Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Oneied

Oneied

Can I use any color combo and number as long as its not used in my division? Or by any other snail?

2. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Yes. Info is in my signature.

3. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

94th in the US? I was like... 2 millionth last year! Oh boy I can't wait to get home tonight from work!

4. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

How do you find the US ranking in gt academy? Am I blind I can't find it...just ran a 1:03.422 which put me 85th overall. No clue on US ranking though

5. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

It's in our google docs thingy.

6. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

The leaderboard is changing very quickly, but at the moment, SNAIL is represented by 6 of the top 9 in the US.

@Doodle - 1st (karts)
    @ptslopoke - 4th
    @Adventuruss - 5th
    @martin20az - 6th
    @Neovre - 8th
    @fizzer - 9th

You have to just count the US flags. No sort function at this time.

DATABASE - I'm updating the US rankings manually.

7. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

D3 Mini Potpourri

@Intro
    I hope you know what 'culo' means south of the border.
    [​IMG]
    At the Arch. @moeom
    [​IMG]

Breaking hard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @AG07WRXTR with a strong performance for the night.
    [​IMG]
    @moeom
    [​IMG]
    Pulling a Lewis Hamilton from the Pole. 4th lap and almost a 3 sec lead.
    [​IMG]

Tight quarters at IMS turn 3.
    [​IMG]

Orderly start at turn 1.
    [​IMG]
    @AG07WRXTR hail to the champion of the night.
    [​IMG]
    giving my fellow D3 racers a chance... I started racing on reverse :mischievous:
    [​IMG]
    ... but was not going to fast :ouch:
    [​IMG]

zer05ive, moeom, malachi666 and 4 others like this.
  8. Oneied

Oneied

Thank you. Form has been filled out. Hopefully I did it correctly

KTR5 likes this.
  9. Michelin

Michelin Premium

GT-R stays? Gotta be kiddding me. '-' Well, at least I know my finishing position for two races next Sunday. :(

10. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Small improvement down to a 1:03.566

Now down to 03.485 :lol:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    zer05ive, ptslopoke, AJHG1000 and 4 others like this.
  11. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

You're half right. Aliengamer is still ineligible for prizes as he has not been evaluated for promotion and relegation at this point.

When a prize winner wins the same prize for the second time in a month, the prize get "passed on" to the rest of his division. All members who raced in that division get to make one suggestion and the duplicate winner picks from those suggestions. This is different from the absentee prize winner when the entire league gets to vote on the suggestions.

I will tag @zer05ive and @Dragonwhisky in this post so they know that aliengamer is not eligible for prizes and can make the necessary adjustments.

Mirado_7 likes this.
  12. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

After about 20 tries on the first part of GT academy, my ranking is 1,740th with a time of 1:04.000

13. hillracing

hillracing

I have a DFGT you can use if you pay for the shipping. Any SNAILs going for GTA if you need help I'd be happy to do what I can as far as coaching or advice etc. If you're in the LA area and want to do a track day I'd be happy to coach anyone. Would love to see the SNAIL domination continue from last year. Good luck!!

zer05ive, Nail-27, Nish and 4 others like this.
  14. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Thanks for putting this together KTR. Don't spend to much time doing it as you should be out there setting fast laps also!

Remember everyone. These first rounds mean nothing. Don't get burned out. Focus on peaking in the last event.

ptslopoke and KTR5 like this.
  15. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Ok, I've updated the DATABASE through the top 500 US. (That's a pain in the butt, BTW). I won't be doing that much longer, other than the top 50 or so.

Keep in mind that the real leaderboard is constantly being updated. As an example, in the amount of time it took me to go through the top 5000 times, I dropped from 4593 to 4632.

And just like stated earlier, this is just a preliminary round. All you need to do is "complete" (which I assume means to get at least bronze).

16. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Ran one flying lap. Got a time good enough for gold. Collected by 500,000 cr. and will get back to it for the next event. I probably should have used that time to practice with the Nissan for next week.

