◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,794 comments
I don't know who you asked but they gave you the wrong answer. If you start the qualifying, you get credit for starting race 1 of a combo and would get last place points just as if you had DC's during the race.

Issue clarified.

It was me. It's always been my understanding that if you weren't on the grid for the race, you got no points. You didn't start the race.

I stand corrected.

A supreme bummer...I'll just have to practice even harder this week. Not even PD will keep me down!
Great racing from everyone in D6 last night! :cheers:

@Mirado_7 I am very sorry for your disconnection. It happens to all of us (it seems) and sometimes at the VERY worst of times. Not to bring any glory to myself, and I don't know if you caught any of this, but last week in the Race Of Champions, I was leading at Ascari, with quite a distance to the 2nd place driver, and according to @chatva, my lead was increasing and it was nearing the end of the race when I got disconnected. Can you imagine the disappointment I felt? I mean I might have actually taken a first place in the inaugural Race Of Champions from D7! I was actually in shock (I could feel it in my body), I had worked so hard in that race and, of course, in practice leading up to it. (I had even gotten hit and knocked off in the first race when I was in 6th place ending up almost last.) And to be honest with you, it took almost everything I had to start the third race. The only thought in my mind was that it was not worth it. I had to completely ignore my emotions, and even my partial body shutdown, and my mind, and tell myself it is always best to keep going. The only thing I had to left to hang onto was a principle... and my steering wheel. I am only putting this out there in case it might somehow help a little in dealing with this. My surprising finish last night in D6 brought some soothing to my very recent wound. I am glad you are able to keep going, and I hope that I as well, and all others that have this experience, can also say 'Not even PD will keep us down!"

:( but determined.

:gtpflag:S.N.A.I.L. :gtpflag: and :gtplanet: and PD!

Last edited:
It was me. It's always been my understanding that if you weren't on the grid for the race, you got no points. You didn't start the race.

I stand corrected.

It had to be changed for GT6 because if you get DC'd in qualifying, you can't reenter before the race starts. In GT5 you could get DC'd during qualifying and the host could give you your three minutes to come back before starting the race. This isn't the case in GT6 so we treat starting qualifying as starting the race.

Thanks @kcheeb. I didn't want to throw you under the bus. But you must like getting run over :)

No problem. Be accountable 👍

Some men know how to stand up and admit they were incorrect and it doesn't really affect their ego much. @kcheeb is one of those men. :bowdown::cheers:

:lol: I'll take the :cheers: the :bowdown: is a little over the top, even for you ;)

Thanks for explaining the change @JLBowler 👍

Here's some bad racecraft.

UnpleasantHiddenApisdorsatalaboriosa.gif

Maldonado blames Gutierrez.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...ames-gutierrez-for-leaving-him-nowhere-to-go/

Looks like Gutierrez does turn in a little late, but Maldonado was going way too fast to try and take the inside line, and he didn't have overlap either.

Maldonado is an idiot; he doesnt even start turning until right before the pylon and not breaking early enough! Gutierrez is taking a very good defensive line. He is now competing with Grosean for the best divebomb of the year.

I despise Maldonado, since blaming Williams for "sabotaging" his car last year, he's shown to be nothing more than a sub par driver out of his league, the only reason teams take him is because of his Venezuelan money backing, which is shady by itself.

Totally Agree!

:lol: I'll take the :cheers: the :bowdown: is a little over the top, even for you ;)
Thanks for explaining the change @JLBowler 👍

LOL. Damn right you will. The only time I've really ever seen you get your undies in a tight bundle is when someone, who will remain unnamed at this time, goes all maldonado like on your dataz.

normal_harddrivekitty_copy.jpeg

If folks knew what I know, it wasn't over the top. But, we've agreed to disagree about that.

Last edited:
Sorry D5 For Not Showing Up Last Night, I Was Working On My New Racing Set Up! It's Only 85% Done, ShouldBe Up And ready To Rock This Weekend!

Well Thanks to this new added update. All of my save data has now been officially deleted. So once again I have to start all over. My anger is beyond comprehension as of right now. Thanks a lot PD. You really know how to keep your community happy. I'm off

Well Thanks to this new added update. All of my save data has now been officially deleted. So once again I have to start all over. My anger is beyond comprehension as of right now. Thanks a lot PD. You really know how to keep your community happy. I'm off
Wat. Did your PS3 get corrupted during the download or something? Or it just wiped your GT6 data only without any warning or issue?

Wat. Did your PS3 get corrupted during the download or something? Or it just wiped your GT6 data only without any warning or issue?

