◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,798 comments
Great pics Wolf! Of course the week I decide to take off is the first week where D3 pictures pop up! Well done keep it up!

I want to participate again. Division in which I can participate? thank you

You will have to run the GT6 time trial for division placement.

Greetings all, I'm very interested in joining the Sunday spec league if possible. I'll be looking here for a reply for time trial directions. Hope to hear back :)

Hi! I would like to participate, how should I do ?

@Skills has got himself a bit of a backlog at this point. Rest assured guys, he will be along shortly with the official welcome message. In the meantime, read the first post of this thread. Check details like the time that we race and make sure that works for you. Be aware that the time posted is EST or Eastern Standard Time. That's the east coast of the United States.

Rally,

I think, per the description, one would be explicitly disallowed for not having the clutch and H-gate.
Having been a part of the first event of this kind zer0 did, and considering his general want to include as many as possible, I find it highly unlikely that anyone would be sent home for not having an h-gate and clutch.

Division 3 Festivities at Mt. Panorama Bathurst with the Alpine.

D3 Festivities at Fuji GT with the Lotus Elise

wolf I absolutely love these pic man. I enjoyed racing with you guys in d3 it was awesome. Plus I feel you have a way with a camera I could never get close to lol. thanks so much for the time and effort you put in these man its greatly appreciated:cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

:Dok if everything is decided about the combos soon I think I have 2 options that I like one involving the track being changed and the other option changing the car.:confused:

D3 @ Silverstone with the RX-7 TC

(having fun with the panning mode)

Snail WC Division
... and 3 drivers pulling double duty (Dr.G, Chatva and Wolf) thanks for letting us race with you!

Ndrk, Neovre and Tez leading the pack on turn 1.

Basswerks overshooting 'The Chase @ turn 21 and JobyOne ready to take the gift.

The Quarry offered good passing opportunities.

Turn 1 at Fuji. Neovre leads the pack closely followed by Ndrk, Jobyone, Tez and GrandStand Bill.

Neovre still holding the lead Corner 13.

Chatva hunting the Westies!

Trying to hold the lead proved tough at Silvertone.

Dr. Greenthumb and Chatva on double duty on the left. Ndrk followed by Jobyone on the right.

GrandStand Bill chasing Jobyone.

Panning shot with Ndrk leading the pack of Westies.

Last edited:
:Dok if everything is decided about the combos soon I think I have 2 options that I like one involving the track being changed and the other option changing the car.:confused:

th

You really need to pay attention to what is said to you. Did you not read my last reply to you. If you didn't, you need to go back and find it. I'm not doing the work for you. I tried to be helpful and give you a little hint of what was in store for you and the prizes but you chose to ignore it. Now, I must slap you with two fishes.

Você terá que executar o contra-relógio GT6 para a colocação de divisão.

Você pode me dar o link para as regras do tempo trilha?
1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Você terá que executar o contra-relógio GT6 para a colocação de divisão.

Você pode me dar o link para as regras do tempo trilha?

English only is a rule of GTPlanet. Assuming this is what you meant:

You will have to run against the clock GT6 for placement division.
Can you give me the link to the rules of track time?

Skills will be along soon with the full welcome message that includes instructions for the time trial.

Edit: ninja'd

INTEREST CHECK

It's been almost a year since we moved the league to an earlier start time and so it's been almost a year since I've raced on Sunday night. Therefore, I've been kicking around an idea for a new S.N.A.I.L. event that would work with my schedule better. I'm tentatively calling it "Mystic" racing, which is a playful acronym of the two core principles of this potential event - Mystery and Stick Shifting.

Mystery
Simply put, the cars and tracks we race will be a mystery until the event actually begins. This is intended to keep the event casual and impromptu. In fact, I want this series to require absolutely no purchases, no preparation, and no practice. By only using cars listed in GT6's One-Make List (formerly know as the Recommended List in GT5), nobody has to buy any cars or get oil changes. More importantly, everyone will be racing identical cars since tuning of any kind is not possible on cars on the One-Make List (not even on brake balance).

