◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,799 comments
I just left the room. see if you can get in.

In now, weird.

I tried following you this time and it failed. Went to D2 and in. prob because you left.

Don't know what the deal is. crash barber polling on me.

Socal is in though 👍

I can't get an ip address off my router. Will be along as soon as i can.

Someone save replays please.

EDIT: on my way, sigh

I can't get an ip address off my router. Will be along as soon as i can.

Someone save replays please.

We'll start at the top of the hour. We took a vote and we will wait for you:)

Hey guys! New to the thread here but i heard that six other SNAILs qualified for the national finals, congrats! (h5)

Thanks for posting! Please don't be shy around here because this thread moves fast. If you don't say drop a line once in a while, we won't know you're here! :)

Thank you, I appreciate it. So just read the welcome letter, ran through the rules rather quickly and just purchased some fresh cars. I'll try to put some mileage on them but time is a little short so I'll roll with it.

Thanks again for adding me, I have heard nothing but great things about this league! Really looking forward to this...

Cheers,

Brian

It's great to have you. Welcome aboard! I hope you're having fun. :cheers:

D5 was quiet, only 8 in the first combo, and six cars by the final race.

EAO-Harleyman pulled off the triple pole position trifecta and ran away with the evening.

D5 Replays are uploaded to Google Drive.

=};-{D#

Had a good weekend. Got to meet Eric aka Dragonwhisky in person. He and I finished up some mods to his rig. Had some good times chatting. Enjoying so Chivas Regal 18. Hopefully his wife doesn't want to kill me after he got to try triples and dual buttkickers. I started to film him just a lil late. His earlier reactions prompted me to chase down my phone to document this. Anyway here is a video of Eric's maiden voyage on my rig.

Surely he will give his review of how it was. ;)

The only saving grace for my wallet, after driving Owens sled is it was a very brief stint. The triples and the way they are arranged gives you that peripheral input you just don't get from a single screen. The bezel on the right screen ran right down with the B-pillar so you didn't even notice it. It was just part of the car. Add to that the T500's smoothness, the load cell brake mod, and the buttkickers on both sides and the level of immersion is so practically close, the only thing missing is the smell of hot brakes and rubber.

Now I just need to figure out how to fund my own triples set up. I've already decided to get a buttkicker and a load cell brake mod.

Thanks again Jeff. With the mods you built for my wheel stand, the seating position is much more relaxed. Don't know yet that it'll make me faster, but it sure is more comfortable.

On another note. After I told her to warn me before started to upload a video for her homework, my daughter sends me a text and fires it off. Of course, I was already racing and not paying attention to my phone at all and the lag monkey crapped all over my connection. Lag punted Lopez and him and numbers were diving all over the track. Finished that race and decided to sit out qual for Laguna while she finished the upload and got dced from lobby and PSN. Aside from the lag before the dc it was a crappy end to an otherwise enjoyable set of races. Guess I'll need to figure out how to QOS my router and give all the bandwidth to my PS3 starting at around 9 on Sunday.

Rally, if I get to vote, even though I didn't run a lap with the combo, I vote 3.

D3 went much smoother this week. Everyone was more courteous and patient, and putting out info was much easier. Lots of great battles where had as well. Thanks guys. Sorry again for the snafu schmiggz. If I had seen the post I would have held up, but I was directing a room at the time.

BTW, jeez that was some close voting between the last two combos, I wonder how it will all break down come official results time.

D3 went much smoother this week. Everyone was more courteous and patient, and putting out info was much easier. Lots of great battles where had as well. Thanks guys. Sorry again for the snafu schmiggz. If I had seen the post I would have held up, but I was directing a room at the time.

BTW, jeez that was some close voting between the last two combos, I wonder how it will all break down come official results time.

Ditto on the clean racing.. it was very fun all 3 combos.

D3 replays are up.. but I think I am missing one. :crazy::ouch:

Not the best night ever but all in all! Not the worst!

I think your timing was just a tad off tonight. But it was still pretty fun.

Division 4 Race Report

Ahhh! It is good to be back! I was a little off tonight because the cars weren't broken in and I have had very little time to get everything back up to speed. That said, D4 was great again tonight! Hovered between 7 and 8 on the grid all night but there was some good racing all over the place. Had a tie for first between Tex and Canuck. Vol's first night out in several weeks netted him an (unofficial) 3rd over all. It was very cool to race with Vol again!

It was a great set of combos to get back into it with. I'll bet the votes will be close! A huge thanks to all of the goat and the rest of the D4 gang for help keeping the party going!!

D4 Replays are also up!!

Thank you D4, that was the most fun night of racing I have had in a while. Everyone was showing exceptional racecraft and respect.

Awesome night in d5 last night! Everybody showed exceptional racecraft. had a couple good battles with Handlebar as well. All in all great night, and one of my best nights since becoming a part of this league. 👍👍👍:)

Thank you D4, that was the most fun night of racing I have had in a while. Everyone was showing exceptional racecraft and respect.

I totally agree ......... last night's racing in Div-4 was exceptional. Thank you. Am completely enjoying this division.

And Thank you, as well, to Div-5 for the year of experience and learning how to race in S.N.A.I.L.

My appreciation to everyone who works so hard to make this league work.

Good morning everyone, I am creating this post because last night there was a very annoying situation... last week started on SNAIL, despite winning points in the standings, had some issues penalties for some mistakes during the race, I'm adapting to the style racing of the league.

This weekend, in my first race, was behind JLBowler and missed a break point, unfortunately, I touched him and took first place in the race, immediately I open space for him to take first position again, so after the incident he still in first position. But my concession not avail, and then he started doing a show at microphone, disrespected me, saying things like “take off your ass in front of me”, he wanted me kick out of the room, said “if he continues in the race I will leave”, asked to other guys “how could speak ass in Portuguese”, etc. ..

