◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
That would be awesome... except Yahoo Widgets went offline as of April 11, 2012. :ouch:

I installed it on 2 computers yesterday :confused: One Win7 and one Mac...

Just click the hyperlink in the thread, it loads the Yahoo Widget program, then load that Grinder widget. Works perfect :)

Edit: Handlebar, you're in the grinder ;)

Double Edit: And those are some UGLY helmet/suit combos on your bobs! :lol:

Last edited:
There are some incredibly fast guys here and you have to bare that in mind. In fact they are some of the fastest GT5'ers out there.

Just focus on what you are doing and keep the improvements you have been doing in the last few weeks. It takes weeks if not months to truly get used to a wheel after using a controller. You are doing really well.

Just keep practicing and race your race not theirs

Well said, I usually try to race myself and just improve my own times while getting better car control.

Turns out Tsukuba is pretty challenging in the Evo IV.

Tsukuba seems like a simple track but with the added Moto chicane adds to the complexity of the track; however I enjoyed the few races we did last night in D1.

I am having to adjust my driving style as I've always been racing with Racing tires; big adjustment on breaking. :crazy:

I am having to adjust my driving style as I've always been racing with Racing tires; big adjustment on breaking. :crazy:

Yeah, the one race that I joined in on was fun. You were smoking those tires on every turn!

PD did implement MotoGp into Tsukuba, but only half it seemworks here (in ghost mode):

But not here:

Admittedly the second photo is not fast but is a possible race condition.
Not only can you cut the motorcycle chicane, but you can cut it by however much you want to. This means you can be a little in the grass, a lot in the grass, or drive straight through the middle of the grass and you won't get a penalty. Of course, the fastest way to cut that chicane is to not use it at all! That why we're going to use this qualifying method when we're on this track. Let's test this method out during tonight's practice races. 👍

Tsukuba seems like a simple track but with the added Moto chicane adds to the complexity of the track; however I enjoyed the few races we did last night in D1.

Yeah, the one race that I joined in on was fun. You were smoking those tires on every turn!

I was checking pavement consistency :ill: LOL

Last edited:
pilmat
I installed it on 2 computers yesterday :confused: One Win7 and one Mac...

Just click the hyperlink in the thread, it loads the Yahoo Widget program, then load that Grinder widget. Works perfect :)

Edit: Handlebar, you're in the grinder ;)

Double Edit: And those are some UGLY helmet/suit combos on your bobs! :lol:

Yes, my daughter got to choose with the guideline of "I want them to be...."

"Hideous!". Cried out my son....

She giggled and got to work. I will let her know she succeeded.

Has there been an official call on if we're racing this weekend or not?

I'm still trying to make sure we have the proper infrastructure in place across all five divisions, but it looks like we'll be able to race this Sunday. I was actually quite surprised by how few of us will not be able to race. I had assumed that we'd have a similar situation as Memorial Day because there both Monday holidays, but I guess Labor Day just isn't as big of a deal. More likely, it's because kids are back in school so families don't take plan vacations over Labor Day weekend like they do do Memorial Day weekend.

Bottom line, once I can verify that we have all the right pieces in place have all five divisions run smoothly, I'll make an official announcement. 👍

Last edited:
As we get ready for the September season to start, I'd like to close out the August season by announcing the August Champions for each division:

Division 1
WiiFreak (click here for results)

Division 2
dabneyd (click here for results)

Division 3
JazzNine (click here for results)

Division 4
tezgm99 (click here for results)

Division 5
Skills (click here for results)

Congratulations to all five of you!! As your prize, you each get one of these:

snailtest.png

(Please PM me with your T-shirt size and the address you want me to mail it to)

Last edited:
Just looked at the track/car combos for the next race. I think it'll be my favorite 3 combos so far. Really looking forward to Spa as it's one of my favorite tracks.

Just looked at the track/car combos for the next race. I think it'll be my favorite 3 combos so far.

Don't forget that we're using the motorcycle chicane at Tsukuba!!

Really looking forward to Spa as it's one of my favorite tracks.

Yeah, Spa has certainly been a favorite of S.N.A.I.L. We raced it for seven straight Sunday nights, which is easily the longest a car or track has ever remained on the lineup. If you count the Memorial Day weekend break, we raced on that track for two months straight! I said my farewell when it was finally voted off, but now... it's baaaaack!! :lol:

zer05ive
Don't forget that we're using the motorcycle chicane at Tsukuba!!

Yeah, Spa has certainly been a favorite of S.N.A.I.L. We raced it for seven straight Sunday nights, which is easily the longest a car or track has ever remained on the lineup. If you count the Memorial Day weekend break, we raced on that track for two months straight! I said my farewell when it was finally voted off, but now... it's baaaaack!! :lol:

There might be an issue with cars ghosting in the chicane at Tsukuba.
I'll show you tonight at practice.

There might be an issue with cars ghosting in the chicane at Tsukuba.
I'll show you tonight at practice.

Like I said last night, I think that this won't be an issue unless you mess up the turn and go too slow. Are there any places that we think could be easily cut to gain time if we turned off penalties for this race?

dabneyd
Like I said last night, I think that this won't be an issue unless you mess up the turn and go too slow. Are there any places that we think could be easily cut to gain time if we turned off penalties for this race?

There's definitely a way to cut comers but we can check it out tonight in practice.

I think the trophies for division 5 are wrong. Not that it will change the outcome but looks like sundays trophies are not showing up.

They all look good to me ;)

Thanks for the headsup jobyone, forgot all about updating them!

Back