â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
I have to say that the racing in D2 tonight was some of the closest I've had the pleasure to partake in recently đź‘Ť

Sounds like D3 and D4 had a similar result, that makes me feel good :) I was stressing about the new divisions.

We have a little work to do for D1 and D5, but we'll work through it and make it better.

Thanks all for another good Sunday night :)

DrKronin
It was great racing with you tonight, too. Damn you're fast. I might have had you in the last race if the finish line was 100 yards further away :dopey: That last-lap battle was a high point of the night for me.

Edit: Apologies for the double post, but I'm too tired to figure out how to quote in an edit :)

Yea that was a fun finish. I thought you had me. It was something like 5 hundredths of a second.

We've reached a new milestone for S.N.A.I.L. tonight.. For the first time in our history, we had 50 drivers racing simultaneously! Great job to everyone who has helped develop this league. Your hard work and dedication has my eternal gratitude. :bowdown:

Don't forget yourself....this league wouldn't exist if you hadn't created it :cheers:

Had an amazingly fun time in D3 tonight, first time doing anything like this, what a white knuckle adventure :scared: Love it!

Next time I will have to learn to keep the typed messages shorter, missed the start of the 2nd Suzuka race while I was writing that damn message haha.... guess I should hook up a keyboard to go with the mic.

Sorry for any bumps out there, and great battles Spooble :)

hi, i coudn't race tonight, I'm not sure if was my internet issues, but i didn't find a way to see thw D5 online... so, did they race?

On the other hand, my congrats to all who race today... and for the owner of this league, great job...

hi, i coudn't race tonight, I'm not sure if was my internet issues, but i didn't find a way to see thw D5 online... so, did they race?

On the other hand, my congrats to all who race today... and for the owner of this league, great job...

Yes, D5 raced tonight just like all of the other divisions. I'm sorry that you did not race with them, but please note that the divisional accounts are never online during the races. Therefore, there is no "orange man" icon next to the "coffee cup" when you are about to join the lounge. However, you need to join it anyways in order to find the rest the drivers in the division. Please keep this in mind next Sunday night. :)

SNAILs, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to post the results tonight as I've always done in the past. The midnight replay of Sunday's Olympic action has proved to be far too distracting! It's now 3:30am and I haven't even started on the post! :crazy:

So anyways, I'm going to bed now.. I'll (hopefully) be able to post the results by noon tomorrow. Thanks for your patience! :)

Watching some of that beach volleyball were ya?
Hey d3 good racing last night. Dga, props to you for turning around your bad habits. Keep up the good work. And finally, sorry to the green whom didn't get in the second race of round two, I hadn't noticed you guys didn't jump in while I was reading off the positions/scores. As such, instead of receiving no points, each of you have been given 12th place finishes. My apologies. I'll be more diligent in making sure all racers are on track. Must have been the Olympics...

Last edited:

zer0 responded, but I think it could've been clearerÂ…must've been the Olympics.

Even when the division accounts are not online, you can choose them from the list in the Community tab. Go to the division that you are assigned to and click on it, then click on the coffee cup lounge button in the column. Doing this will bring up their lounge and you can see if anyone is in it. Click the button to join the lounge and you're in.

SNAILs, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to post the results tonight as I've always done in the past. The midnight replay of Sunday's Olympic action has proved to be far too distracting! It's now 3:30am and I haven't even started on the post! :crazy:

So anyways, I'm going to bed now.. I'll (hopefully) be able to post the results by noon tomorrow. Thanks for your patience! :)

2:30 A.M. early Sunday night for you ;) After 8 months of posting the results at that time I think you're allowed :)

Watching some of that beach volleyball were ya?
Hey d2 good racing last night. Dga, props to you for turning around your bad habits. Keep up the good work. And finally, sorry to the green whom didn't get in the second race of round two, I hadn't noticed you guys didn't jump in while I was reading off the positions/scores. As such, instead of receiving no points, each of you have been given 12th place finishes. My apologies. I'll be more diligent in making sure all racers are on track. Must have been the Olympics...

There's a lot to keep track of being a Division Director, it's not as easy as it sounds :)

There's a lot to keep track of being a Division Director, it's not as easy as it sounds :)

Same for the league director, which is how he missed out. Taking care of other division business.

