◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
What are the combos for this Sunday?
Won't be up until the prize winners decide hopefully by tomorrow. First time i'm doing this but you kind of asked for it.

fish slap.jpg

Attachments

• fish slap.jpg
    fish slap.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 9
You absolutely deserved the fish if you couldn't read the post two before yours. I'll even add an ESPN NFL reference to it, C'mon Man!!!

LOL!!! That just made my day especially after a long day of tests at school.

Edit: love when Chris makes funny of some of those stuff that happens during the game.

So, I've spent some time mulling it over, and I think it might be best to allow someone else to run the paint list. Someone who actively participates in Sunday events and such. At this point I have no intentions of returning for Sunday night events. If anyone would like to take over, feel free to PM and I will get you started on turning it over.

To continue on that tune. I plan on getting ever more involved in iRacing, and plan on pushing cheeb on getting a more active league going there. We are gaining slowly, but everyone that's joined is either a current or previous snail. I'd like to change that and get events going with a bigger grid. All in due time I'm sure.

On a side note, my ps3 has started working again(for now) so you cab expect to see me drifting and once we get the track creator, running touge rooms.

Dang, wish I was younger and had more time...iRacing reminds me off the old Nascar 2003 racing days. I could dust off my old TSW wheel and run some NASCAR tracks :) Just cannot get the hang of the GT6 sim.

BLANCPAIN GT Series
at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza)

10007460_265590270269612_740092633_n.jpg

In honor of 2013 USA GT Academy Champion, Nick McMillen racing at Monza this coming weekend, April 13th, I would like to propose a small contest. @GumballCGT (Nick) will be racing in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3. Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to a little time trial contest.

1. Purchase (in the Nissan dealership) GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 (Cr. 350,000) with racing hard tires. Only an oil change is allowed.
  • PP = 617
  • HP = 621
  • Weight = 1350 kg

2. Run laps at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza) in an online lobby. These laps can be done on your own or in a group. Please follow all current S.N.A.I.L. regulations regarding tuning and clean racecraft.

3. Reply to this post with your best lap time. Please include the entire full time, i.e., m:ss.sss / 1:30.000. DEADLINE TO POST LAP TIME IS FRIDAY, APRIL 11th at 8:00 AM ET. We are running this "On your honor." Please post your honest best lap. A screenshot is also advised to be posted.

4. Whoever is closest to Nick's fastest lap time wins.

5. 10 $hells. I am still waiting to hear about an opportunity to upgrade the prize. If the upgrade is available, I'll update this post at that time.

No new combo's? No problem!!!

Spend some time at Monza with your Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13. The prize at this time is 10 $hells to the driver who comes closets to Nick's fastest lap. A prize upgrade is still possible.

Short on cash? No problem also!

Option B - Under Single Player mode, select time trial, select Monza and the choose the GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. It is the same car, but you'll be without the oil change. Please specify if you used option B in your post. If you are the winner with the closest time via option B, you will win 5 $hells!

At this time, there are 5 entrants to the contest. Thank you to @martin20az @hooker4 @aliengamer25 @Neovre and @KTR5 (of course).

Last edited:
@Rallywagon could you send me a PM with the details of "running the color list"? I am interested.

I'm interested in the color list if @KTR5 decides otherwise. I know we've discussed a few things in the past

Once you guys decide who will take over as color/number manager, let me know so I can update the Team SNAIL roster! Just a thought but there is nothing written that says you both can't cover the job!

So I'm writing the post about passing technique and I really want to make some drawings to go with it but can't figure out how. Does anyone know of a simple program either free or online that I could draw some basic images of corners and driving lines on?

So I'm writing the post about passing technique and I really want to make some drawings to go with it but can't figure out how. Does anyone know of a simple program either free or online that I could draw some basic images of corners and driving lines on?

You could try using Paint on the pc. You can do all sorts of shapes, curves and lines.

Thanks guys I'm going to try out Gimp and see if I can make something that resembles something. I've tried a few other programs in my search and it's really apparent I can't draw. :banghead:

Thanks guys I'm going to try out Gimp and see if I can make something that resembles something. I've tried a few other programs in my search and it's really apparent I can't draw. :banghead:

I use Gimp all the time for a design class. It's a bit much at first, but it's a really powerful free program.

Did you just recommend MS Word for something? I'm shocked and appalled.

I use what I have, plus I don't have time or patience to learn Gimp/PS. And well, I've been using Word for longer than I'm willing to admit (early 90's). :odd:

Last edited:
Well, I've been doing a little practice with the Miata and so far so good. Got down to a 57.321, but running consistent 57.6's... I know I can get into the 56's, but that's going to be the lap to end all laps!

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Apr 06 2014
Penalty Rate 78%
Banner by dabneyd

Division 1 - 2 incidents on file
Hugh--Jayness
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 17 points.
  • 27 points total and 6 weeks probation
Division 5 - 5 incidents on file
GTP_lousteezy
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 7 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 13 points.
  • 20 points total and 6 weeks probation
JJLopez_427
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 7 points. 2 weeks probation.
TEX-36
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for on-track concession. 1 week probation.

Division 6 - 2 incidents on file
rob1nh000d
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation. 2 weeks probation remain

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to JLBowler, Neovro and tezgm99 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @kcheeb, these adjustments have been made in the director's and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

While I'm sure Gimp can do pretty much anything I need I'm clueless with it. I think I'm just going to go super old fashion and draw on paper and then take a picture unless my wife is able to figure it out for me. I feel like I'm turning into my parents looking at an Iphone going "where's the buttons?", "does it have a rotary dial option?".:banghead:

While I'm sure Gimp can do pretty much anything I need I'm clueless with it. I think I'm just going to go super old fashion and draw on paper and then take a picture unless my wife is able to figure it out for me. I feel like I'm turning into my parents looking at an Iphone going "where's the buttons?", "does it have a rotary dial option?".:banghead:

Pick an example corner you'd like to use from a track. I may be able to isolate it, then pass it back, you can import to MS paint or gimp and draw on it with either of those apps.

Back