◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Overall, I think it was a great night in D3. Thanks to @Schmiggz for hosting/directing, @ATLskydiver for getting the scores and @JWalker for getting the replays. There was tons of pack racing all over the tracks tonight and it was a lot of fun fighting for positions. The atmosphere was relaxed and even with doing 8 laps in the first race and a smoke break after race 3 we still managed to get finished up before midnight. Getting settled down after tonight has taken me a bit more time than in the last few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a lunch time nap at work tomorrow/today.

Wonder of wonders, I have 6 working replays, as of right now. It remains to be seen if they work tomorrow, or later today, as it were, or if they work for anyone else, should they be needed. I may go ahead and upload them as a backup to JWalker's set. Waiting at least 2 minutes, and in a couple cases more, seems to be the ticket for replays.

Thanks for stepping up! I have added you to the roster. If you can, could you post your speed test results?
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
swg
Too new to have taken part tonight, but is it possible for others to view the race replays?

Generally speaking, the replays get uploaded to a storage area that only they and the stewards have access to. If you wish to view a replay that you were unable to save, you will need to contact someone from that division and have them upload it to their google drive and share it with you.

Man, do I have a love affair with unusual and unique cars. Anyone heard of this thing?
88-Consulier-GTP_DV-09_GC_010.jpg
The first production car to use carbon fiber and kevilar. It has a fully composite monocoque frame and body, and runs a Chrysler Turbo 4. The same found in the Turbo Caravan and Conquest/Starion from the Late 80's. The founder of the company felt so strongly of his car, that he put down the "$25,000" challange, that no other stock street car within the same price/power range could beat it on the track. Later, they introduced a bigger, more powerful engine and bumped the challenge up to $100,000. Well, One of the car magazines took up the challenge, and used a 91 Vette, and beat the car by 1 second. Not sure what track though. Consulier however, claimed that the car that was used was older and worn out, and changed the stipulations, stating that the driver, track and car would be provided by Consulier. Other than the one magazine, I do not think anyone has beaten their challenge, though, I am equally unsure that anyone took them up on the challenge either.

For all SNAILs concerned if a particular incident has already been filed, you may view all filed incidents at the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.​
Sooo, I got a question here. Now, a while ago, I had asked for permission to the stewards lounge to thumb through race incidents, so I could put together a "what not to do, what to do" type video for our ideals on racecraft. I was denied the access, by you, under the pretense that you (probably rightfully so) didn't want people put on blast. Doesn't openning that sheet to everyone essentially do the exact thing in which you denied me access?

Fizzer has it. Not sure if he knows how to post it though.

I do and I do, however I need a replay for the last race last night. I didn't capture the full finishing positions for race 6, and of course that's the one reply of mine for the night that won't work.

I'll shoot out a reply to the division PM asking to see if anyone has one as well.

Sooo, I got a question here. Now, a while ago, I had asked for permission to the stewards lounge to thumb through race incidents, so I could put together a "what not to do, what to do" type video for our ideals on racecraft. I was denied the access, by you, under the pretense that you (probably rightfully so) didn't want people put on blast. Doesn't openning that sheet to everyone essentially do the exact thing in which you denied me access?

First off, the Steward's "lounge area" as it was, was a place we stewards discussed amongst ourselves the merits and demerits of each incident filed. In some cases, the language used during those discussions, as you well know, is/was not fit for public consumption. That area no longer exists. If memory serves, you had access to all the steward resources, before you resigned as a steward. The sheet that I linked serves to provide transparency of reviews to the entire league. (Edit) The stewards discussed placing the review scoresheet on display for the entire league and we determined it might be better and really no different than the steward summary. (end Edit) If you wish to pick a few of those to make a video, let us know which ones you'd like to look at and we'll make arrangements to get you the necessary replays.

Last edited:
Division 5 Recap...

First race of the evening started quite smoothly...
View attachment 99053
The battle for first was a close one exiting turn 1...
View attachment 99054
On the final lap 1st through 4th were still battling closely...
View attachment 99055

The GTRs were a handful and each race started out close...
View attachment 99051
A little bit of air with a bad landing was the feared combo...
View attachment 99052
Done right, one could sail to victory lane!
View attachment 99049
The second race had "the big one".
There's that orange car again, sneaking from 6th to 1st over the next 100 yards!
View attachment 99050

Race 2 at Brands Hatch was very tight...
View attachment 99046
A moment of 3-wide must have created some sweaty palms!
View attachment 99047
but the outside line prevailed.
View attachment 99048
You had to show me messing up at Deep Forest! lol

Division 5 Recap...

First race of the evening started quite smoothly...
View attachment 99053
The battle for first was a close one exiting turn 1...
View attachment 99054
On the final lap 1st through 4th were still battling closely...
View attachment 99055

The GTRs were a handful and each race started out close...
View attachment 99051
A little bit of air with a bad landing was the feared combo...
View attachment 99052
Done right, one could sail to victory lane!
View attachment 99049
The second race had "the big one".
There's that orange car again, sneaking from 6th to 1st over the next 100 yards!
View attachment 99050

Race 2 at Brands Hatch was very tight...
View attachment 99046
A moment of 3-wide must have created some sweaty palms!
View attachment 99047
but the outside line prevailed.
View attachment 99048

Chris,

You did a great job last night, but I am gunning for you next week!

I learned a long time ago to race without the chat in my ear. Nothing more annouying than hears people cough/clear their throat, or hear someones kid constently crying or dog barking all through a race. Or, in my case, not many people I think are caring for my singing. So I mute myself and either remvoe my bluetooth or mute voice chat on my headset. It's already a policy to have them off/muted during a race, but sometimes people forget. I know I have.

I have one of these,

Will that help?
Thanks, but I prefer my corded Craftsman. My dad's had it for over 10 years, I've had it about 4 now. Torque galor. Never let me down dealing with those loose screws.

Latest Posts

Back