Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

@ParkerMO125... I still can't believe you managed that, I had the best view right behind in 3rd. I was catching up, going into the chicane & tried to pressure the two of you into a mistake and take it but the quality of D2 racing definitely showed!

ParkerMO125 likes this.
  2. IceWarden

IceWarden

Is it gone? Haven't seen any results posted.

I liked it. Think I could have taken race 2 if I hadn't had someone spin in front of me and take me out. Caught the leaders but made a couple mistakes at the end. Race 1 was learning the combo...race 2 was throwing down faster laps :)

chatva likes this.
  3. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I'm pretty sure combo 2 is going to stay, unless D4 has 10 more people that voted for 2, and none for 1 or 3. That was the worst combo IMO. Oh well! Now I need to figure out how to shave 1.5 seconds off my lap times :censored:

4. BTB9195

BTB9195

Sounds good, the test and time trial are both completed and submitted :tup::tup:

Skills and intoflatlines like this.
  5. IceWarden

IceWarden

The Miata combo is weak simply because it becomes a procession due to the narrow track. That car could benefit from a wider track if it has to stay :/

Close racing and single file processions don't necessarily have to happen at the same time.

intoflatlines likes this.
  6. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Proof: combo 1 from last night. I just watched both replays and it was some incredibly close racing for most of us. Sometimes 3-4 of us wide headed down a straight or into a corner.

7. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

Division 3 Combo 1 Race 1
    Abarth 500 @ Apricot Hill

@dabneyd gets a no surprise pole position, but @Dragonwhisky gets an awesome launch at start...
    [​IMG]

and by turn 1 he is quickly on the attack.
    [​IMG]

This is a D3 Snail Group Hug between @Dragonwhisky @dabneyd & @Schmiggz

[​IMG]
    .. and @intoflatlines did not get invited to it
    [​IMG]

Battle for 3rd and the movement begins, @JLBowler leads @JoeW @Wolfsatz @dabneyd @intoflatlines
    [​IMG]

Hairpin Lap 1 and everyone trying different lines to avoid contact
    [​IMG]

Hairping Lap 1 same time frame from the back.
    [​IMG]

At the chicane DW leads the pack in 1st
    [​IMG]

But @Schmiggz is able to get a good run and uses draft advantage to pass and leads @Dragonwhisky into turn 1
    [​IMG]

Peek a Boo
    [​IMG]

Going into the chicane @Schmiggz still leading the pack
    [​IMG]

Close encounters of the 3rd kind and applying some pressure
    [​IMG]

... @Wolfsatz attacks the inside carefully without any contact...
    [​IMG]

...but @intoflatlines is able to keep the lead before coming to the hairpin...
    [​IMG]

...going into the 3rd lap, instead of going 2 wide I pull up and follow @intoflatlines setting up the chicane perfectly, meanwhile 2 pairs decide to go 2 wide which causes a pile up

[​IMG]

2 wide at the chicane DW and Bowler fighting for position..
    [​IMG]

...not being able to take the chicane at full speed...
    [​IMG]

.... which allows me to clear 4 position by the beginning of lap 4
    [​IMG]

... Lap 5 and the chicane and Schmigglio has about a 2 second lead
    [​IMG]

and the rest of the pack following closely
    [​IMG]

@JoeW leads @JLBowler fighting for 5th
    [​IMG]

Thanks to the breakdown of @Schmiggz abacus lap counter computer, he begins celebrating at the end of lap 5 and loses his precious advantage.
    [​IMG]
    Meanwhile, @Dragonwhisky sets up a text book pass on @intoflatlines by keeping momentum on the Ss and avoiding brakes and steals 3rd from him
    [​IMG]

Final Lap at the hairpin and 1st through 6th within a few meters (yards for you non metric kind of guys) of each other
    [​IMG]

50 Meters from the finish line @Schmiggz holds a lean lead
    [​IMG]

But at the finish line this is what 6 thousands of a second look like from different angles
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top 3
    [​IMG]

Abarth 500 '09
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This win was a total surprise, as I thought this was my weakest combo, but showing patience and knowing when to lift off instead of fighting each corner proved the key to going from dead last at lap 1, to sealing the win with 6 thousandths of a second.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Schmiggz, chatva, dcallnight and 11 others like this.
  8. ParkerMO125

ParkerMO125

i think my gf is going to leave me if i make her watch that one more time.

RobbiefromBC likes this.
  9. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

D4 drivers, if none of you can upload the replays from last night, can one of you please at least post the results last night here on the thread? @FloydC3's laptop is dead, so @ATLskydiver will be taking over as scorekeeper next week. In the meantime, @hooker4 can't load the results into the scoresheet until the morning. The problem with that is it'll be another long day at work for me tomorrow. If I can't post the results tonight, it won't be done until tomorrow night.

KTR5 likes this.
  10. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Check out these 2 posts from the last couple days:

intoflatlines likes this.
  11. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

That's a nice summary, but we're going to need the finishing positions of each race to enter the results properly. The calculations for prizes kind of depend on full results.

KTR5 likes this.
  12. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Yea, I get that. Just trying to help a little.

I do find it hard to believe that no one else in D4 saved the replays and can't get these entered.

13. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Wardenclyffe has uploaded 5 replays. I've got them downloaded and will get the data entered, tonight.
    I don't know yet which race he's missing but someone will need to either get it uploaded so I can get it or enter the data from it.

14. joe_diben

joe_diben

Is this the third or fourth week in a row we are experiencing delays because of D4...

aliengamer25 and KTR5 like this.
  15. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The help is appreciated. 87 points for the win might be low enough that it's not in contention for the prizes and zer05ive could go ahead with the results post without detailed results for D4. That would allow us to get the prize selection process started tonight.

That would be four weeks in a row.

16. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

I think I have the replays but I need to know what info you need and will try and get them shortly. Being new, not sure what it is you need

17. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

So, is it possible the room settings last night were different for D2 and D3? The fast lap times seem a bit wonky to me at first glance. Maybe ice changed his oil this week.

JoeW likes this.
  18. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I'm not sure which one of the Diablo races Wardenclyffe had. It's the one where Unleashed started first.

I need to know if that was the first or second race and after that I need the results of the other Diablo race.

5 of 6 D4 races entered in Director's doc. Getting scores over to Results now, while I wait for race 6 data. @GGGMotorsport , just post the results for the other Diablo race here and we'll get the replays taken care of later.

19. GGGMotorsport

GGGMotorsport

Unleashed started from pole in the first Diablo race.

Here are the results from race 6

lfarris3 - 1
    Unleashed 159 - 2
    hooker4 - 3
    floydlovesbritt3 - 4
    Zii1993 - 5
    GrimGrnninGhost - 6
    chatva - 7
    shmibal43 - 8
    Wardenclyffe - 9

zer05ive and Dragonwhisky like this.
  20. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Thank you.

Right or wrong, the scores for D4 are in. So far as I'm concerned, they've abrogated their right to vote by not getting the scores done in a timely fashion.

zer05ive likes this.
  21. Michelin

Michelin Premium

@Skills Thanks for showing me everything that I need to join you guys. I pretend to race this Sunday, so I'll get on driving on the Time Trial as fast as possible! :D Again, thank you!

22. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Good luck

Michelin likes this.
  23. McTrucker

McTrucker

I have a question for those of you who have a DFGT wheel.

This is the first wheel I have used, I got it used, and I am not sure if it is supposed to act like this.
    1. If I am driving in a straight line and take my hand off the wheel the force feedback makes the car start to sway left and right, back and forth. It gets worse the longer I let it go until it spins out. Is that normal?
    2. I also notice that it is harder (than a controller) to correct a mistake when I break traction in a corner. Again the force feedback seems to fight against my attempts to catch myself. Is that normal?

It is getting easier, by I am not sure if this is normal

24. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Turn the force feedback down a ways. Maybe half what it's at now. Both my G27 and DFGT do that when the wheel is not in hand. Certain cars in the game will make it more pronounced.

25. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

If it were up to me, I would have "snailracing.org" in the name of every single league-related online room that is hosted by one of our members. And when I say "league-related", I mean related to any of our series - not just the Sunday night series. The benefits of advertising our league far outweigh the inconsistencies in practice format IMO. Of course, that's not to say that there aren't ways to reduce those frustrations. See below.

I agree that that the only practice session that should be required to stick to the Sunday night format is the "official" practice session on Thursday nights. Any "unofficial" practice should follow the format that those in the room want to follow. Of course, be ith this for the most part. If rooms just have "snailracing.org" and little else, then yes they should be focused on the Sunday combos.

This is a perfect example of what I mean. Rooms like these could be called:

snailracing.org - Open Practice
    snailracing.org - Old Combos
    snailracing.org - Test Session

Agreed. Use snailracing.org if you are hosting any league-related room. Just be sure to add additonals details to the room name to help members and non-members alike know what kind of room you're hosting.

Also, please note that our new logo is going to have "SNAILRACING.ORG" (all caps) incorporated into it. With that in mind, please start putting our web address in call caps when hosting a room so that there's more of a visual link between the room names and our newly designed logo. Thanks!

TEX36, KTR5, joe_diben and 1 other person like this.
  26. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yes it is normal, try force feedback setting of 6. I have one also, if you are using steering assist turn it off. Do you use active steering when playing career? If so it will fight back with the feedback making the car lose traction and harder to correct. Good settings that work for me are 6 force feedback, power assist steering off, and steering sensitivity -2. Hope this helps, any questions let me know through PM.

27. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Maybe I'm biased, but that's got to be the coolest looking helmet in the history of motorsports!! :sly:

Thanks for posting a picture of it, Nick! Would it be possible for you to save those decals when they're removed from the helmet? I'd like to auction them off in the S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace so that the hard-working members of Team S.N.A.I.L. have a chance to own a piece of league history! :)

KTR5, RobbiefromBC and intoflatlines like this.
  28. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Nice video and nice sub-30 lap! Did you just use your own helmet that already have a GoPro (or something similar) already mounted to it? Or you were you able to mount a camera to one of their helmets?

EDIT: Is there any one up still? I could really use a teeny weeny bit of help getting to post #55620 and #55621 :D

29. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

We should use only the 350z-370z for this weeks combo so we all can
    Have some pratice b4 gt academy starts on the 21st loll lol :lol::lol:

llNovall, gmraces, KTR5 and 2 others like this.
  30. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I like that suggestion lol