◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
I'm fine with a little side-by-side contact assuming the cars are about even on the track...it's the front quarterpanel to rear quarter panel contact that bugs me...

I think you missed the end of one of my posts :) I'll copy it here:

I know exactly what incidents chuyler is talking about and they are not representative of typical D1 conduct. Such side contact can occur occasionally, but concessions need to be made. If you divebomb someone off the track and they spin in the dirt, you need to wait until they get back in front of you, period. Apologies are not enough. Replays will be uploaded for steward reviews a little later today.

My comments defending contact were aimed at D1 driving in general, you were the recipient of some chrome horn action that was not kosher in my eyes.

BLANCPAIN GT Series
at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza)

10007460_265590270269612_740092633_n.jpg

In honor of 2013 USA GT Academy Champion, Nick McMillen racing at Monza this coming weekend, April 13th, I would like to propose a small contest. @GumballCGT (Nick) will be racing in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3. Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to a little time trial contest.

1. Purchase (in the Nissan dealership) GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 (Cr. 350,000) with racing hard tires. Only an oil change is allowed.
  • PP = 617
  • HP = 621
  • Weight = 1350 kg

2. Run laps at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza) in an online lobby. These laps can be done on your own or in a group. Please follow all current S.N.A.I.L. regulations regarding tuning and clean racecraft.

3. Reply to this post with your best lap time. Please include the entire full time, i.e., m:ss.sss / 1:30.000. DEADLINE TO POST LAP TIME IS FRIDAY, APRIL 11th at 8:00 AM ET. We are running this "On your honor." Please post your honest best lap. A screenshot is also advised to be posted.

4. Whoever is closest to Nick's fastest lap time wins.

5. PRIZE TO BE ANNOUNCED. Waiting to hear about an upgrade to the prize I was originally going to offer. More details to follow soon.
Awesome idea! Speaking of Nick, @kcheeb thought it would be cool if we were to sponsor Nick for his upcoming season.. So for the past few months, we've been working with GTA Global and Nick to become a sponsor! Of course, advertising in motorsports isn't cheap.. So we've put together a sponsorship program and gift packages for whoever would like to help! Details coming soon..

Last edited:
Is there a possibility that a change in prize winners will change which combo will stay? Or am I free to drop a bunch of time into the Mazda at Tsukuba?

No, there won't be any changes in that respect. You are safe to practice the Mazda at Tsukuba all you want.

He disconnected before the completion of qualifying, as shown by screenshots I took immediately after qualifying before we got to the grid. He was sitting in P1 before he disconnected though.

This is correct. I ran my laps and pulled to the side of the track to wait out the timer and I was DC'd due to in part to my daughter streaming WrestleMania and my wife downloading more crap she doesn't need. I would have had the pole by .2 seconds had I stayed connected for another three seconds.

@Dragonwhisky

I'd say we are fairly even on track and it mostly comes down to the combo making the difference. Practice too obviously.

You might say that. I won't. ;) 👍

There have been to many times where you've either wandered off in the sunset or chased me down if I did start ahead of you for me to agree with being "fairly even".

I'm fine with a little side-by-side contact assuming the cars are about even on the track...it's the front quarterpanel to rear quarter panel contact that bugs me...that can easily be avoided by lifting up a little. You can't tell me that D1 drivers don't know where the corners of their cars are. A little love tap to upset the other driver eventually gives you the edge you need to make pass down the line. I got a few of those Sunday night but none turned into passes (except the ones I filed reports on)...they just wore me down to the point where I tried to avoid the next one by over driving my line. I'm guessing that was the intent...which is what D1 drivers appear to be saying is part of racing. I know it is...I'm just stating that I don't like it, it slows me down, and make me look like a worse driver than I am.
I agree with this person, being a first time in d2 as he is first time in d1. Being a first timer, after reading th olr and reading the forums the concensus is race clean. Tsukuba race one in d2 Sunday, I went in with the mindset of respect and comradery, my main focus was not to be first place it was to avoid contact. I was in a position to defend my place with gtp Parker, but I evaluated the chances of pulling it off and causing contact. Contact slows me and you down. I finished 7th or something overall in points with 2 podium finishes, I gotta say that's not bad for a first timer.

