Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mopar440

mopar440

I am, but I've never as a problem till last night alone with everyone else

2. bandit0627

bandit0627

Thanks man!

3. fastfox400

fastfox400

Nevermind. I downloaded the wrong ones..

4. hooker4

hooker4

Wheres the vid drifftin? :dopey:

5. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

That is correct, but your PS3 can only do gigabit. Cat5e can handle gigabit just fine.

6. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Taking longer than I though. :lol: Uploading a 1080p 15 minute video with my sucky Internet is nearly impossible. :dopey: Give it about another hour.

7. bandit0627

bandit0627

I would love to go wired but I don't think they make a 100+ foot cord...

8. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Thank you sir, fun facing with you for sure!

9. chatva

chatva (Banned)

They do!

10. fastfox400

fastfox400

Yes they do.. You can buy them all the way upto 150ft with end connectors. I just ordered spools when I wired my house.

11. Chiochan

Chiochan

that's what I use and I got it for 23 dollars.

12. fastfox400

fastfox400

All D5 data has been inserted..

13. bandit0627

bandit0627

Well after using a 12' tape measurer(couldn't find my 100' one) I have found out I might only need a 75' one

14. fastfox400

fastfox400

get extra just incase. They do make a 90ft cable too. just make sure its atleast cat 5 e due to the length.

15. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I have a feeling we had 3 guys in D3 running wireless and that led to the issues. Easy to fix guys.

And cat5e can be found stupid cheap.

16. bandit0627

bandit0627

I did my math came out to 65' but rounded to 75' thinking there wouldn't be a 65'

I've always run wireless and never had issues though!

17. fastfox400

fastfox400

Cat5e is a cheap sure fire way to having a decent connection even with crap internet. the ps3 wireless sucks. So if you at 65' 75 would be perfect just make sure its a Cat5E

18. bandit0627

bandit0627

Is there a certain brand I should look at or consider or does it even matter?

19. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I had to quit last night... all i saw was lag, lag, lag. So frustrating!

20. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

3 guys running wireless in the same room... Not gonna go well.

21. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

That is what limits me sometimes. The other TV is a floor up, far side of house. I could run cable through walls, storerooms, but... It is like 25 ft, 50-60 ft path, then 10+ final. Even 100 is dicey, so I have held off.

22. bandit0627

bandit0627

I'm in the exact same boat... my router and ps3 are literally at complete different points in my house

23. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

24. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

In The Finest of D4 Fashion (Late)
    The D4 Race Report

There are only two places in any given race. You are in the lead... or... you are "somewhere else". With the rare exception of one race, 5/6ths of the evening, I was... somewhere else. I collected win #7. In no way, shape or form was this win a "run-away". My precious lead was taken away not once, but twice. Somehow I managed to find the front again but man was it a snot-fest! The rest of the night was just as exciting. Although I was in the "somewhere else" category, I found many battles. I didn't really know what positions were all were fighting for but it didn't seem to matter. It was on. Leader or back marker. If you show up with your gloves laced, you are sure to find a fight no matter where you are on the track.

Thanks again to Fox for hosting, goat for keeping the animals in the yard and everyone else in D4 for making it such a cool night. :tup:

Division 4 data complete!

25. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I know this really late, but just wanted add on to the conversation about the Oculus Rift that Owens started last week. It turns out that Sony appears to be developing the same thing for the PS4! :drool:

And in other Sony news, have you guys checked out the upcoming PS Vita TV yet?

26. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

There is another way to go if running Cat(X) all over the house isn't an option. I am using a MoCA solution for the PS3 hardwire. MoCA (Multimedia Over Cable Alliance) is a method of Ethernet over coax. With the adapters, you can use the coax pre-wire like an Ethernet cord. It still works even if you are using the cable for video service. Seems to work pretty well here.

27. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Awesome news, and the VR set looks awesome. I wonder if it comes in black? *Insert Christian Bale meme here*

28. pyxen

pyxen

I'll have to try another night out...

29. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Another option for the wireless thing is to get another wireless router and set it up to connect to your wireless access point, then wire your PS3 to that. Will bypass the crappy PS3 wireless. I don't really know how to set up the routers to do that, I just know it can be done.

I might have missed the post. Did anyone get D3 data entered? Yikes. I just checked and no, D3 data has not been entered and there do not appear to be in replays uploaded. Anyone have all 6 and can upload them?\

Would someone please post something so I can get the Steward update in without double posting? Or are you guys just trying to get me to stay up late? ;)

I'm really, actually excited to do some reviews this week and use the new system. :tup: kcheeb is utterly exceeding all my expectations for this thing.

Reckon I'll go burn one while I wait.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  30. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

So close, a couple of things need to be sorted, formats for the gaps (remove the +) and total time.