◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
Oshawa-Joe
Are you running wireless? I think you had connection issues as well. Recommend everyone get a Cat5 cable and wire up your ps3's. Small investment that will greatly reduce the issues with the room.

I am, but I've never as a problem till last night alone with everyone else

Congratulations Bandit and Chatva on your great performances last night. Lopez and Schmiggz suffered from major connection issues and it affected their grip levels... but everyone was incredibly close and in the action all night.

Thanks man!

Hey guys! Just wanted to interrupt for a quick second. I'll be uploading one of the greatest races ever (Combo 2, Race 1) that I've had in S.N.A.I.L.! Hooker knows which one Im talking about. ;) Anyways, expect that to go up around 6 or 7 PM EST. ( Freakin upload times man :lol: ) Just wanted to give a little update.

Go S.N.A.I.L.! :D

Wheres the vid drifftin? :dopey:

Congratulations Bandit and Chatva on your great performances last night. Lopez and Schmiggz suffered from major connection issues and it affected their grip levels... but everyone was incredibly close and in the action all night.

Thank you sir, fun facing with you for sure!

Yes they do.. You can buy them all the way upto 150ft with end connectors. I just ordered spools when I wired my house.

I have a feeling we had 3 guys in D3 running wireless and that led to the issues. Easy to fix guys.

And cat5e can be found stupid cheap.

get extra just incase. They do make a 90ft cable too. just make sure its atleast cat 5 e due to the length.

I did my math came out to 65' but rounded to 75' thinking there wouldn't be a 65'

I've always run wireless and never had issues though!

Cat5e is a cheap sure fire way to having a decent connection even with crap internet. the ps3 wireless sucks. So if you at 65' 75 would be perfect just make sure its a Cat5E

bandit0627
I did my math came out to 65' but rounded to 75' thinking there wouldn't be a 65'

I've always run wireless and never had issues though!

3 guys running wireless in the same room... Not gonna go well.

I would love to go wired but I don't think they make a 100+ foot cord...

That is what limits me sometimes. The other TV is a floor up, far side of house. I could run cable through walls, storerooms, but... It is like 25 ft, 50-60 ft path, then 10+ final. Even 100 is dicey, so I have held off.

That is what limits me sometimes. The other TV is a floor up, far side of house. I could run cable through walls, storerooms, but... It is like 25 ft, 50-60 ft path, then 10+ final. Even 100 is dicey, so I have held off.

I'm in the exact same boat... my router and ps3 are literally at complete different points in my house

In The Finest of D4 Fashion (Late)
The D4 Race Report

There are only two places in any given race. You are in the lead... or... you are "somewhere else". With the rare exception of one race, 5/6ths of the evening, I was... somewhere else. I collected win #7. In no way, shape or form was this win a "run-away". My precious lead was taken away not once, but twice. Somehow I managed to find the front again but man was it a snot-fest! The rest of the night was just as exciting. Although I was in the "somewhere else" category, I found many battles. I didn't really know what positions were all were fighting for but it didn't seem to matter. It was on. Leader or back marker. If you show up with your gloves laced, you are sure to find a fight no matter where you are on the track.

Thanks again to Fox for hosting, goat for keeping the animals in the yard and everyone else in D4 for making it such a cool night. 👍

Division 4 data complete!

I know this really late, but just wanted add on to the conversation about the Oculus Rift that Owens started last week. It turns out that Sony appears to be developing the same thing for the PS4! :drool:

And in other Sony news, have you guys checked out the upcoming PS Vita TV yet?

There is another way to go if running Cat(X) all over the house isn't an option. I am using a MoCA solution for the PS3 hardwire. MoCA (Multimedia Over Cable Alliance) is a method of Ethernet over coax. With the adapters, you can use the coax pre-wire like an Ethernet cord. It still works even if you are using the cable for video service. Seems to work pretty well here.

I know this really late, but just wanted add on to the conversation about the Oculus Rift that Owens started last week. It turns out that Sony appears to be developing the same thing for the PS4! :drool:

And in other Sony news, have you guys checked out the upcoming PS Vita TV yet?

Awesome news, and the VR set looks awesome. I wonder if it comes in black? *Insert Christian Bale meme here*

Another option for the wireless thing is to get another wireless router and set it up to connect to your wireless access point, then wire your PS3 to that. Will bypass the crappy PS3 wireless. I don't really know how to set up the routers to do that, I just know it can be done.

I might have missed the post. Did anyone get D3 data entered? Yikes. I just checked and no, D3 data has not been entered and there do not appear to be in replays uploaded. Anyone have all 6 and can upload them?\

Would someone please post something so I can get the Steward update in without double posting? Or are you guys just trying to get me to stay up late? ;)

I'm really, actually excited to do some reviews this week and use the new system. 👍 kcheeb is utterly exceeding all my expectations for this thing.

Reckon I'll go burn one while I wait.

Last edited:
All Division 3 data has been entered!:)

I might have missed the post. Did anyone get D3 data entered? Yikes. I just checked and no, D3 data has not been entered and there do not appear to be in replays uploaded. Anyone have all 6 and can upload them?

So close, a couple of things need to be sorted, formats for the gaps (remove the +) and total time.

Back