All in all I hope that the orl is respected to the T across board, specially in d1, they should be considered the formula one of snail racing. And the fia is far from lenient on contact. Be fast but have respect, who knows maybe today you concede a position to an adversary to avoid an incident and in the future maybe he will remember your actions and concede one back given the same situation.

All in all I hope that the orl is respected to the T across board, specially in d1, they should be considered the formula one of snail racing. And the fia is far from lenient on contact. Be fast but have respect, who knows maybe today you concede a position to an adversary to avoid an incident and in the future maybe he will remember your actions and concede one back given the same situation.

This. Unequivocally this. Give your opponents room to drive and most of them will reciprocate when/if the shoe is on the other foot.

I can't count how many times I've given room on the inside and still maintained whatever advantage I had going in, coming out. This just happened with dabney and I in that race I mentioned earlier. I gave him the inside line at the entrance to the hairpin and he gave me room on the outside on the exit. I came out ahead by the next turn.

I think you missed the end of one of my posts :) I'll copy it here:

My comments defending contact were aimed at D1 driving in general, you were the recipient of some chrome horn action that was not kosher in my eyes.
I'm actually not really talking about the incidents I filed, more about the ones I didn't file because they weren't egregious enough to affect the outcome of the race at that particular moment. I just felt like I couldn't late or even mid apex the entire night without someone running up to my rear quarter panel. But anyway...I think we've talked it to death. I want to look forward, not back. We'll see how next week goes. I do know that one of the drivers I was involved with appologized profusely after the fact, which goes a long way...if I see him behind me for more than a few laps he will likely get a free pass.

Nice, and you presumably made it to GTA using the DFGT too?

Side note - I don't know you are from the show, but I wish they would have interviewed you and stated your PSN like they did with others... "My name is _______, and my PSN ID is Hugh Jayness." :D
Haha, I had no idea who he was the other night in a practice room, and almost insta booted him on name alone. Glad I gave him time to show he was in fact not a Hugh Jayness.:lol:

This is as much to Chuyler as to anyone who "gets hit" and wonders if an incident should be filed...

I won't say you deserve getting hit, but you are entitled to the culture of acceptance that you allow. If you got hit and didn't file, you have made it clear that you accept being rammed. Don't complain if you accept it. Even better, find a series that accepts this.

If you did file, it will be addressed as best we can. Once those "Wheels of Almighty Steward Justice" begin turning, then things change, or people are asked to leave.

It is not a perfect system, but it is hard to blame the legislative branch here. The judiciary doesn't review what the executive branch doesn't enforce. The executive branch is every driver here. Act when necessary.

On a second note, @Neovre - I do not think that repeatedly tapping or hitting the driver in front of you is "psychological warfare or gamesmanship." It is a failure to follow the OLR, it should be punished as such. If you are the hitter, use the pedal called a brake, and adjust your brake point instead of hitting the car in front of you over and over.

I am of course talking about the slightest of touches that may put you off an inch or 2, but repeated bumps over and over again will not be tolerated, that is plain blatant. Just to clarify myself.

I'm actually not really talking about the incidents I filed, more about the ones I didn't file because they weren't egregious enough to affect the outcome of the race at that particular moment. I just felt like I couldn't late or even mid apex the entire night without someone running up to my rear quarter panel. But anyway...I think we've talked it to death. I want to look forward, not back. We'll see how next week goes. I do know that one of the drivers I was involved with appologized profusely after the fact, which goes a long way...if I see him behind me for more than a few laps he will likely get a free pass.
The problem is that when you get banged around by several drivers you think two things...do I file on everyone OR is this just how it is in Fight Club (D1)?

