going to pick before?

Everyone, please make sure your inbox isn't at 100%. Sometimes we need to send you guys PMs and we can't. *cough*aubdogg*cough*

It appears to only be a problem sorting for the D2 sheet. On that one, the new message was dragged below the split line. Deleting it isn't enough, the cells have to be un-merged. I appear to be able to sort just fine on the other two. The mouse can be a bit sticky at time in Google docs. Someone probably dragged that by accident.

It should be doing that. Check my math, but...

rofajole got four First place finish (16 points each for 64 points), one second place finish (15 points), and one fourth place finish (13 points). That should give him 92 points. For pole in each round he gets another three points, bringing him to 95. For the triple-pole bonus he gets another point, bringing him to 96.

I only realized now that you guys were talking about me. What is all this talk about getting pole in each race and all the bonus points? Sorry if I sound a bit dumb, but I am honestly lost. :ouch:

On another note though...

I'm definitely voting for Eiger Short Track as well, and hopefully with a small RWD car. Something like the RX-8 would be awesome ! 👍

Oh yeah, I got the car and track combo I wanted. Unfortunately I won't be racing this weekend. :guilty:

^ahahaha, dude!

It'd be great if you'd consider allowing asm. :D

Awesome parity races tonight! I decided to make the switch from chase cam to bumper cam and tonight was my first real racing with it. I made contact with other cars a lot more than I usually do, but I think most of it was very slight. I'm still learning where the invisible edges of my car are. I do remember smacking Goat pretty good when he spun in front of me, but I didn't concede the position because it was his mistake that caused the contact. Is that correct?

Wow, when you all get rolling, it's hard to keep up on everything!:drool:

(Inhaling deeply)

I have always been from the school of: When you are the new guy it is best to sit back, watch and keep quiet until you get the lay of the land and until you earn a little salt. I still feel I am an FNG and don't always feel right sticking my nose in league policy. That is just me. This is why I haven't been too vocal about all that has been going on lately. I do keep up on the thread on a daily basis. I will try to be better at participating in some of the more controversial topics as time goes on. (If that's cool)

I should have mentioned this before, but I am the silent non-DLC having member. I will have the DLC content eventually but in the mean time, if a DLC track is chosen, I have no issue with spectating that round. (actually, overtime looks promising this week so it may be MUCH sooner than I had planned!)

I should have voted on a new track (thank you for sharing sharkie) but just flaked hard. Busy week but not a good excuse...

As far as the penalty system goes, I have gone back and forth on this for the past couple of weeks and at after much thought, I think they should be turned off. I first voted to keep them on and after really thinking it through, I realized that I chose that way because it makes racing EASIER. It really hit home last Sunday when I *thought* the penalties were off. My approach to the racing was MUCH different. Every week I have raced, I have really tried hard to race as clean as I could but when I believed the penalties were off, I was quite a bit more cautious in traffic. I am with garris on the whole crashing scene. If I get caught up in some epic pile up so be it. It's all about having fun right? So what if you didn't "win" because you and five others ended up wadded up out in the pasture. (who knows, it might even be funny!) I really think that it will promote even cleaner racing if everyone knows that pushing the rules a little too hard will cost you (and others) dearly and the only way around another driver is to make a clean pass. As far as track cutting and things like that, I think chronic abusers will eventually get busted.

As for Prize C........ Not ready for that one yet!

(Exhale)

(Good think Deadliest Catch is on in 10 minutes or I might have kept going!:))

Those were some fun races tonight. I enjoy racing in the slower cars. It makes driving in a pack much more manageable. I think my virtual driver only died once. :D

Speaking of which, do we have a final ruling on the Penalty being on or off from now on?

A ruling was made already made on Sunday night. This league is a democracy, not a dictatorship. Therefore, majority rules*. If you want to see what the majority decided, go to this past Sunday's results post and open the public Google Doc that has the detailed results. All the votes are tallied is the far right column.

I haven't counted the votes because just eyeballing was enough to see that the majority voted for penalties to remain on. Please feel free to tally up the votes up if you want. It'd be interesting to know the exact figures.

That being said, anyone is free to ask for a re-vote whenever they want. I don't care if a "Penalties Off" campaign is started here on this thread or behind the scenes via PM's or general conversation. In fact, it looks like Exo has already started a new "Penalties Off" campaign! Regardless, if there's ever the hunch that there are enough votes to change the policy, just ask for a re-vote. Simple as that.

* - an exception to the "majority rules" policy is when real life money is involved

Back