◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
Just curious. Are we scrapping last nights results?
I hope not. You had a great night.

Something weird I noticed. So now we can only keep record of our time trials per course by using arcade mode. But those miles don't even count towards on car mileage (and maybe not towards in game mileage either). I just bought a car and did some time trials in arcade mode and the car still shows 0 miles.

Just curious. Are we scrapping last nights results?
I'm still haven't had a chance to read all of the posts from today, but my initial thoughts are to still log the data since everything was in place to do so. D2 might be a different story since they didn't complete all the races. However, we definitely won't be awarding the PSN gift cards based on last night's results. Both @fzappa and me have agreed that it wouldn't be fair to do that based on all the issues and last minute changes last night.

Just wondering How long do I need to be driving these cars to break them in and why am I doing that also usually when does the current car/ track combo get updated so I can keep an eye out

Just wondering How long do I need to be driving these cars to break them in and why am I doing that also usually when does the current car/ track combo get updated so I can keep an eye out
You don't need to drive the cars to break them in; just change the oil. New combos are announced after prize winners pick their choices, usually by mid-week. There is typically a 'current' post with the new combos and post #2 is updated as well.

You don't need to drive the cars to break them in; just change the oil. New combos are announced after prize winners pick their choices, usually by mid-week. There is typically a 'current' post with the new combos and post #2 is updated as well.
K thanks

Hey everyone, the final episode has started. Please get on Twitter and show your support for your fellow SNAILs!!

Can I request no spoilers? :dopey: I won't be able to see it until tomorrow when it goes on Spike.com and I don't want to know who wins until I find out. :D

Excellent writeup. I would expand on one thing: The section you quoted says, "The mesh type network model is less likely to produce lag than the star type network model." Here's what that means: While the "star" or "fixed" room ownership model does isolate a problem connection from infecting the rest of the room, and uses less bandwidth per node (except for the host, of course), it does introduce a bit of latency for everyone. In the "mesh" model, if I change direction in my car, the packet reflecting that change is sent directly to all other drivers near me (ideally, anyway). Add my upstream latency to their downstream latency, and that's the time it takes to get to their PS3. The star model, on the other hand, requires the pack to go to the host and then to each driver. This effectively doubles the latency drivers will experience with each other.

Given the problems we had yesterday, I'm completely fine with that. I just though I should put it out there, so no one is surprised.

If we didn't have to deal with people having connections that are 5,500 miles away and basically crappy to begin with, it really wouldn't be that big of a problem especially if we held at 12 to a room. I'm not surprised one bit that D3 and D4 ran without issue. How many drivers did they have and how many were from a continent other than North America? D1 and D2 were packed to the gills and I know D1 had at least one driver from quite far away that has a history of lagging and connection issues.

Really enjoying the presentation for all contestants.

GT Academy is great tonight!
It's crazy intense! Final race is about to start!! Go SNAILs!!

EDIT: damn you commercial break!! Who cares about Need 4 Speed anyways?! Do your own reality show!! :lol:

I really take Joe's comment about editing to heart on all these guys, we can't know who they are, but...

All of them are impressive!

What an accomplishment for all the finalists, from the final four to the New York contestants!

Wow! This is great!

Epic finish... WOW!

Last edited:
Congratulations to GumballCGT.

Until otherwise advised by higher authority.

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 15 December 2013

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Banners by dabneyd

Latest Posts

Back