A lot of fun in D4. I hope I didn't cause too much trouble. Still getting used to on-line gaming.

I agree the Ferrari was difficult to drive. I felt that once you spin and/or go off the car looses rear grip a lot... even after the tires become to its normal temperature. Does the game simulate "dirt tires"? I ended given up on the first race cause I couldn't keep the car on the track after spinning. The second one went well though... I was more patient.

Cheers.

I'd just like to throw some suggestions out there to league policy makers, if i may.

1st= Lounges. Private lounges are the most unstable part of GT5, there have been multiple threads explaining that in a private lounge wit 12 or more ppl & multiple peripherals(mics & wheels) will cause a drop in the stability of the lobby & causing EVERYONE to run 2 maybe even 3 secs slower than an open lobby. I'd suggest that we start racing in open lobbies & jus have a roll call from 8:30 to 9:30, if you dont make roll call you wont have a spot open for you & then open a # specific lobby i.e. only 8 ppl showing up in D1, make the lobby an 8 person lobby. I know its a lil more work but i know it will improve the level of racing dramatically.

2nd= Race Tires. ohhhh Race tires lol. Im sry but i absolutely disagree with using racing tires on STOCK street cars. It allows ppl to drive way above there actual skill level & thats where i believe we get most of our contact from. If we were to use stock tires the cars came with or SS at the most for higher powered cars, i believe it would be much better for a couple reasons, The harder tires will reduce the overall speed on the track & the corning speeds will be much slower. Also, the closing speeds between cars will be lessened= LESS ACCIDENTS.

I know there are goin to ppl who dont want to run harder tires, but believe me when i tell you it will get some getting used too but in the long run it will make you a much better driver.

Last edited:
1st= Lounges. Private lounges are the most unstable part of GT5, there have been multiple threads explaining that in a private lounge wit 12 or more ppl & multiple peripherals(mics & wheels) will cause a drop in the stability of the lobby & causing EVERYONE to run 2 maybe even 3 secs slower than an open lobby. I'd suggest that we start racing in open lobbies & jus have a roll call from 8:30 to 9:30, if you dont make roll call you wont have a spot open for you & then open a # specific lobby i.e. only 8 ppl showing up in D1, make the lobby an 8 person lobby. I know its a lil more work but i know it will improve the level of racing dramatically.

Do you have links? The only network issues that I've noticed have been related to particular individuals. In fact, the past two weeks have been issue free for the rooms that I've been in (D1 last week and D2 this week).

2nd= Race Tires. ohhhh Race tires lol. Im sry but i absolutely disagree with using racing tires on STOCK street cars. It allows ppl to drive way above there actual skill level & thats where i believe we get most of our contact from. If we were to use stock tires the cars came with or SS at the most for higher powered cars, i believe it would be much better for a couple reasons, The harder tires will reduce the overall speed on the track & the corning speeds will be much slower. Also, the closing speeds between cars will be lessened= LESS ACCIDENTS.

I know there are goin to ppl who dont want to run harder tires, but believe me when i tell you it will get some getting used too but in the long run it will make you a much better driver.

I think you'll find consensus on that issue in D1, and four other divisions that think otherwise.

Holding league night in the open lobby would be oh so painful.

Your plan only works if the number in the room remains stable throughout the evening, but that doesn't happen. Four out of five rooms lost at least one racer during the course of the night. If that happens in an open lobby, think about how many people would have to be booted between races.

Think about what happens when some random guy logs into the room during the middle of the race and causes a painful lag spike.

Think about the heartache when the guy who opens the room mis-types one number when posting the room number on the thread.

We do all we can to minimize the trouble caused by the un-stable-ness of the internet and GT5's servers. If there are more than 12 people in a room, it is commonly advised/required that everyone shut off their mics during the races. We try to put someone with a known good connection and low ping as the room host.

I think things will be much smoother and safer in lounges–provided the host has no known network issues with other racers. Who hosted D1 last night?

That said, I don't entirely believe that the speed of the host has much to do with anything. The ping, possibly. The network compatibility, definitely. Hell, I was host of D3 for a while last night and there were no problems. (6mb download, 600k upload quoted, but a ping in the teens.)

Race tires? I agree.

Suggestion? Sure.

