◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Perhaps I misunderstood your question, but Project CARS ditched the PS3 a long time ago. That being said, we do plan to have a SNAIL [Project CARS] Series when the game eventually launches. It'll be SNAIL's first series on the PS4, but certainly not our last. When GT7 launches, SNAIL will make the jump to the PS4 along with the Gran Turismo franchise itself (which is already one of the only major gaming franchises, racing or otherwise, that hasn't launched on a next gen platform yet).

However if, after we jump to the PS4 for GT7, we realize that Project CARS is the better option for SNAIL, then I guess it's at least conceivable that we could jump to Project CARS as a whole. But as I've stated before, I'm rooting for GT7 to blow the socks off of Project CARS. 👍

Yeah I was just curious if it was good enough because I feel like it sucks that snail is handicapped to stay on PS3 because gt7 isn't out and when it does come out I know you would jump to that. But for the time being i think it be a new challenge on P.C. Not saying gt6 is not a challenge but it would be different. I was just curious of your thoughts on it

Yeah I was just curious if it was good enough because I feel like it sucks that snail is handicapped to stay on PS3 because gt7 isn't out and when it does come out I know you would jump to that. But for the time being i think it be a new challenge on P.C. Not saying gt6 is not a challenge but it would be different. I was just curious of your thoughts on it
I don't know if "handicapped" is the right word, but I get what you're saying. And while I hope that PD surprises us all by releasing GT7 this holiday season, I don't think a release any earlier would have been good for the league as a whole.

Before GT6 was released, there was a LOT of speculation, rumors, and debate on whether it would be launched on the PS3 or the PS4. I won't get into the pros and cons of each in terms PD, Sony, and GT fans, but from a SNAIL perspective, the fact that GT6 launched on the PS3 was incredibly beneficial for us.

If GT6 had been released on the PS4 as so many had hoped, the league would have been instantly split into those willing to buy the just-released ($$) and limited supply ($$$) PS4, and those who weren't. If I had to guess, I'd say it would have been about a 50/50 split, which of course is the worst kind of split. :nervous:

But thankfully, PD decided that GT6 would be a PS3 game and nobody in the league had to buy a new console to experience the latest and greatest version of Gran Turismo. By the time GT7 is launched, the PS4 will be (and actually already is) more obtainable, available, and less expensive (especially on the used market).

Anyways, sorry for rambling but hopefully I answered what you were curious about. Let me know if I didn't. :)

The driver's list is updated and ready to go for the week. Check it for mistakes. It's been a long day and there may be an error or two but nothing that can't be fixed if it's brought to my attention.

All new or returning drivers have received a message with their division placement.

All new and returning drivers have been placed into their Divisional conversations. Good luck to everyone!

EDIT:

Had another chance to go to Pole Position Raceway in Rochester this past Thursday with a group of autocrossers. Just missed out on my goal of breaking into the 23s again, but still had a blast. Here is a video of my 2nd session, which had my best 2 lap times in it. I need to make sure I get the camera angled a little higher next time. As always, please like, subscribe and share :)

Last edited:
break early.gif
perfect breaking ....

All new and returning drivers have been placed into their Divisional conversations. Good luck to everyone!

EDIT:

Had another chance to go to Pole Position Raceway in Rochester this past Thursday with a group of autocrossers. Just missed out on my goal of breaking into the 23s again, but still had a blast. Here is a video of my 2nd session, which had my best 2 lap times in it. I need to make sure I get the camera angled a little higher next time. As always, please like, subscribe and share :)

I thought it was quite evident that your best lap was indeed that. Your line through the slower parts were better on exit. Nice job man! I plan to go to PittRace once it warms up a bit more. I'll for sure take my GoPro. :)

1401060430_skateboarder_almost_hit_by_a_car.gif
Emergency breaking...
Great use of Snail OLR...

B: In case you brake too late for a corner or partially lose control of your car, you must do your best to avoid making the loss of control into a bigger incident. Some contact may be unavoidable in these situations, but you are expected to minimize the impact of it to the best of your ability. If this means turning your car into a wall or off the track to avoid contact, that is what you are expected to do.

EDIT:

I love karting!! We have an awesome indoor track in Denver where you get a printout of your lap times at the end. Its a blast. They run Honda 225 4 strokes I belive.

And we also have an outdoor track thats a mile long with some long straights and awesome elevation changes. If you prove you can go fast and want to empty out your wallet you can get into 90mph 2 stroke shifter karts there but the standard 50-60mph karts are fun too.

I love karting!! We have an awesome indoor track in Denver where you get a printout of your lap times at the end. Its a blast. They run Honda 225 4 strokes I belive.

And we also have an outdoor track thats a mile long with some long straights and awesome elevation changes. If you prove you can go fast and want to empty out your wallet you can get into 90mph 2 stroke shifter karts there but the standard 50-60mph karts are fun too.

There's still a chance we may be moving to the Denver area maybe within the next year or so depending in the direction of my wife's career. Maybe we'll get to battle someday!

Latest Posts

Back