◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
If I am part time now and race all races this season I should be moved back to full time correct?

Anyone wanna get some early practice in?

Respectfully post request to join.
PSN euclid58
@euclid58,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Just want to say to all ROC competitors, good luck tonight and wish I could be there but unfortunately this 12hr shift at work doesnt agree with my snail schedule. Anyway, have fun tonight and floyd make sure you represent d5 and pull off some wins.:sly: But im sure you will give them heck. Snail for life!
I didn't get to race some happened had to miss maybe next time sorry for not letting u all know I couldn't get service

Last edited:
I think I need to race a lil bit more lol. My drifting is on point just gotta work on them race skills. Tbh doing drift comps are a lot more stressful then racing for me at least........gonna put in work this month
Just don't drift before a race. Nothing I have done was more counter productive to a good nights race than drifting before league night.

Just don't drift before a race. Nothing I have done was more counter productive to a good nights race than drifting before league night.

actually its quite the opposite. last week i did full lap drifts around deep forest(which i normally do anyway since the track has a nice flow) hours before race time. in the battle i had with @rob1nh000d i was using somewhat of a drift line using the tires to the max

Anyone have more insight on this matter? Is it worth trying? And on which cars?

It's hit or miss on if it actually serves any benefit. The only car I ever really really noticed a major difference was the R92CP with turbos installed, and it was mostly noticeable under braking and entry (less understeer). I've never seen a very scientific or well researched answer to this question, but I've seen others say "this helps if it feels like the car is always driving on marbles," and most comments have been focused around Class C / LMP cars with a few hundred miles on them. (Maybe that's just because the faster you go the more handling issues are magnified?)

So for something like the Dino (and some others I've been around for in SNAIL), I found that adjusting brake balance/straight line braking was just as effective at maintaining the cars balance (as I also didn't realize it was legal to add rigidity). So I'd say it's probably worth considering if the entry handling still feels unacceptably soft after adjusting the brake balance.

This may be totally off though. :D What do others think?

Practice Room:
1472-6118-3701-4253-1417
Disco'd, new room coming shortly.

1472-6118-3658-4756-5908
I really hope this is a sign for what's ahead tonight, rebooting router/modem, another new room number coming shortly.

1472-4711-0167-3383-1571
Now I can't even stay logged into PSN, I'll try again later...

Last edited:
So I was watching some of the F1 race just now and the commentator made one of the best statements I have ever heard pertaining to SNAIL race craft.

Ricciardo was trying to make late braking move on Raikkonen almost to the point of a dive bomb. Raikkonen saw him coming and gave him room and still kept his position.

The announcer said in regards to Raikkonen's heads up driving "well it's absolutely no good to close the barn door when the horse is halfway through it".

A lot of people would shut the door and possibly cause a crash.

So I was watching some of the F1 race just now and the commentator made one of the best statements I have ever heard pertaining to SNAIL race craft.

Ricciardo was trying to make late braking move on Raikkonen almost to the point of a dive bomb. Raikkonen saw him coming and gave him room and still kept his position.

The announcer said in regards to Raikkonen's heads up driving "well it's absolutely no good to close the barn door when the horse is halfway through it".

A lot of people would shut the door and possibly cause a crash.
Saw this! Just awesome race craft.

Very exciting race.

Talking about dive bombs... Stupid Maldonado just took out Gutierrez in what is now a Classic Lotus Dive Bomb!

It flipped the car! :crazy:

Last edited:
@Oshawa-Joe...why am I on the part time section of D3? I'm preety regular. Just missed 2 weeks but came back last sunday.

I believe if you miss more than 1 week in a season you are moved to part-time for the next season. If you make 3 or more this season you should get right back to full-time status.

Back