Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. tezgm99

tezgm99

I concur. In the DTC last night I had, quite possibly, the most fun I've ever had on GTP when a bunch of us raced with Daihatsu Sirion/Storia X4's and Honda Elements at Ascari.

USERID_77a23, Nish and JoeW like this.
  2. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

quite the opposite... the faster you run... the more gap between 1st, 2nd, .... last. Fast race cars usually are not very conducive to close racing. Look at the gap times with the Renault Megane for example... or what happened last weekend at the Malaysian GP F1 race.

Only 8 cars ended up on the lead lap. :boggled:

3. racefan78

racefan78

That made little to no sense. How could we be fast if we're running slower lines?

JoeW likes this.
  4. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Don't know what ur talking about but I can tell you your wrong us fast guys can drive
    Anything fast or slow, street car or race car :lol:

gmraces, Neovre, KTR5 and 1 other person like this.
  5. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

D1 guys can even type faster than the rest of us!

6. rankings18

rankings18 Premium

If we are required to use RH on the car I suggested then it would probably be overkill

7. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

My pick has to be the Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

I think this car is much better suited for deep forest.

8. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

So a quick question can a person that has won Prize A pick a combo that involves rally? Just wanted to know.

9. CCraft

CCraft

Lol ok what I was referring to is I have followed some faster guys and the lines and the way they drive seems slower on a turn by turn basis but overall it makes for a very fast lap because its probably the smoothest line where as I may take a faster line through each corner I can and then I'm not set up for the next corner properly so now I've lost time after just two corners just something I need to work on

10. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

So are you saying that..
    [​IMG]

Mark II, ptslopoke, Nish and 3 others like this.
  11. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Hence, your line is not faster...

JoeW, Neovre, racefan78 and 1 other person like this.
  12. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

In many cases, slow in = fast out. So you may be catching up to them at turn-in but you will need to scrub more speed off in the turn, or wait before you can accelerate at exit, and by then they are already going faster than you.

dgaf95integra, ptslopoke and KTR5 like this.
  13. lousteezy

lousteezy

If @ExoSphere64 is not able to attend I will gladly team up with @TEX36 to represent D6.

Wolfsatz likes this.
  14. CCraft

CCraft

Exactly somehow it works IDK but I do remember someone telling me "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast"

15. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

Agreed, my rule of thumb is focusing on exit speed...mid corner and corner entry will come along as you improve. You can easily gain/lose SECONDS with having a fast/slow exit speed (think about how much time you would gain going 5 mph faster down an ENTIRE straight at spa) Corner Entry if you are doing it incorrectly you are only losing tenths not seconds. Remember before you bash this...this is typically and sort of a rule of thumb that I personally use

I recommend doing a lot of the single turn license tests again if you haven't got all golds, that will show you where you are and where you are supposed to be, by racing your own ghost and slowly improving upon yourself.

16. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Maybe that is why us "earthlings" run into the back of faster drivers at a tight corner (Turn 1 at Spa). We scrub off speed "during the turn" which reduces our exit speed. Hmmmm, I must remember that ........ but then my memory isn't speaking to me much these days.

hooker4, intoflatlines and CCraft like this.
  17. CCraft

CCraft

That's what I'm talking about

joe_diben likes this.
  18. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

if you have not done so yet.. I also recommend the I Racing Tutorials in youtube.

CCraft likes this.
  19. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

D4 drivers who are making suggestions. Do NOT post a car you are thinking about suggesting. Only make one post with your suggestion. Multiple suggestions will void all the suggestions you made. If you post the name of a car, it is your suggestion. You also need to read the rules regarding cars and the tires they run before you suggest a car. It's in the first post in this thread.

KTR5 likes this.
  20. tezgm99

tezgm99

I believe you are free to pick a rally car, but not a snow/dirt track....zer0 will likely have final say however :/

Also, not sure if anyone has seen this but I reckon it's pretty funky:
    [​IMG]

Nish and Jakedog23 like this.
  21. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

Wheel to wheel racing on snow can be quite fun...but I wouldn't want to put hours of practice in and race for points.

22. racefan78

racefan78

I just ordered this as a poster to hang up in my new room/racing cave next semester.

tezgm99 likes this.
  23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

While there is no rule specifically prohibiting the selection of a rally track, do you really think that choosing a dirt or snow track would provide close clean racing? Just the visibility issues alone would make it an absolute cluster.

It has been one of those "unwritten rules" of S.N.A.I.L. that you don't pick dirt or snow and you don't pick something that is randomly generated each time it's chosen. If anyone is starting to get these ideas, it may be time to make the unwritten rule written.

24. lousteezy

lousteezy

Practice room open.

1472-6399-8880-6894-8559

25. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

Cough, cough, who got third this month I wonder? :sly:

Jakedog23 likes this.
  26. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Ok that's all I needed to know since I am fairly new to SNAIL Just needed to know.

27. CCraft

CCraft

what is this it's hard for me to see it on mobile didn't mean to quote slopoke

28. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Im guessing is you... if exo cannot make it; can you?

29. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

You know it.

30. serge19

serge19

Yes I can race this friday

nmcp1 likes this.