Road Cars:
below 400 PP -> Comfort Mediums
400-449 PP ---> Comfort Softs
450-499 PP ---> Sports Hards
500-549 PP ---> Sports Mediums
550-599 PP ---> Sports Softs

Race Cars:
Below 550 PP -> Race Hards
550-699 PP ---> Race Mediums
700PP and up -> Race Softs (should it ever come to this, Race Mediums may still be in order, lest we be forced to pit or cruise to preserve tires.)

----
OR
----

Stock tires for every vehicle. Or one softer than stock. Use a similar system to above for RM cars since they'll have sports tires as stock.

Your plan only works if the number in the room remains stable throughout the evening, but that doesn't happen. Four out of five rooms lost at least one racer during the course of the night. If that happens in an open lobby, think about how many people would have to be booted between races.

Think about what happens when some random guy logs into the room during the middle of the race and causes a painful lag spike.

Think about the heartache when the guy who opens the room mis-types one number when posting the room number on the thread.

We do all we can to minimize the trouble caused by the un-stable-ness of the internet and GT5's servers. If there are more than 12 people in a room, it is commonly advised/required that everyone shut off their mics during the races. We try to put someone with a known good connection and low ping as the room host.

I think things will be much smoother and safer in lounges–provided the host has no known network issues with other racers. Who hosted D1 last night?

Well, what i am saying is that more likely than not we will not have any connection or d/c issues in an open lobby. Plenty of leagues run in open lobbies & they dont seem to have any of these problems.

Race tires? I agree.

Suggestion? Sure.

Road Cars:

Race Cars:
700PP and up -> Race Softs (should it ever come to this, Race Mediums may still be in order, lest we be forced to pit or cruise to preserve tires.)

----
OR
----

Stock tires for every vehicle. Or one softer than stock. Use a similar system to above for RM cars since they'll have sports tires as stock.

I would definitely agree with this.đź‘Ť

Well, what i am saying is that more likely than not we will not have any connection or d/c issues in an open lobby. Plenty of leagues run in open lobbies & they dont seem to have any of these problems.

By the way all of my disconnections were not caused by the room, my brother would lose internet with his laptop same time as me. Internet just kept getting disrupted or something.

Yeah. Not all of the disconnections were network-related. Some are client-side, some went to bed tired or frustrated, and at least one rage-quit.

That said, I don't entirely believe that the speed of the host has much to do with anything. The ping, possibly. The network compatibility, definitely. Hell, I was host of D3 for a while last night and there were no problems. (6mb download, 600k upload quoted, but a ping in the teens.)

Race tires? I agree.

Suggestion? Sure.

Road Cars:

Race Cars:

----
OR
----

This is better, not sure how people feel in other divisions about it though. If it was me I would run all cars with just Comfort medium to sports mediums for street cars and Sports softs to racing hards for race cars, but I know that is just me lol.

This is better, not sure how people feel in other divisions about it though. If it was me I would run all cars with just Comfort medium to sports mediums for street cars and Sports softs to racing hards for race cars, but I know that is just me lol.

I'm the same way, lol. When i host an open lobby i use this;
390pp and less= CH's
391 to 430pp=CM's
432 to 460pp=CS's
461 to 525pp=SH's
525pp and up=SM's
and thats for race cars to, lol. 4WD's i usually go with CS's all the time.

I'm in D3!

We hardened the tires by one level a few months ago and some of us in management thought that it might have to happen again at some point. Seems the cry is out, now.

Last time it was an RM car that spurred the change, I think. This time it's a supercar.

Yeah. Not all of the disconnections were network-related. Some are client-side, some went to bed tired or frustrated, and at least one rage-quit.

OK, again what i am saying get some of your friends. Run a 5-6 lap race with 12 or more ppl with mics & wheels in a lounge then do the exact same thing in a open lobby and look at the discrepancies in the lap times. Not to mention the issues with lag & d/c ing.

Last edited:
I'm the same way, lol. When i host an open lobby i use this;
390pp and less= CH's
391 to 430pp=CM's
432 to 460pp=CS's
461 to 525pp=SH's
525pp and up=SM's
and thats for race cars to, lol. 4WD's i usually go with CS's all the time.
You host spec rooms often, you should add me I would join.
I'm with you, I would say sports soft maybe for race cars above 550pp and racing hards for 600pp+.

Back