◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I agree, it's just sometimes I get so frustrated when something happens that i could not help. If I make a mistake, I can live with that, but if someone else makes a mistake and takes me out of the race... I guess I need to work on that.

Consistency is my biggest nemesis at this point. I am terrible when it comes to focus. I am running a great lap and then "Oohh look! Bunnies!!" and into the wall I go!! Tonight we had ended up with an extra couple of laps at Spa and instead of focusing on turning consistent laps, all I could think about was those extra 2 laps and if I should say something or... oohh!! look bunnies!! (*damn*) It is my issue and mine alone. Life is unpredictable and so is SNAIL racing and that is what makes it so much fun! Even when I am dead last and there is no sight of another car, I keep my head down and stay on the track because you never know what will happen next!!

I'm more of a TT driver, and it seems that every Sunday I manage to qualify in the top 3 once or twice only to finish 8th. That sort of thing can be very frustrating, and you have to try hard not to let it get to you. Racing in a pack is a different skill, but I'm determined to improve at it.

It is very different DrKronin, I struggle with it all the time. Thing I find the hardest is picking out my braking points. One thing that helped me with awareness was zooming my mini map in. In corners I can now see when someone is inside or outside with a quick glance!

Glad you're determined 👍

Oh yea!... and they aren't the fluffy Easter type either, they are more Monty Python type bunnies and I see them in the strangest pla.... OHHHH look Bunnies!!!

Thanks for the laugh exo, made my day! Wish I could say I've never seen them though :lol:

Here are the official results from our league night on July 1st, 2012. This was our first week using our new format and our ninth week of using the PERFECT 100 points system. Based on the new format, Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C are to be selected by the winners of each division, with the division winner with the highest points total selecting first.

Click here for detailed results and statistics (will take a couple days before data from most recent race is added)

Division 1
  1. Mighty_mopar ------ selected Prize A (finished with 94 points)
  2. M1SS-D3V10US ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Nic-KL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. DrKronin ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. AG07WRXTR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- did not submit a vote
  11. GTP_BlacqueJack --- did not submit a vote
  • ADR_BRONCO ------ DNR
  • jlbowler ------------ DNR
  • bdubclub ----------- DNR
  • GTP_esh ----------- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- DNR

Division 2
  1. spooble ------------ Selected Prize C (finished with 78 points)
  2. no_bull_racin97 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. aubdogg ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. rofajole ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • imtomtomim -------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ----- DNR
  • GTP_dylansan ------ DNR
  • GTP_STRUNS109 --- DNR
  • racefan78 ---------- DNR

Division 3
  1. moi_2212 ---------- Selected Prize B (finished with 93 points)
  2. jbica --------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Millerhd ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. nateral00 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. atongo619 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. j-dogg11985 ------- DISQUALIFIED FOR POOR RACECRAFT
  • ChuthuluGoat ------- DNR
  • yer_mama904 ------ DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz ---------- DNR
  • Patches_McFluffy --- DNR
  • MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD --- DNR
  • LR-L2L-xDriFtZz ----- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- DNR
  • torres_dong -------- DNR
  • dvdoughboy -------- DNR
  • GTP_CaptainSwan -- DNR

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Dodge RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab '04 @Trial Mountain Circuit
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Mighty_mopar selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Ferrari 512BB '76 @Cape Ring South
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since moi_2212 selected Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

spooble gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Kinda fun looking at the vote trends. Only in d1 did anyone vote to remove round 2. Not supriding to see round 1 get voted off. But I am surprised not to see more votes for round 3 (which no one in d1 voted for.) That was some good fun in the truck though.

Giving you Monday mayhemers a heads up. I'm working 12 hour shifts today and tomorrow. And I'm sick as hell, so tonight festivities will be postponed unless someone wants to step up and host some dirty racing.

Hey, I want to apologize for no-showing last night. I was planning on finally being able to race again but one of the dogs had a strange persistent cough I couldn't ignore. We're heading to the vet in a few just to be sure everything is ok.

Also, I like the one month lock in. SNAIL is becoming quite a robust group. No matter how many rules there are, it all comes down to how you drive on Sunday.

i tried to load pics for D3, but this forum timed me out as I was pulling photo's off of my online profile on Gran-Turismo.com, I give up!

Hey, I want to apologize for no-showing last night. I was planning on finally being able to race again but one of the dogs had a strange persistent cough I couldn't ignore. We're heading to the vet in a few just to be sure everything is ok.

As cheeb would say, "life happens" ;) I hope your dog gets better soon.

Also, I like the one month lock in. SNAIL is becoming quite a robust group. No matter how many rules there are, it all comes down to how you drive on Sunday.

Yes, it does down to how how you drive on Sunday! However, one benefit of the one month lock in is that you still have a chance to erase the "no-show" is you're able to race the rest of the Sundays in July. We're only going to take the top four scores from each driver so last night won't count against you if you're consistent about showing up for the rest of the month. 👍

Hope you get feeling better, Rally.

The racing last night was so much fun! I felt like there was tight racing all around. When I was near the front, there was always another car or 2 or 3 to battle with. When I had an off and dropped to the back, there was still excellent racing. I remember a couple times I passed someone thinking I was "working my way to the front" only to have them come back and draft pass me on the next lap!

