◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,793 comments
I just realized I have the Ford GT40 Mark I 15th anniversary edition in my garage. Drove it and it doesn't sound like the one I drove at Goodwood. VERY disappointed. I even bought the racing exhaust to see if that was it and no dice.

Combo 1 - Gathers Drider Civic '98 @ Cape Ring Inside -- 398 PP before oil change on the Race Car - so, Race Hard tires - or stock with whatever it comes with, if not Race Hards?

Combo #2 - Subaru BRZ S '12 at Willow Springs - Sport Hard Tires -- 403 PP before oil change

Combo 3 -Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 at Suzuka - Sport Medium tires -- 473 PP approx

The Bold Print portion is the carryover from last week.

Thanks for the summary! The December 15th lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

PP with oil change

Gathers 405 (way down from GT5)
BRZ 413 (same as GT5)
RX 7 spirit R type a 473 (same as GT5)

I am not sure why the gathers changed pp. I bought another standard and the PP values between GT5 and 6 were the same.

Actually I think I figured it out. Any race car has a lower PP than GT 5. I think this means the old PP figures might have been tied to the race tires in some way. Not 100% sure this is across the board yet but will do some more checking.

And thanks for the PP numbers!

Also here is a lap count for next week

Gather Drider Civic @ Cape Ring inside 10 laps
Subaru BRZ S @ Streets of Willow Springs 7 laps
Mazda RX7 Spirit R type A @ Suzuka Full 5 laps

Few tips.

Performing the improve body rigidity makes the car illegal in a tuning prohibited room

As well when done using the method for money. Get yourself 101 Merc's. Sell one in V1.00 for 20 mil. Then in v1.01 sell remaining 100 for 30 mil more. Hitting the Credit Cap of 50 mil.

So now you have cars and plenty'oh credits. Those with two ps3's have it made. One sits on V1.00 one on v1.01. Use thumb drive to move save file back and forth. :)
Or sell one in v1.0 buy 20 mil in cars, sell 2nd and repeat. T

Or sell one in v1.0 buy 20 mil in cars, sell 2nd and repeat. T

This is for after you purchased all your desired cars. I have all high end premium cars and will be sitting at 50 mill. With 40 more Ford GT40's to sell at 6 mill each. So I've banked roughly 300 million after purchasing all I wanted.

Online options removed from V1.00:
11286406306_05bb529bef_b.jpg

Last edited:
I do not think GT6 is ready for SNAIL Sunday nights, or some tracks are going to be a complete headache.

In the Session3 room with cmbeal we found, overall, GT6 was VERY forgiving.

The good:
- Tire grip at low speed seems more realistic
- Body roll, as discussed
- Grip, after minor contact. Car is not unsettled anywhere near as badly from minor collisions / bumps
- Qualifying* (no contact, but nobody can see anything, see below...)

The bad:
- Driving off the track on real grass or dirt has similar grip to tarmac (high speed reentry penalties, anyone?)
- 'Penalties? We don't need no steenkin' penalties! Goat, Beal, VAIL, and I drove around in different races trying to find the edges - what would trigger a penalty. At Suzuka, on Light, we found ONE place - the first half of the chicane at the end. With penalties on heavy, we added two more, at a mighty 3 seconds each. Willow Springs had none, nor any walls - You could drive like you are in a Ken Block video, take a flying leap on the backside, grind your car like a skateboard, cut off 1/3 of the track and get no penalty at all.
- Steward tme, I have huge concerns for the Stewards for the huge number of problems the no penalty issue brings up. Yes, drivers should follow rules, etc, but it is a reality to recognize not all will, or not all the time. With the possibility of many new SNAILs coming aboard, it is likely there will be many of these issues. And when mistakes are made, 3-5 Stewards will have to watch it. If there were actual penalties, many matters could self-monitor.

That is my first take on last night, I know others have more to add.

Last edited:
I am thinking, on the lack of in game penalty issue, the SNAIL membership will let us know when shortcuts are being taken and would hope, in the interests of keeping our league as clean as it can be, take the time to file reports. It could get a little hectic being a steward these next weeks, and we'll likely need the entire corp to stay as active as they can. Once the reputation for non-tolerance for shortcutting has taken root, these issues should taper off.