Hey @K1utch, please give more information on this? I updated this morning and all my replays were still there, but didn't check pictures.

You need to start saving a backup.

Is there any way we could figure out a way to have combos available on Monday instead of Thursday? I really don't have time to practice on the weekend and if I'm going to be stuck racing against D1 drivers I need more time to prepare.

Well, D4 was a blast last night. Floyd, you may even be D3 material if you keep at the head of our pack that consistently. And kudos for racing clean in the reverse grids, from what I saw. I've gotta get some pointers from you on a couple of these tracks. I did pretty terrible last night - did okay at Deep Forest, just plain slow at Tsukuba, and then at Apricot Hill I went off on the first race (on my own), and got bumped into the sand on the second go-round. I guess it's time to start practicing mid-week again instead of just the hour before race night.
Yes I don't care to help u if u can get on wensday ill be happy to help and anyone else from d4 or other division

I have an issue that is definitely bothering me now. Is there any sort of qualifying bug? Since GT6 started that I have no idea what is qualifying above 6th position! Even when I was on D4 ending up winning the division, I was always at the back of the grid on race 1 of any combo!
As an exemple, I qualified dead last with the Lancia last night and ended up winning the second race giving no chances to the competition. Do I sleep walk during qualifying laps? I don't get it!
I'm a notoriously bad qualifier. I rarely put down anything close to my fastest lap. However you shouldn't end up at the back of the grid if you put in a decent lap...unless penalties are off and you're the only driver who didn't cut turn 3.

One qualifying issue I have run into is related to load times and/or where they start you on the track. At Apricot hill they plopped my car right on the chicane barely moving. My first lap was 2 seconds off pace even though I nailed it. I moved up on the second lap but it wasn't as good.

LOL. Damn right you will. The only time I've really ever seen you get your undies in a tight bundle is when someone, who will remain unnamed at this time, goes all maldonado like on your dataz.

If folks knew what I know, it wasn't over the top. But, we've agreed to disagree about that.

Or when someone says that DTC is better than Kart racing ;)

Is there any way we could figure out a way to have combos available on Monday instead of Thursday? I really don't have time to practice on the weekend and if I'm going to be stuck racing against D1 drivers I need more time to prepare.

Sarcasm on/ Sure, we'll move the deadline to submit incident reports to 30 minutes after the Sunday night racing is finished. We'll institute a deadline of 2AM ET Monday morning for all replays to be uploaded. We will set a deadline of Noon ET on Monday for steward reviews to be done. At that point all the results will be official and the prize winners can begin to make their selections. They will only have until 2PM ET on Monday to do that or we will have to switch over to suggestions from the other division members and then a vote. Two hours to make suggestions and two hours to vote ought to be enough time for that. Combos could be announced by 6PM ET on Monday.

That wouldn't be impossible for anyone, would it? /sarcasm off

Sarcasm on/ Sure, we'll move the deadline to submit incident reports to 30 minutes after the Sunday night racing is finished. We'll institute a deadline of 2AM ET Monday morning for all replays to be uploaded. We will set a deadline of Noon ET on Monday for steward reviews to be done. At that point all the results will be official and the prize winners can begin to make their selections. They will only have until 2PM ET on Monday to do that or we will have to switch over to suggestions from the other division members and then a vote. Two hours to make suggestions and two hours to vote ought to be enough time for that. Combos could be announced by 6PM ET on Monday.

The fish slap is strong with this one.

Anyone use a Thrustmaster racing wheel to race with? If so how is it?

As the Logitech G27 is to the DFGT, so is the T500RS wheel and pedal set to the G27. If you have the scratch to spend on it, do it. If not, get the G27.

That is totally reasonable! If I get paid $25/hr for doing all the reviews lol

Last night was a lot of fun, and intense at times in a good way. I got my first two wins and my first two disconnects. The first disco was the most frustrating as I was in third on Tsukuba on lap six, which was a vindication of sorts of my previous race with the Miata, wherein I was plagued by oversteer (that never popped up in practice). The next disco was as the countdown clock hit one on the start of the next race after a poor qualifying attempt at Apricot Hill. I have never had disco problems previously, and I was tempted to just call it a night at that point, assuming I'd be kicked during the next race. I'm glad I didn't, as I ended up finishing that one for the win, though by just the skin of my teeth (1/8 of a mile more and Floyd would have had me).

I am now the replay uploader for D4. This AM I uploaded the four replays I had - the game did not allow me to access the replays for the two races I was disconnected from.

Back