◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,960 comments
For weather, everything should be set to 0. No weather whatsoever.

To add to rally's post; the obvious exception being if someone requests we have a wet race in which case everything has to be cranked up to full with 0 changeability.

For weather, everything should be set to 0. No weather whatsoever. Also. There is a bug that affects handling after a pit stop. It seems that grip and speed both drop after a pit. And not in a "just filled an empty tank" way. Fresh on the track and fresh out of the pits should handle near enough the same, which isn't the case.
I thought that you still need to pick a time/progression - there's no "0" setting for time on time-variable tracks? I could be wrong though, can someone comfirm?

There is an absolute value both up and down. So the absolute lowest value you can pick is what you should pick. To answer your semantic question flatline.
Tez, did that ever make it past discussion? I can't remember, but I am nearly positive we had a policy against weather. And I am positive we have never used weather, other than sunny.

There is an absolute value both up and down. So the absolute lowest value you can pick is what you should pick. To answer your semantic question flatline.
Not sure what you mean by this. Last night when we switched to Spa in the practice room, the time isn't a 0-10 or whatever scale... you pick exact time of day, variability, etc. So if you're talking about variability being set to 0, fine... but what would the time of day be set at? If the lowest value you can pick for time of day is like 1300 or something then that makes sense but if it goes to 0000 then it would make no sense to have all races on time variable tracks start at midnight, in which case we'd need a definite time and progression settings for those races.

Edit: or is all the way to the left = 1300 race start time? If so then that makes sense too. I could check when I get home but I'm at work and curious so I figured I'd ask.

Weather is not used because we can't control it to the point that it would be consistent from division to division thus making comparison of lap times useless. As far as time of day, it should be set to the same start time for every division and set in a way that does not accelerate the passage of time in any way.

Weather is not used because we can't control it to the point that it would be consistent from division to division thus making comparison of lap times useless. As far as time of day, it should be set to the same start time for every division and set in a way that does not accelerate the passage of time in any way.
Mumble, mumble, comparison of lap times, mumble, mumble, across divisions, mumble, mumble, is obviously not of paramount importance, mumble, mumble, when not all divisions use the same rules...murmur, murmur...

I'll look and see what the default time is for Spa and post what time it should start unless @zer05ive has an idea for a standard race start time for S.N.A.I.L.

Seems like noon makes since or if noon is not an option then the earliest time available.
It is consistent with 100% weather at start, 0 changeability and 100% surface water.
Imagine how fun the RX7 would have been in the rain;)

I'll look and see what the default time is for Spa and post what time it should start unless @zer05ive has an idea for a standard race start time for S.N.A.I.L.
All this time in SNAIL and I have never heard a problem with the time of day settings on tracks. Can we nit pick some more please?

Mumble, mumble, comparison of lap times, mumble, mumble, across divisions, mumble, mumble, is obviously not of paramount importance, mumble, mumble, when not all divisions use the same rules...murmur, murmur...

Hey, it works well for D2 through D8. It's not our fault that D1 is "special".

Seems like noon makes since or if noon is not an option then the earliest time available.
Imagine how fun the RX7 would have been in the rain;)

That's kind of what I'm thinking.

Sounds good. There were a couple Sunday races in the past where the official race was at a different time than what people were practicing with.

It'd be kind of cool if the prize winner would pick the start time for time-variable tracks... What if they want to do a sunset race at ____ or a midnight race at _______. That'd be cool! But I could also see how it is just another thing that could get "messed up"

All this time in SNAIL and I have never heard a problem with the time of day settings on tracks. Can we nit pick some more please?
It's just a discussion, and a valid one IMO. If you don't want to "nit pick" then don't.

Time of day and weather settings do make a difference for people that practice.

It's just a discussion, and a valid one IMO. If you don't want to "nit pick" then don't.

Time of day and weather settings do make a difference for people that practice.
If it's a SPEC room then all settings regarding track environment should be default? Let's not make all the room hosts have to go in and change the time of day for every track. There is enough to do already. Default time of day should cover it right?

If it's a SPEC room then all settings regarding track environment should be default? Let's not make all the room hosts have to go in and change the time of day for every track. There is enough to do already. Default time of day should cover it right?

