Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.
    Please reply to this post if you agree or disagree with this statement.

2. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Do you have $50 to spend?

3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

4. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

I'llchange the calc's so the vote is not included in the future.

Thanks.

5. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I agree completely.

Handlebar, zer05ive and wvhellbilly like this.
  6. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Double Ditto!

7. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Agreed.

zer05ive likes this.
  8. jobyone

jobyone Premium

I agree 100%

zer05ive likes this.
  9. Daniel Pinho

Daniel Pinho

Agreed

zer05ive likes this.
  10. nmcp1

nmcp1

This is nmcp1 from S.N.A.I.L racing and I approved the above message. :tup: :D

zer05ive and KTR5 like this.
  11. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I'll add another story to this one. A driver completely missed a brake point and made the decision to turn their car toward the apex of the corner that they were carrying way too much speed to have any chance of making the corner. The decision to turn toward the apex put another driver in jeopardy and resulted in a penalty. The driver could have done one simple thing to avoid the penalty. Instead of pointing their car at the apex in a futile attempt to make a corner they had no chance of making, they should have turned their car away from the apex and miss the corner to the outside where they couldn't do any damage to anyone else. This simple act would have avoided any penalty and earned some respect from the other drivers in the division. It is better to take yourself out of contention than it is to take yourself and someone else out of contention.

12. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

I wholeheartedly agree!

zer05ive likes this.
  13. CCraft

CCraft

Agree for sure but being as I'm in d8 I feel I'm more lenient with mistakes especially when I can tell it was unintentional I mean being as I'm in the slowest division and with more beginners should I be lenient or should I be harder on people not that I have many problems anyway just curious for future reference

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  14. RebelYeller73

RebelYeller73

Nicely Put And So True.
    I Don't Always Reply To Posts But When I Do I Capitalize Every Word!

zer05ive and Troggy like this.
  15. Skills

Skills Premium

I agree.

zer05ive likes this.
  16. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

I agree with this statement.

zer05ive likes this.
  17. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

the rules are the same for Area 51 as for D8 and everything in between. If you feel that someone is being too aggressive, excessive bumping, dive bombing, etc. File Incidents. The stewards will review the incident from a impartial point of view.

Mistakes will happen, but if they don't get addressed, the same mistake may continue over and over and may never get fixed.

On the other side of the coin, sometimes when racing with new drivers (beginning of the month) I am a little lenient as we are learning new break points, styles of driving, etc. But poor race craft in general always needs to be addressed.

zer05ive likes this.
  18. CCraft

CCraft

Understood

zer05ive likes this.
  19. joe_diben

joe_diben

Agreed

zer05ive likes this.
  20. K1utch

K1utch

lolool I wish joe. still working on it lol

21. Rockhound18

Rockhound18 Premium

I agree with the statement on penalties as well.

Also, can anyone briefly explain differences between practicing in arcade TT mode versus using a SNAIL online lobby for practice? I'm talking in terms of lap times; is there any reason to expect faster times in one versus the other?

zer05ive likes this.
  22. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I agree and I'm going to expand on this a little.

If you witness an act that is against your understanding of the SNAILOLR, report it. It doesn't have to directly affect you.

Traditionally, at least with GT5 and I suspect GT6 as well, online rooms generally have less grip than offline. Whether this is due to a different physics model being used or just network and/or processor lag doesn't matter. It's there and unfortunately we must deal with it. When I first started online racing and even when I first started with SNAIL, I would practice a lot in offline mode. I would always have slower lap times and the car just wouldn't react the same way in online mode. This effect even came up when I would practice in online mode with myself as host. For the last year or so I never practice for online races in my own lobby or in offline mode for that simple reason. The cars just don't act the same.

zer05ive likes this.
  23. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

You will get faster lap times in Arcade TT mode. I believe this is because of tire wear factors, but some have also reported physics differences when playing online. Practice online if you can.

24. DrKronin

DrKronin Premium

Doctor approved! :tup:

zer05ive and nmcp1 like this.
  25. elsbury2

elsbury2

Agreed

zer05ive likes this.
  26. The Engineer

The Engineer

Agreed 100%

zer05ive likes this.
  27. tezgm99

tezgm99

Sounds fine to me :)

zer05ive likes this.
  28. K1utch

K1utch

wow I cannot believe I won prize A. AND I know the perfect combination. We need faster cars and more livery. SO I did some testing and thought of a combo that I think satisfies the need for speed and at the same time a lil technical for skill and technique with a good track to compliment it I feel. Where do I report my combo at guys? I think a lot of people will like this one. ITs easy but also very deep in terms of mastering both he car and the course together to make a truly blistering lap time and I think this compliments it completely

29. IceWarden

IceWarden

Report it right here as usual.

30. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Post it here. Do you now understand why I wanted you to wait before doing the work of testing car and track and trying to figure out which one to keep.

Pifachu likes this.