◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
I know huh. I did put UPS tracking on my favorites that week. lol. Regardless GopherMods did a good job & theier contactability(if thats even a word)was A+. they also sent a really good troubleshooting guide back w/ the console.:)

Hey aubdogg, you back in business???

Good to see you posting here 👍

*LEAGUE POLICY UPDATES*
Monthly Seasons
As we first started discussing here, we will be dividing our Sunday league nights into monthly "seasons". Tonight will be the first of five races in the "July Season". We will no longer be doing Promotion and Relegation each week. Instead, we will be locking all three divisions for the entire month and will only be promoting and relegating drivers at the end of each month. This will prevent drivers from being relegated into a lower division for things that don't have anything to do with skill level. For example, if they have a low score due to them missing races during the course of the night, if they are not able to provide 24-hour advanced notice of missing the races, or if they simply got caught up in wrecks that they had no control over.

Please see kcheeb's post below to see which division you're assigned to for the July season. Be sure to get to know these drivers well because you're be racing with them for the next five weeks! This consistency of drivers should also allow everyone to become more familiar with each other's tendencies on the track, such as driving lines, brake points, drafting habits, etc. It is our belief that this increased familiarity amongst our divisions will even further enhance the clean driving that this league is already known for.

Of course, with drivers being locked into a division for an entire month, it would be impractical to force all new drivers to start in D3 and work their way up. That's why we have developed a placement system that we will use to assign drivers to the division that most likely allow them experience competitive and close racing in their very first week in the league.

Participation Bonus
Since we're locking drivers in their divisions for the entire month, drivers will no longer be subject to relegation if they don't provide 24-hour advanced notice of missing Sunday night. However, it is will still be expected and very much appreciated if all drivers continue to notify the league if they are not able to attend a particular Sunday night. This makes is much easier for the division directors to do their behind-the-scenes preparation for the night.

That being said, I'm concerned that the lack of a "no-show" penalty will increase the number of times that occurs. Therefore, we will be awarding a "participation bonus" for drivers who are consistent about showing up on Sunday nights. All drivers who race on every official league night within a given month will be allowed to drop their lowest score for the month. Since July has five weeks, we will only calculate every drivers top four scores for the month when determining the results for the July season. In other words, we will only tally points for each driver for X weeks, where X equals the number of Sundays in a month minus 1.

Simply put, drivers who do not race every Sunday within a given month will not have the ability to drop their lowest score. For example, since July has fives weeks, drivers who race all five Sundays will get to drop their lowest score because we will only be adding up each drivers top four scores. Drivers who only race four weeks will have each of those four weeks scores added because again, the number of weeks we'll be adding up is four. Drivers who compete in three or less weeks during the month will simply be at a huge disadvantage when it comes to the final score for the month simply because they did not participate in enough races to accumulate four weeks of scores.

New Prize Structure
As you all know, we have always awarded our D1 podium finishers with the Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C selections. We have previously discussed the possibility of awarding those three prizes instead to the winner of each of our three divisions, but it was decided that "promotion" was already a prize for the winners of D2 and D3.

However, now that we will no longer be promoting the D2 and D3 winners every week, there is no longer any prize for them each Sunday night. Therefore, we will now be awarding Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C to the winner of each division. The division winner with the highest score (using our exclusive PERFECT 100 points system) will get to pick the prize first, followed by the division winner with the second highest score. The division winner with the lowest score of the division winners will get the remaining prize (usually Prize C).

This new prize stucture will vastly increase the number of drivers who get to pick cars and tracks for our league and that's a good thing! I also feel like this new allocation of prizes underlines what we have said all along, which is that all three of our divisions are equally important and should have an equal voice in our league's direction and path.

PLEASE NOTE: All S.N.A.I.L. policies and procedures are a result of feedback and a lot of hard work by many of our league members. We spend an immeasurable amount of time collaborating, discussing, and developing our ideas. It also takes months of trial and error within S.N.A.I.L. to help us determine what works best for us. Therefore, we do not appreciate when the ideas that we have worked so hard to develop are simply "copy and pasted". If you would like to use any of our ideas for your own league, please have the courtesy to ask.