Default would be ideal but I have to check it out and make sure that if you make a change for something else on the track, that it will go back to the default setting the next time you load the track. I was going to practice today, but I guess I'll spend my afternoon checking time of day on tracks. If there is a problem with something like that, I will have to pick a set time to use.

Before anyone asks, no you may not use the Megane race car in place of the base model. The car selected was the base model so that is what everyone will be using. If you show up with the wrong car and race it, you will be DQ's from any races that you used the wrong car.

Default would be perfectly fine. I guess that since I have personally seen different times being used for practice vs. racing, I wasn't sure if there was a set default time or if it just goes by the last time that the host had set. I can't think of any other explanation really. I'm pretty sure even within a single practice/race session it was noted recently for the Mt. Panorama combo that the race time was different from what everyone was practicing at, even immediately prior to the race. But that could have been due to time progression I suppose.

Technical Director Ruling

In the course settings section when setting up an online room, there are seven options.

Course and Laps are pretty self explanatory.

Weather will be set at 0

Time will be left unchanged. It resets every time you load up the track. I will provide a list of default time for all tracks in the very near future. If you want to ensure you set it up properly, just pick a different track and then come back to the track you want. The start time resets to default each time the track is selected.

Time progression will be set to 1. You will need to change this when setting up the room.

Weather change will be set to 0

Surface water will be set to 0

So once @zer05ive updates page 1, (and to show kindness to the fishes) we will show:

Combo 1

Hailing from the second cluster of dealerships, based in Asia... The roaring kitten of FR power....

Gran Turismo 350Z RS (395 hp / 498 PP)
At Silverstone International on Sport Medium Tires (9-10 laps)

Combo 2

The French Dervish, a fast MR Screaming across the Belgian landscape, actually pointed forward...

Renault Sport - Megane Trophy Base Model '11 (377 hp / 518 PP)
At Circuit Spa Francorchamps on Racing Hard tires (4 laps)

Combo 3

The big daddy of em all, a tire shredding monster known as... Last week's combo 3!

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 TC
At Nuburgring GP/F

Last edited:
While the thread is sitting in this little lull I'll take the time to plug this. :D In a few hours I will be sending PM's to the people who liked this post so we can talk about setting up a small drift event in an upcoming Friday. If you want to join in the conversation tonight then go check out the post. I hope we can get enough interest for this. 👍

Not sure what you mean by this. Last night when we switched to Spa in the practice room, the time isn't a 0-10 or whatever scale... you pick exact time of day, variability, etc. So if you're talking about variability being set to 0, fine... but what would the time of day be set at? If the lowest value you can pick for time of day is like 1300 or something then that makes sense but if it goes to 0000 then it would make no sense to have all races on time variable tracks start at midnight, in which case we'd need a definite time and progression settings for those races.

Edit: or is all the way to the left = 1300 race start time? If so then that makes sense too. I could check when I get home but I'm at work and curious so I figured I'd ask.
As far as I was aware, you could pick from 13:00 until 21:00 in GT5. I didn't take into account that GT6 would be different, since they are at some point (pshhh, believe it when I see it) going to implement that weather do-dad, and I have never adjusted the time itself in GT6.

Am I missing something? Why is there all this talk of track settings as that's only relevant to the Weather:Variable/Time:Variable version of Spa? Can't we just use the standard non adjustable version?

Speaking of shameless plugs...
Come out tonight and get some mud on your face!! Tonight we are running hot hatches in the snow, mud and rain. It all takes place with WEIRD!

Good time, grinding in mud/gravel, snow/ice, and slippery tarmac. Like a winter commute, but it is actually something to enjoy and laugh while doing!

How the hell do I delete msgs from my SNAIL inbox? I assume it is possible, but for the life of me I can't find a delete option.

Wait... You don't frame yours? Am I the only one?

Good time, grinding in mud/gravel, snow/ice, and slippery tarmac. Like a winter commute, but it is actually something to enjoy and laugh while doing!

Wait... You don't frame yours? Am I the only one?
I assume you don't know either, huh. It's weird. It should be an obvious option, but I can't find it.

Back