I want to say sorry to the 2 guys I was battling with at the end of race 4. I think it was Rally and somebody. We were having a bad storm and my daughter came downstairs crying. I muted my headset and pulled it off so I could calm her down, and between not being able to hear the game and being a bit frazzled, I drove that last lap poorly. I don't think I got into anybody, but it would've been a much more exciting finish if my head would've been in it. :)

Also, I felt the number of incidents was quite low in D2, at least for me personally. Ap had some lag issues in the last race, and there were a few missed brake points and spins and such here and there, but overall I thought the racing was very clean. That being said, if anyone feels that I did something wrong (even if not severe enough for a protest) please let me know. I drive a little on the aggressive side, but if you feel I'm crossing the line, let me know so I can pull it back a little. It won't hurt my feelings. :)

if anyone feels that I did something wrong (even if not severe enough for a protest) please let me know. I drive a little on the aggressive side, but if you feel I'm crossing the line, let me know so I can pull it back a little. It won't hurt my feelings. :)

I didn't have a problem with you :) I also might have been a little agressive last night. I think someone said "that was a divebomb" when I went in to the wide S turns at spa, passing 3 cars at once. I would like to point out that I do try to push my car to its limits everylap unless im in the lead (and sometimes when im in the lead as u guys saw in race one :D). I didn't mean to dive bomb but I actually braked early for that turn knowing that the draft was making me go faster and when I noticed that the drivers in front of me had braked even earlier I dove to the inside to avoid a collision. I guess it is just dumb luck that my car slowed down fast enough to pass all three and not cause an accident.

Too bad you couldn't make it BeRandom, there was lots of good racing across all the divisions last night 👍

I hope everything is ok with your pooch!

Giving you Monday mayhemers a heads up. I'm working 12 hour shifts today and tomorrow. And I'm sick as hell, so tonight festivities will be postponed unless someone wants to step up and host some dirty racing.

Any one interested in some Rally racing tonight in honor of Rally not able to make it?
I'll be on at the normal time if anyone wants to join.

i tried to load pics for D3, but this forum timed me out as I was pulling photo's off of my online profile on Gran-Turismo.com, I give up!

That's a drag. I've never tried to do the photos that way. I usually export them to the XMB, copy them to a memory stick, sneaker net them to my PC and upload them to flickr, then link them in a post. Quite a few steps now that I type them all out :lol:

I didn't have a problem with you :) I also might have been a little agressive last night. I think someone said "that was a divebomb" when I went in to the wide S turns at spa, passing 3 cars at once. I would like to point out that I do try to push my car to its limits everylap unless im in the lead (and sometimes when im in the lead as u guys saw in race one :D). I didn't mean to dive bomb but I actually braked early for that turn knowing that the draft was making me go faster and when I noticed that the drivers in front of me had braked even earlier I dove to the inside to avoid a collision. I guess it is just dumb luck that my car slowed down fast enough to pass all three and not cause an accident.

Last night I made a comment to Naruto about a pass he tried on me. I feel bad about it now that I've watched the replay. My apologies Naruto, it seemed very different when I was driving. The replay from your view showed a very different perspective.

I don't usually say anything, unless I feel it's blatant, this was not one of those times, but I spoke up anyway for some reason. I guess the heat of the moment got me ...

That's a drag. I've never tried to do the photos that way. I usually export them to the XMB, copy them to a memory stick, sneaker net them to my PC and upload them to flickr, then link them in a post. Quite a few steps now that I type them all out :lol:

I was clicking "share" on photos, loading my profile on gran-turismo.com, getting the url, and using the image button to upload, but by time i did that for all the pics, I timed out on the forum.

Any one interested in some Rally racing tonight in honor of Rally not able to make it?
I'll be on at the normal time if anyone wants to join.

sounds good. I havent rally raced before except on the online competitions, so it will be a new expierence!!!

Pics from D3, July 1, 2012

xQXRfi78ZAYavws1K06_0.jpg

OXoX8f6zdvSafe5JktK_0.jpg

nGSB1jzOrWQ7e2GUb9_0.jpg

DCN4FsRVCsHqeKZJWm_0.jpg

hSJZ5BMhm3PWfO8i5sM_0.jpg

ioINF66x4Xebfp455Hd_0.jpg

bV4UETblxEmbfOpkgMg_0.jpg

1e3krndERMggvUnkY0_0.jpg

What!? A rally for rally and rally ain't even going to be there? Sheeeet, I may just have to make an appearance.
Btw. That was me Izzy. Expect a pm later tonight...

Thanks for all of the kind words. Vet says the dog is fine just usual beagle stuff. We assume she came from an abusive environment, so when anything is out of the ordinary we go into full alert. Who knows what else happened in her previous "home".

Hopefully I can make the rest of the Sundays this month. Some messing with the router hopefully fixed the lag issue I was having before.

I put the U.R.L's from gran-turismo.com, I don't know what happened. earlier two pics were showing. no third time here, I'll quite while I'm ahead. LOL.

Back