Last edited:

Promotion and relegation was done this week to, as much as possible, have drivers of similar skill racing together for our new Monthly Season format.

A good deal of effort went into making the drivers list. A big thanks to all the Seasoned S.N.A.I.Ls that supplied me with Time Trial times, your support is appreciated! And thank you to the New S.N.A.I.L.s for doing the same, we're working hard to get you some good racing :cheers:

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that our conduct on track should be governed by the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and the Good Racecraft Guide. We want everyone to have fun and enjoy the competition. Making the linked posts your racing mantra will go a long way to helping S.N.A.I.L. realize that goal.

Good racing today as always, cheers.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late notice, but I'm going to have to miss tonight's races. I am umpiring at the district tournament for Little League. My last game starts at 7pm tonight so racing is a no go for me. Good luck and have fun.

First off, my apologies for not submitting for the time trials. We have had family here all week and I haven't had much time in the seat this week. I am going to be putting in a lot of laps today!

Awesome update! Great work and thanks to all of you that put in so much time and effort to improve our league! Been a busy week here and I can't wait to line up tonight!

First off, my apologies for not submitting for the time trials. We have had family here all week and I haven't had much time in the seat this week. I am going to be putting in a lot of laps today!

Awesome update! Great work and thanks to all of you that put in so much time and effort to improve our league! Been a busy week here and I can't wait to line up tonight!

I second all of this. A lot of time and effort went into working out the new format, and I appreciate every bit of it. Thanks a lot to the SNAIL leadership. Great job.

I was out of town from about 30 minutes after last week's races until last night, so I haven't had the time to run the time trials yet. I'll try to get to it tomorrow or Tuesday.

I second all of this. A lot of time and effort went into working out the new format, and I appreciate every bit of it. Thanks a lot to the SNAIL leadership. Great job.

I was out of town from about 30 minutes after last week's races until last night, so I haven't had the time to run the time trials yet. I'll try to get to it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Hey guys, thanks for letting us know what you think, it means a lot :)

And I'll gladly accept your time trials, more data is better :lol:

Sorry for the late notice, but I'm going to have to miss tonight's races. I am umpiring at the district tournament for Little League. My last game starts at 7pm tonight so racing is a no go for me. Good luck and have fun.

Hey bowler, thanks for letting us know, appreciated 👍

You doing the final then?

I am hoping to make it tonight, and hopefully can make all of the races this time. Question, how much is that Ferrari? Pretty sure I don't have that car.

I am hoping to make it tonight, and hopefully can make all of the races this time. Question, how much is that Ferrari? Pretty sure I don't have that car.

I don't remember exactly, and I'm not in front of my PS3, but if memory serves, it was in the 100-110k range.

Hello everyone i am lookin to do a spot of practice tonight some time is there any rooms open???????

Hey sandwiches, sorry I missed your post yesterday. Hope you found some races to get in on.

Last edited:

That'd be great bdub 👍

The Ferrari is $102,500.

EDIT: Ninja'd by bdub :lol:

Ok great, for some reason I was thinking it was the 20million credit Ferrari. :confused:

Actually, we don't allow our Prize A and Prize B winners to select cars that aren't "easily accessible" so choosing a $20M car would certainly not fit that criteria! :lol:

Glad to hear that you're going to try to make all the races tonight. I predict that tonight will have the most talent that we've ever had in a single division. D1 is always intense, but tonight will be more intense than ever! 👍

If drivers are going to be promoted and relegated based on their scores over the course of a month, save for their lowest score, will a driver who could not race one week be scored based on all of the weeks that they made it? In other words, would both of those drivers this month have a four week score?

Last edited:
If drivers are going to be promoted and relegated based on their scores over the course of a month, save for their lowest score, will a driver who could not race one week be scored based on all of the weeks that they made it? In other words, would both of those drivers this month have a four week score?

Great question, Ap. For now, we've decided that promotion and relegation will not be based solely on driver scores over the course of a month. As one of our statisticians, you know how data intensive our league is. We plan on using every bit of data available to determine who should be promoted and relegated at the end of each month. The bottom line is that promotion and relegation will be used first and foremost as a way to group our drivers into the most equally matched divisions possible.