JoeW and KTR5 like this.
  17. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

This Nissan Leaf is kinda rough

18. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

New lap time 1.03.438

1.03.405 4th in us

19. ATLskydiver

ATLskydiver

Much respect Hooker...I couldn't manage any better than a 1:04.333 so far...I'll probably give it another stab tomorrow night. D4 represent!

hooker4 likes this.
  20. redsoxboy80

redsoxboy80

I'm not a huge fan of people giving unsolicited advice, but I'm about to give some because I think it's important. This comes from my personal experience so don't take it as doctrine. Just look at as something to think about.

Don't burn yourselves out on these opening time trials. They are pretty much meaningless at this point anyway. It's great for practice but don't exhaust your energy and motivation, you'll need those abundance for the final time trial. The heavy hitters won't really show their hand until that point anyway. You always see teams in any sport rest up before the playoffs so they are fresh when it counts.

I guess that bit goes out to guys who think they have a good shot at this point of going to Nats. If you're not confident you're top 50ish in the US at this point, go do however many laps you feel are necessary. Or go work on the part of your driving that can use the most improvement.

Cheers. And good luck fellas.

zer05ive, Nail-27, KTR5 and 1 other person like this.
  21. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

I love the way this little car gives lift off oversteer, it's a fun car for an electric.

22. zeromisfit999

zeromisfit999

Well if this update ever downloads I'll come out of retirement for a bit

zer05ive, Skills and 88GTA like this.
  23. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

That Leaf will be the death of me. Last night I tried, but I can't get any lower than what I had.

And the GT-R GT3 combo stays as is, dammit.

And in other Nissan related things, after nearly 4 years of it's existence, I finally have a Stealth GT-R GT500 in GT6. Basically a more powerful version with a hawt livery.

Jakedog23 likes this.
  24. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

I actually enjoyed the 2000gt, it just need to be on a different track

25. Neovre

Neovre

Cheers for the advice, also wanted to know are these opening rounds not counted as with the 2013 and 2012?
    went off the enjoy watching some Blancpain GT sprint race and first hour of FIA WEC Silverstone from last weekend.

awesome opening battle at between Audi and Toyota before things start to happen and the excitement wound down.

zer05ive likes this.
  26. VrapPlus

VrapPlus

New time! 1:03.725 722 in Ze world, and 62nd American by my count... What sorcery is this!?

zer05ive, hooker4 and KTR5 like this.
  27. Rolly21581

Rolly21581

some good snail times so far in GT academy :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  28. Worst_Driver

Worst_Driver

Hello guys, GOOD NEWS. I've only got two days left to my semester.
    That means that I'm back to SNAIL on sundays starting next sunday. From april to august, 4 months of racing at last, it's been too long without my sunday night racing. So glad to be back and can't wait to race with you guys again.

I've got a new job for this summer too with a special schedule. 7 days of work away from home and 7 days off at home. So I'll be there only one sunday out of two unfortunately.

See you on sunday. I hope I didn't lost too much driving skills during the last 8 months haha !!!

29. Severn

Severn

Put in some time last night and still can't beat my 1:03.939 yet... I know exactly where I'm losing it... I can't maintain speed through turn 3 (I've got 1 and 2 down to a science, provided that I don't hit the inside cones on turn 1 :irked:)
    Once I get turn 3 down I'm going to take at least .5 off my time easy.

Thanks @KTR5 for doing that database... I started to count my own US position and quickly got bored :lol:

Also, passive thanks to @Doodle as I've been using the data analyzer with your laps to figure out where I'm dropping. :bowdown:

30. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

If you haven't already, send a PM to @JLBowler to properly be reinstated.

I'm SO slow through turn 1. I'm losing over .7 to @Doodle in the first sector and .5 in the second sector (so basically turn 3) and .1 in the third sector. Not that I'm going to get anywhere near him, but it's a good one to compare to.

I've used the analyzer to compare myself with Doodle, and I can see what I'm not doing right, but correcting it is a challenge. I don't want to spend too much time on this, but I know I'm capable of getting in the 1:03.9xx (dropping .440)

Any worthy advice would be appreciated here or in a PM. Thanks!