◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,798 comments
With all this tire talk , which is making for some interesting reading through out the day , has anyone noticed any of the prize selections yet ?

And, if no one picks, do I get bumped up into the prizes? :sly:

Last edited:
I guess I'm having trouble understanding your opening statement ? I have much better control on Slicks than I do on Comforts :-)

No. You have a better illusion of control on slicks than comforts. Any errors in your driving style will be more obvious on comforts, yes, but they'll still be there on slicks.

Last edited:
With all this tire talk , which is making for some interesting reading through out the day , has anyone noticed any of the prize selections yet ?

I've asked the Prize A and Prize B winners to not post their selections until I post the new tire scale. Sorry for the delay. It's my fault, not theirs.

No. You have a better illusion of control on slicks than comforts. Any errors in your driving style will be more obvious on comforts, yes, but they'll still be there on slicks.

Not to keep beating this dead horse, but the question in debate is not whether or not my "driving style errors" are less obvious or not. What I am saying is that I have more grip with softer tires, my braking distances are reduced and the car is better planted and goes where I point it ... this to me is "having more control".

Not to keep beating this dead horse, but the question in debate is not whether or not my "driving style errors" are less obvious or not. What I am saying is that I have more grip with softer tires, my braking distances are reduced and the car is better planted and goes where I point it ... this to me is "having more control".

Many here will tell you that I'm a pro dead horse beater.

Harder tires force you to drive at lower speeds. Lower speeds put you more in control, and if you do have a problem, you travel a shorter distance while out of control.

:dopey::drool: ummmm... Spark Plug :drool: ummmm... Lug Nut :drool: Ummmm TIARZ!! :drool::crazy: You guys are awesome!! (I have been trying to keep up with this all day on my phone!) I just wanted to congratulate all the league creators and members! Over 10,000 posts... epic... !!👍

Many here will tell you that I'm a pro dead horse beater.

Harder tires force you to drive at lower speeds. Lower speeds put you more in control, and if you do have a problem, you travel a shorter distance while out of control.

I see where you are coming from an esoteric standpoint .... but from a real world standpoint, a room with a group of people on hard tires usually produces more chaos and contact than a roon full of people on soft tires. S.N.A.I.L people excluded of course :)

*NEW TIRE RESTRICTIONS*

Effective immediately, we're making a slight adjustment to our tire restrictions. This new and somewhat simplified tire scale will be used for the remainder of the August season, at which time we will re-evaluate it's fit for S.N.A.I.L. For the most part, we're simply bumping up the range for the Sports tires by 50 PP each, and eliminating Comfort tires from the scale. We are also reserving race tires for race cars:

Production/Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs​

Race/Tuner Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums​

Last edited:
I see where you are coming from an esoteric standpoint .... but from a real world standpoint, a room with a group of people on hard tires usually produces more chaos and contact than a roon full of people on soft tires. S.N.A.I.L people excluded of course :)

Hehe. I get it. Just trying to make sure you see it from both sides. ;)

I've asked the Prize A and Prize B winners to not post their selections until I post the new tire scale. Sorry for the delay. It's my fault, not theirs.

No worries fearless leader.:)

ANFD and Hillracing, the new tire scale has bee updated above. Please announce your Prize A and Prize B selections!! :)

The complaints were fairly quiet this week, which is good. Apparently the racing was fairly clean!

Nonetheless, we're not perfect (yet), so the "post of shame" for 8/5/2012:

Division 1:

GumballCGT
  • Level 2: 6 Points and 2 weeks probation

Division 2:

Ice_Warden (JoeW)
  • Level 2: 5 Points and 2 weeks probation

Division 5:

Tex36
  • Level 2: 8 Points and 2 weeks probation

Wambo626
  • Four wheels off to gain advantage four times. 4 Points and 1 week probation

Yer_Mama904
  • Four wheels off to gain advantage twelve times. 12 Points and 1 week probation

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Please note that some of these penalties did result in changes in final positions for the evening which can be seen in the official results.

Thanks and good night!

Last edited:
As the Grand Prize Winner, my car selection is ....
the Camaro Z28 RM '69

This option will provide a great looking car in a variety of colors and numbers which will make for great race video.

My track selection is Daytona Road Course. This will allow this beast to stretch its legs and turn 1 and 2 will separate the men from the less fortunate men :scared:

I think the RM is better regarding that. Don't quote me on that, though.

I'm not fully sure either, but I'm doing the Laguna Seca enduro right now in b-spec and had to up the gearbox to ~145mph top speed so it's lower than that stock.

Dragonwar233
So 458 Italia on Sports Softs, 370Z on Sports Mediums and a Camaro Z28 RM on Racing hards and possibly the rev limiter for this week.

Hey everyone ..... I'm very sorry about this but Dragonwar is correct .... The Camaro RM is way heavy into the Rev-Limiter way too too early to make this track practical so if it's ok with ya'll I'd like to change it :nervous:

I'm new to this "tuning prohibited" stuff and I didn't realize the Camaro was so highly geared ... most of the stock gear ratios are numerically low to the point that you never see high gear, but it's the opposite with this RM :scared:

The only decent track is Mazda Raceway Laguna and even then the Camaro is well into the limiter but it's manageable. If it's alright I'd like to switch to this track. If you'd rather, I can pick a different car also ... please let me know guys :guilty:

Dragonwar233
So 458 Italia on Sports Softs, 370Z on Sports Mediums and a Camaro Z28 RM on Racing hards and possibly the rev limiter for this week.

Hey everyone ..... I'm very sorry about this but Dragonwar is correct .... The Camaro RM is way heavy into the Rev-Limiter way too too early to make this track practical so if it's ok with ya'll I'd like to change it :nervous:

I'm new to this "tuning prohibited" stuff and I didn't realize the Camaro was so highly geared ... most of the stock gear ratios are numerically low to the point that you never see high gear, but it's the opposite with this RM :scared:

The only decent track is Mazda Raceway Laguna and even then the Camaro is well into the limiter but it's manageable. If it's alright I'd like to switch to this track. If you'd rather, I can pick a different car also ... please let me know guys :guilty:

It's cool, no worries. Your track change has been noted. Next time, just be sure to test out the combo before you announce it. ;)

No biggie, ANFD. Just think, our b-spec guys should be able to provide feedback for us from the enduro there to break the car in....like where (and how) not to pass ;)

Edit; my race is currently going ok. I'm in a huge fight for the lead with the modern day Camaro after stupidly putting SH on at the first pitstop :scared:

The August 12th lineup has been posted!!

I must admit that I'm really excited to see how it goes. There's a little bit of something for everyone and a wide variety of grip level for each round. In my estimation, Round 1 will have medium grip, Round 2 will have high grip, and Round 3 will have low grip. Drivers will need to adapt to each grip level in order to do well on Sunday night. 👍

It's cool, no worries. Your track change has been noted. Next time, just be sure to test out the combo before you announce it. ;)

Once again guys, I'm sorry for my over-site. Can't believe that this Camaro would be geared for 130 mph tops ... I've never run it with stock gearing. I saw this car run in the Trans-Am series in 1969 at Riverside Raceway and I can promise you it went a hell of a lot faster than a buck thirty !!:)

My only solice in all this is that this will be the last time I make a mistake like this since I doubt I'll ever get the opportunity to pick the track and car again :dopey:

Note to zer05ive ... the first page listing still shows DRC !

Latest Posts

Back