Stick Shifting
This event will be an opportunity for drivers to enjoy the added immersion and realism that comes with banging gears using their H-pattern shifter and clutch. Of the 27 cars in GT6's One-Make List, exactly ten of them have a traditional manual transmission in real life. This number of cars will make is easy for us to randomize which car is selected at the beginning of each event. When instructed, everyone in the lounge will type any number from 0 to 9 into the chat window. We'll add up all the numbers submitted and use the last digit to pick a car from the list below:

1 - Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
2 - Scion FR-S '12
3 - Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
4 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
5 - Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT '12
6 - KTM X-BOW Street '12
7 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
8 - Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
9 - Ford Shelby GT500 '13
0 - Audi quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87

These ten cars represent a pretty good variety of cars. There's a wide range in PP level and all four drivetrain layouts are represented as well. There's even a rally car thrown in there for good measure! As for the track selection, we can just use the in-game voting function or come up with another way to randomize it. Just as long as there's no way for anyone to know which track will be used until it is actually selected.

As you can see, I want to ensure that an absolute minimal amount of time and preparation is required for this event. In fact, I'm planning for each session to only last one hour long from beginning to end! I want anyone with an H-gate and a clutch to be able to participate in this event, even if they're very limited on available free time or are already committed to other racing events during the week.

I was initially planning to have this event on Monday nights at 10pm Eastern. This would be to avoid overlap with our NASCAR series and also allow the event to finish before the PSN's weekly update at 11pm Eastern. However, it appears that our NASCAR series has just moved their start time back by an hour, so it won't be possible to squeeze this event in between that series and the PSN update. No worries though as I'm sure we can find another opening in the schedule. For now, I'd just like to see if there's any interest in this idea and hear any feedback on it as well. :)
I am interested and although I am somewhat uncertain for the time......how about Sunday 7:00 EST?

th

You really need to pay attention to what is said to you. Did you not read my last reply to you. If you didn't, you need to go back and find it. I'm not doing the work for you. I tried to be helpful and give you a little hint of what was in store for you and the prizes but you chose to ignore it. Now, I must slap you with two fishes.

Tempted to make this my profile picture.

I Was Going To Ask The Same Thing. It Cannot Be Fast To Type This Way.
Just A Habit I Got Into While Working For A Company Who Wanted Everything Capitalized. I Do It Without Even Thinking About It And It Doesn't Slow Me Down As I Am A Good Typist.
WOW! More Reply's To My Typing Style Than To My Game Idea.

ok fine. I have no idea what Im doing. never won the prize before so therefore I revoke my wnnings since I have no common senss on what in the world im doing. I accept these fish slaps and will stand down willingly. all I want do is race. I honestly do not care about the combo ill race whatever combo is decided. since I do not know what im doing can you mr. bowler an the rest of the higher ups decide in my place cause I really do not want to mess this up for all the other snails out there

ok fine. I have no idea what Im doing. never won the prize before so therefore I revoke my wnnings since I have no common senss on what in the world im doing. I accept these fish slaps and will stand down willingly. all I want do is race. I honestly do not care about the combo ill race whatever combo is decided. since I do not know what im doing can you mr. bowler an the rest of the higher ups decide in my place cause I really do not want to mess this up for all the other snails out there

Relax. He should have put @K1utch in the reply so you got a notification. Either way, here's his comment.

Why take it so seriously? I mean, there's a picture of a guy getting slapped in the face with a fish. What better way to get someone's attention than slapping them in the face with a fish? When you brought up changing the car or the track, I told you to not put a lot of time into it until you know what prize you're getting because at least one of the prize winners has an incident filed against them and the prizes could easily change. I was trying to save you some work. Now you have gone and tested (I assume) cars and tracks when your prize could very well be changed and then you will have to do that work over again.

Relax. He should have put @K1utch in the reply so you got a notification. Either way, here's his comment.
He should have gotten a notification because I quoted his post. I know I get a notification every time someone quotes one of my posts.

Well the only reason why I was. was mainly because I know some of the snails do not like the car and others did not like the track so if I won or not I wanted to be prepared. So you are absolutely right. I did a lot of practicing and testing at different tracks an with the rx7. Honestly it was super fun doing. I wanted to please all the snails as best as I could not saying I would do a perfect job but I figured since I now have a chance to win the prize I figured id make the combo as best as I can. A little challenging and competitive all at once was what I was going for. I figured I had messed up big time and so I didn't want to offend anyone or mess up so I was just trying my best is all. So ya I put a lot of time into it but hey its ok I really enjoyed doing it whether I won or not.