Often times, the winner of a division will get promoted, but I can certainly foresee situations in which that will not be the case. For example, if a driver joins the league mid-month and proves beyond a doubt that he is the quickest in the division he was placed in, he will likely be promoted even though he won't have as many points at the end of the month compared to drivers who accumulated points for the entire month.

To answer your question regarding dropping the lowest score, I will clarify that in the updates post above.

Kills me to say it, but I'm not going to be making tonights race:tdown: Will see everyone next week, good luck tonight.

Hey guys. Had fun tonight. Though I wanted to say that this is was my last night of S.N.A.I.L. Racing. This is non negotiable this time. I'm done.

I'm not cut out for this type of racing. I've noticed lately that my finishes have gotten worse and worse. And its due to the fact that everyone is improving and I'm not. I've hit my limit and I know it. And to top it off my driving style just isn't fit for S.N.A.I.L. It causes problems and in reality I don't have the patients for the blocking and other things.

I'm more suited for Drifting and Rally racing than regular races sadly.
picture.php

It was fun while it lasted. :) Hope your league contiues to grow and wish you all the best of luck in the future.
picture.php

Had fun in division 3 tonight, had a few good races, and a few bad ones, I belong in division 3 because I'm not consistent, and I can't focus when things go bad to the point I pull off track and sit in pits until race is over.

Hey guys. Had fun tonight. Though I wanted to say that this is was my last night of S.N.A.I.L. Racing. This is non negotiable this time. I'm done.

I'm not cut out for this type of racing. I've noticed lately that my finishes have gotten worse and worse. And its due to the fact that everyone is improving and I'm not. I've hit my limit and I know it. And to top it off my driving style just isn't fit for S.N.A.I.L. It causes problems and in reality I don't have the patients for the blocking and other things.

I'm more suited for Drifting and Rally racing than regular races sadly.

I hope you reconsider. I know you struggled a bit at times, but you did really well on your last race, at Spa. I feel your pain, I think. I'm more of a TT driver, and it seems that every Sunday I manage to qualify in the top 3 once or twice only to finish 8th. That sort of thing can be very frustrating, and you have to try hard not to let it get to you. Racing in a pack is a different skill, but I'm determined to improve at it, and I'd bet that if you stuck with it, you'd get better too.

Had fun in division 3 tonight, had a few good races, and a few bad ones, I belong in division 3 because I'm not consistent, and I can't focus when things go bad to the point I pull off track and sit in pits until race is over.

I hear ya, jbica! Consistency if the key! I had no consistency myself tonight - I won one of the six races and then I wrecked in the other five! :crazy:

I don't know if I agree with you pulling in the pits though. You should just stay in the race and salvage what you can. Only then will you be able to improve your focus when thinks go bad. 👍

Holy cow what an amazing night!! I think there was a little electricity in the air before the races! Was I the only one that felt it? I felt that everyone was really excited about getting it on tonight and it played out well on the track. Although most of my results were about what I expected, I had a few truly stellar moments that really made my night! For some time I have questioned my being in D2 because for the most part I have managed to stay in this division mainly because of luck, but after tonight I think if I can improve my consistency I may have a chance to run with the D2 crowd legitimately! Tonight I collected a 2nd place finish (which was awesome) and another great moment was at Spa on the first round. I got off to a very shaky start and was in dead last after the first turn but somehow managed to carry a ton of speed up the hill and went from 10th to 4th without much contact! (I think I may have grazed 'beal) A cool "thread the needle" moment! Thank you all for an exciting night of racing!! On the other side of the coin, my solemn apologies for any carnage I caused. As much fun as I had there were a few less than stellar moments. I have much work ahead of me and I look forward to improving and becoming a better driver!!

Cheers!!

I hear ya, jbica! Consistency if the key! I had no consistency myself tonight - I won one of the six races and then I wrecked in the other five! :crazy:

I don't know if I agree with you pulling in the pits though. You should just stay in the race and salvage what you can. Only then will you be able to improve your focus when thinks go bad. 👍

I agree, it's just sometimes I get so frustrated when something happens that i could not help. If I make a mistake, I can live with that, but if someone else makes a mistake and takes me out of the race... I guess I need to work on that.

Back