So largely things go unreported because we don't want to rock the proverbial boat and we don't want to be THAT guy who filed on everyone...then you are the A-Hole new guy.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Division 8 Data Summary
April 6, 2014

@wvhellbilly and @dcallnight battling for first at "The Hill"

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Top 5 Scores
@dcallnight - 87 point
@SCCARACER36 - 85 points
@wvhellbilly - 84 points
@Sharkb8ii - 81 points
@Rolly21581 - 79 pints

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @wvhellbilly 1:36.304
Round 2 : @dcallnight 59.409
Round 3 : @SCCARACER36 1:32.333

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @dcallnight
Round 1 Race 2 : @SCCARACER36
Round 2 Race 1 : @dcallnight
Round 2 Race 2 : @dcallnight
Round 3 Race 1 : @dcallnight
Round 3 Race 2 : @Sharkb8ii

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @dcallnight 1:36.308
Round 1 Race 2 : @dcallnight 1:37.794

Round 2 Race 1 : @dcallnight 59.497
Round 2 Race 2 : Unavailable

Round 3 Race 1 : @wvhellbilly 1:31.788
Round 3 Race 2 : @Sharkb8ii 1:31.663

Congratulations go to @dcallnight and @SCCARACER36 who picked up their first S.N.A.I.L. wins. Not only did @dcallnight pick up his first win, but notched 4 top podium spots for the night.

The best driving of the night has to go to @Rolly21581 who held off intense pressure first from @Sharkb8ii then from @wvhellbilly for close to 9 full laps to secure 2nd place.

Overall, it was a great night in Division 8 with some epic battles throughout the night, along with some of the cleanest racing I've seen to date since joining S.N.A.I.L. Hats off to all my D8 mates!!

Data has been uploaded, now where's my $shells???

I have reviewed many D1 replays in the past, as a former D1 Division Steward, and I have to say they drive on the very edge or limit. It's 101% at all times. That's what makes them aliens.

Is it dirty? Rarely, but we do have a variety of guys that visit the Division from time to time so they may bring some bad habits from where the raced. JoeW was 100% correct that it's a very hot kitchen in D1 due to all the reasons he mentioned. Have you guys even read the names of the guys that show up on occasion? It doesn't get more elite or alien than that list. If it's too hot...

Do guys make mistakes going 101%? Sure. Especially the 1.5 guys that are trying to keep up.

Are we S.N.A.I.L., having a highly sophisticated complaint reporting, review and penalty system to keep things in check? Always. Use it.

The problem is that when you get banged around by several drivers you think two things...do I file on everyone OR is this just how it is in Fight Club (D1)?

So largely things go unreported because we don't want to rock the proverbial boat and we don't want to be THAT guy who filed on everyone...then you are the A-Hole new guy.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Guys aren't afraid to use the report system in every other division.

Last edited:
Guys aren't afraid to use the report system in every other division.

This...but guys in D1 rarely use it because they don't want to be the guy that complained against a GT Academy hopeful/finalist. There's a lot of underlying damnation that goes with filing a complaint against a GT Academy driver.

All the other divisions are easy to file...no egos to bruise or GT Academy reputations to trod upon.

Awesome idea! Speaking of Nick, @kcheeb thought it would be cool if we were to sponsor Nick for his upcoming season.. So for the past few months, we've been working with GTA Global and Nick to become a sponsor! Of course, advertising in motorsports isn't cheap.. So we've put together a sponsorship program and gift packages for whoever would like to help! Details coming soon..
SAY WHAT?!!!?!?!!?!

I want to join snail. PSN- EvilTeddyBear426

Requesting to join. Looking forward to some good racing. Thanks for your consideration - PSN - grimgrnninghost

Sending a request to join. Psn is rmd2k1. Got a request sent to me via message on ps3.

I'm ready for some good competitive clean racing.

Seriously? Three new people join up within 4 minutes of each other?

Pick'em up!

images

I got a message about joining on psn. Figured why not ya know. Obviously I've raced against someone in this group that thinks i can cut the mustard so to speak to be able to get a request to join.

Since I haven't been following GT Academy, I'm not looking in my rearview mirror and getting star struck...but I do pay attention to qualifying lap times and I know the drivers I have a chance at competing with and those I don't. It's clear we've got D1 and D1.5 on the same track. My lap times put me on the low end of D1.5 but I think over the course of a season my consistency will put me mid pack.

Back