INTEREST CHECK

It's been almost a year since we moved the league to an earlier start time and so it's been almost a year since I've raced on Sunday night. Therefore, I've been kicking around an idea for a new S.N.A.I.L. event that would work with my schedule better. I'm tentatively calling it "Mystic" racing, which is a playful acronym of the two core principles of this potential event - Mystery and Stick Shifting.

Mystery
Simply put, the cars and tracks we race will be a mystery until the event actually begins. This is intended to keep the event casual and impromptu. In fact, I want this series to require absolutely no purchases, no preparation, and no practice. By only using cars listed in GT6's One-Make List (formerly know as the Recommended List in GT5), nobody has to buy any cars or get oil changes. More importantly, everyone will be racing identical cars since tuning of any kind is not possible on cars on the One-Make List (not even on brake balance).

Stick Shifting
This event will be an opportunity for drivers to enjoy the added immersion and realism that comes with banging gears using their H-pattern shifter and clutch. Of the 27 cars in GT6's One-Make List, exactly ten of them have a traditional manual transmission in real life. This number of cars will make is easy for us to randomize which car is selected at the beginning of each event. When instructed, everyone in the lounge will type any number from 0 to 9 into the chat window. We'll add up all the numbers submitted and use the last digit to pick a car from the list below:

1 - Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
2 - Scion FR-S '12
3 - Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
4 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
5 - Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT '12
6 - KTM X-BOW Street '12
7 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
8 - Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
9 - Ford Shelby GT500 '13
0 - Audi quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87

These ten cars represent a pretty good variety of cars. There's a wide range in PP level and all four drivetrain layouts are represented as well. There's even a rally car thrown in there for good measure! As for the track selection, we can just use the in-game voting function or come up with another way to randomize it. Just as long as there's no way for anyone to know which track will be used until it is actually selected.

As you can see, I want to ensure that an absolute minimal amount of time and preparation is required for this event. In fact, I'm planning for each session to only last one hour long from beginning to end! I want anyone with an H-gate and a clutch to be able to participate in this event, even if they're very limited on available free time or are already committed to other racing events during the week.

I was initially planning to have this event on Monday nights at 10pm Eastern. This would be to avoid overlap with our NASCAR series and also allow the event to finish before the PSN's weekly update at 11pm Eastern. However, it appears that our NASCAR series has just moved their start time back by an hour, so it won't be possible to squeeze this event in between that series and the PSN update. No worries though as I'm sure we can find another opening in the schedule. For now, I'd just like to see if there's any interest in this idea and hear any feedback on it as well. :)

I'm in too as long is time permits. Sounds awesome. I was using my clutch and shifter for the first time yesterday messing around with some rally cars and tracks...great fun!

Well the only reason why I was. was mainly because I know some of the snails do not like the car and others did not like the track so if I won or not I wanted to be prepared. So you are absolutely right. I did a lot of practicing and testing at different tracks an with the rx7. Honestly it was super fun doing. I wanted to please all the snails as best as I could not saying I would do a perfect job but I figured since I now have a chance to win the prize I figured id make the combo as best as I can. A little challenging and competitive all at once was what I was going for. I figured I had messed up big time and so I didn't want to offend anyone or mess up so I was just trying my best is all. So ya I put a lot of time into it but hey its ok I really enjoyed doing it whether I won or not.

Klutch! how about testing some cars tonight to help you narrow down your prize? Dont try to please everyone, as the most perfect snail car will also get grief from the complainers.

let's do some good testing and you can pick your favorite. How about 9:30 EST?

Thanks for the Kudos above!

This whole exchange will make more sense once the prize winners are officially announced.

Klutch! how about testing some cars tonight to help you narrow down your prize? Dont try to please everyone, as the most perfect snail car will also get grief from the complainers.

let's do some good testing and you can pick your favorite. How about 9:30 EST?

Thanks for the Kudos above!
I offer myself to help if you need. gimme a text on psn

SNAIL CLASSIFIEDS!

Do you have a fast internet connection and able to organize and direct a practice room? Team SNAIL is loooking for 2-3 hosts/directors for Thursday Official Practice.

If interested in hosting/directing and earning Shells! Let me know as soon as possible so that I can coordinate tomorrow's practice.

Thanks!

I can host a practice room if needed...

Back