Hahaha, the acronym for my new series is STD!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, all the advocates for "penalties off" driving should be happy.

If the license tests has boundary penalties (ie...DQ you for the run) why can't they have a mode like that? But when you go off track they penalize you as before in GT5.

It could be a ultra strict mode.

Anyone having a hard time getting onto PSN this am?
Yep, a very hard time. I'm at work... :indiff:

Ok, STD!!! Check it out! Here is a run down, later today I am going to hold a little test session, and create a banner and separate thread, but I though I would drop this quick draft down here for ya'lls veiwing pleasure. Let me know what you guys think.

Welcome to the S.N.A.I.L. Team Derby (STD)
Concept: STD is a new series to S.N.A.I.L. Paying homage to the team derby event ran by the drivers and S.N.A.I.Ls in the 2013 GT Academy. The rules are minimal, but the fun is maximized! Here’s how it goes. Cars will be limited to low cost, low PP cars. Think MiTO or Autozam, and old muscle cars. Racers will compete on short tracks of all different surfaces, tarmac, dirt, snow, even in the rain. The goal; to be the time with the best overall average finishing position for the night. Races will be short, frantic fights for the checkered flag. No race will take over 5 minutes.
Rules: There are not many, No driving against the flow of the track (IE, the wrong way round), no egregious cutting of the track. Unless you got rammed off the track, stay on it. At the beginning of the event, a 1 lap race will be ran, teams will be decided based off the results in one of three ways. Top half, versus bottom half, evens verse odds, and random selection. And most important rule, have fun
Settings:
Damage: High
Tuning: Prohibited.
Aids: ABS 1
Track will be picked by the winner. Any track must be below 1.25 miles.
All rules are subject to change as things change and the game is updated, or I get a wild hair up my arse.

This maintenance will occur during the following timeframe*:

• Maintenance Start: Monday, December 9th, 2013 9:00 AM PT
  • Maintenance End: Monday, December 9th, 2013 2:00 PM PT
    *all times are approximate and subject to change
During this maintenance period, you may receive a message that states “Sony Entertainment Network is undergoing maintenance” when attempting to access the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Home. If you have signed in to PSN within 5 days prior to the start of maintenance, you may be able to play games online and enjoy apps such as Netflix, HULU Plus and Music Unlimited during this maintenance period.

Note: During our current maintenance some authenticated users may have lost access. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard to restore access as soon as possible.

It's cool, just be cool.:cool:

So I saw somewhere that they plan to release functionality for private rooms in future updates. Anyone know if that's still true?

Also, @Dragonwhisky , regarding penalties, I don't see it being as huge of an issue during races as it is with qualifying. With no visibility to other drivers' laps in solo qualifying, it looks like it would be impossible to report someone cutting off a huge portion of track.

So I saw somewhere that they plan to release functionality for private rooms in future updates. Anyone know if that's still true?

Also, @Dragonwhisky , regarding penalties, I don't see it being as huge of an issue during races as it is with qualifying. With no visibility to other drivers' laps in solo qualifying, it looks like it would be impossible to report someone cutting off a huge portion of track.
I havent played around much, but can someone watch the track and see all of the racers individually?

I don't believe so. When "watching" qualifying you will only be able to watch a single racer at a time. I watched qualifying of race 1 last night in D3.

Although I heard people chatting about seeing other drivers' racing lines. Saying that they could see all lines, but they wish they could only see the fastest lap line or something. When I qualified I didn't see any racing lines, so I'm not sure what that was all about.

Like when you are doing the license test? Hmmm, maybe its a selectable option, more testing needs to be done... If you can see everyones racing line, then at least it can be monitored that way. If the pole winner has a line that short cuts a large section of the track, it would actually be easier to tell then before.

If you are not IN qualifying, you cannot join if it is a countdown.

If you can see them, I think it is back to where we were?

For the most part the racers are established with integrity. As well known ability. So if a certain driver say myself out qualifies Russ by a second. It's obvious something is a miss. Granted that is considering Russ ran on par with his ability.

Back