In two months playing GT5 he was the most uneducated person I met ... Detail, a turn after I had touched him, he missed breaking point and almost made me spin.

I wish the league leaders see the race and talk with people who were in the room and give me an answer about what happened. I would like to continue playing in the SNAIL, the league is very cool, the races are good, and all runners play cool… but if I miss one break point or touch some car unintentionally, I don’t want to hear a guy like JLBowler, disrespecting me.

After this race, I get left the room and didn’t run other races of the sunday…

Last edited:
Follow the Filing A Racing Complaint procedures.

It is in a link from your PM from kcheeb.

Calling someone an idiot is not wise if your goal is to be respected by others.

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club

Please join me in welcoming the latest entrant into the S.N.A.I.L. one year club.

OwensRacing

Thank you for the time you've spent in S.N.A.I.L. 👍 On to year two now ;)

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club

Please join me in welcoming the latest entrant into the S.N.A.I.L. one year club.

OwensRacing

Woo hoo!!!

D1, last night yielded the largest field I recall seeing in our division at 14 racers. Not to mention the awesomeness of having multiple GT Academy finalists in our presence.

The racing was hard and intense. No wins came for free. You earned everything last night in D1. All in all I think it was a great night of racing.

Someone mentioned SNAIL being more organized then other current events. The room sure does run like a well oiled machine. Very fluid and adaptive.

We did have a sad moment at the end of the night. Worst Driver returning to school and won't be racing. Sorry to see him go. Good Luck with school you Alien.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, I am creating this post because last night there was a very annoying situation... last week started on SNAIL, despite winning points in the standings, had some issues penalties for some mistakes during the race, I'm adapting to the style racing of the league.

This weekend, in my first race, was behind JLBowler and missed a break point, unfortunately, I touched him and took first place in the race, immediately I open space for him to take first position again, so after the incident he still in first position. But my concession not avail, and then he started doing a show at microphone, disrespected me, saying things like “take off your ass in front of me”, he wanted me kick out of the room, said “if he continues in the race I will leave”, asked to other guys “how could speak ass in Portuguese”, etc. ..

In two months playing GT5 he was the most uneducated person I met ... Detail, a turn after I had touched him, he missed breaking point and almost made me spin.

I wish the league leaders see the race and talk with people who were in the room and give me an answer about what happened. I would like to continue playing in the SNAIL, the league is very cool, the races are good, and all runners play cool… but if I miss one break point or touch some car unintentionally, I don’t want to hear a guy like JLBowler, disrespecting me.

After this race, I get left the room and didn’t run other races of the sunday…

Hey GTP_Rberinghs,

It's preferable for you to address this kind of situation with zer05ive and myself. Bringing it up on the main thread will do nothing but incite a flame war and none of us wants that.

That said, zer0 and I will be discussing what happened last night and will be following up as soon as possible.

kcheeb

Follow the Filing A Racing Complaint procedures.

It is in a link from your PM from kcheeb.

Calling someone an idiot is not wise if your goal is to be respected by others.

If you feel you were the victim of poor racecraft, please follow Handlebar's sage advice and file a race complaint. This applies to everyone that races in S.N.A.I.L.

I'm always very educated with all players, but what he did last night don't deserve respect. Anyway i change my post... thanks Handle!

Thanks for changing your post, but please, as I said earlier, direct your comments about the situation to zer05ive, me or bowler.

Ok Kcheeb, i will do it...

Thanks for your attention!

Hey GTP_Rberinghs,

It's preferable for you to address this kind of situation with zer05ive and myself. Bringing it up on the main thread will do nothing but incite a flame war and none of us wants that.

That said, zer0 and I will be discussing what happened last night and will be following up as soon as possible.

kcheeb

If you feel you were the victim of poor racecraft, please follow Handlebar's sage advice and file a race complaint. This applies to everyone that races in S.N.A.I.L.

Thanks for changing your post, but please, as I said earlier, direct your comments about the situation to zer05ive, me or bowler.

I have enjoyed very much being in a league of very clean racers and very tough competition. I am learning more and more how tough the competition is but that is what makes S.N.A.I.L league so fun. I raced in the user created online rooms before i got the invite to join S.N.A.I.L and alot of the times other drivers wouldn't use their brakes and i would end up against a wall, in the grass or sand because the other drivers used my bumper as their brakes. Thank you to all of the stewards, room hosts and other drivers for a wonderful time so far in the S.N.A.I.L racing league. Thank you to all the stewards for making sure we have clean races as much as possible besides the few bumps here and here which happens in racing. I am happy to be in a community of online racing drivers that enjoy the competition as much as i do.

D1 was a lot of fun last night. My favorite was the Elise races since I do better with the cars that aren't as powerful as the Ferrari or Viper. Everyone was very close and as clean as you could hope for. Looking forward to next week.

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club

OwensRacing

HOORAAAAYY!!! :cheers:

We did have a sad moment at the end of the night. Worst Driver returning to school and won't be racing. Sorry to see him go. Good Luck with school you Alien.

BOOOOOOOOO!! :banghead:

In all seriousness though, thank you Jeff for an outstanding 1st year in S.N.A.I.L. We appreciate all you do! :cheers:

As fo you, Yannik.. You're a cool dude and will be missed dearly. Always stepping up to plate to help out and doing it with a smile. Not to mention how fast and clean you are. It's a shame there isn't a GT Academy for Canada because you'd be in the mix to win it for sure. Please don't be a stranger! Come back and race with us when you can! Thanks for everything and good luck in school. :cheers:

Back