◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,802 comments
You probably wouldn't want to be that close to the track a La Source now with Grosjean in the pack! :nervous:

I don't think anyone is going to get it at this stage so go on, tell us....What's below his nose?
Gotta wait for the 24 hours...I'll tote up the most correct answers.... And they get the Car if/when GT6 allows gifts....if they don't want it...I'll donate 500,000 Gt6$ to SNAIL to help some newbie get his weekly cars (sponsorship LOL ). I love the...."can't contact SNAIL so and so because he's in school"....there are our future Le Mans winners.
:gtpflag:

Race of Champions
April Season
May 2, 2014
9:30 pm ET

In an effort to assist @Wolfsatz set up this months Race of Champions, here is a list by division of the ranked drivers. PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU CAN OR CAN'T ATTEND

Format:
3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc). WC will be placed in appropriate starting position based on ability.
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid (or was it just done by reverse division only?)

15 races + 1 host (TBD)

<snip>

Since the cars for this look juicy and I will place my vote for that Devil's Lambo to keep them juicy, I will plan on attending. If the votes swing to anything besides the lambo or the BMW, you may consider my attendance canceled.

So far as I recall, the first grid was done reverse by Division and the next 2 were reverse by previous race results.

Race of Champions
April Season
May 2, 2014

In an effort to assist @Wolfsatz set up this months Race of Champions, here is a list by division of the ranked drivers. PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU CAN OR CAN'T ATTEND

Format:
3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc). WC will be placed in appropriate starting position based on ability.
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 races + 1 host (TBD)

Division 1
1- @martin20az
2- @CarCzar
alt7- @fizzer

Division 2
3- @RobbiefromBC (3)
4- @ParkerMO125
alt9- @serge19

Division 3
5- @dabneyd (3)
6- @Dragonwhisky (3)
alt5- @JoeW

Division 4
7- @hooker4
8- @Unleashed
alt6- @FloydC3 (maybe)

Division 5
9- @Munch2487
10 - @TEX36 (7)
alt4- @Grandpa Money

Division 6
11- @Mirado_7 (3)
12- @ExoSphere64
alt8- @rob1nh000d

Division 7
13- @aliengamer25
alt3- @Nail-27

Division 8
14- @dcallnight
alt1- @wvhellbilly
alt10- @Sharkb8ii

West Coast
15- @jpe138083
alt2- @Neovre

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- D7/D8/WC in order of points scored for the month (since only 1 entrant is guaranteed).
2- D1-D6 3rd place finishers in order of points scored for the month
3- D7/D8/WC 3rd place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection

2 of 3 combo's are set:

1- 2000 Mazda Roadster Touring Car at Tsukuba Circuit (3 weeks)

2- Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 at Indy Road Course (2 weeks)

All non-alternates, please vote for one of the following combo's to complete the night. Each combo only raced once.

1- BMW M3 CSL '03 at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward
---(this one was also raced on 3/30 - it makes sense this should be the top choice, but it's up to the voters)---

2- Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 at Deep Forest (one and done)

3- Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (one and done) - 4 votes

4- Abarth 500 '09 at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward

5- Toyota 2000GT '67 at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward

6- Toyota 2000GT '67 at Circuito di Roma

7- Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 at Grand Valley Speedway (Forward) - 1 vote
---ACTIVE COMBO---

I'm sure I've missed something, so please ask if you have any questions!

I will continue update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision and vote.
count me in. I vote 3

Gotta wait for the 24 hours...I'll tote up the most correct answers.... And they get the Car if/when GT6 allows gifts....if they don't want it...I'll donate 500,000 Gt6$ to SNAIL to help some newbie get his weekly cars (sponsorship LOL ). I love the...."can't contact SNAIL so and so because he's in school"....there are our future Le Mans winners.
:gtpflag:

That's fair enough. Btw, you can still get pretty close to the action at Spa nowadays. I was there in 2002 and managed to get a few close ups like this one of Michael Schumacher at Bruxelles hairpin (pardon the quality, it's taken from a print):

Schumi_zpsa72f5e43.jpg

One for the Canucks!

Jacques_zpsa739fa3f.jpg

Your posts prompted me to look at some images from the 1968 GP and the illustrate how crazily unsafe motorsport was at the time.

Brian Redman's front suspension and brakes fail coming into Les Combes:

Brian-Redman-Cooper-Spa_zps2a7e6b24.jpg

His car crashes into and over a concrete barrier where it slams into parked cars!

brian_redman1_zps045c1a62.jpg

His car bursts into flames but, not to worry, there's a couple of lads in with extinguishers on hand. One of them continues to smoke to calm his nerves during the drama!

brian_redman2_zpsc8ab1846.jpg

Redman is dragged carefully from the car. He suffered from minor burns and compound fractures to his right arm. Meanwhile the firefighter heads off in the background still smoking away merrily.

redman_zpsfd8ae79d.jpg

The aftermath.

Last year Lewis Hamilton won the Belgian GP at an average speed of 137 mph. I see Bruce McLaren's average speed in 1968 was over 147 mph. Ah yes, men were men back then.

it's a rag, like Richard Petty always did!
Close enough..a "Tea Towel" we yanks would call it a dish towel. He used it to clean his goggles which you will note were taped up almost to eye level with black electricians tape to keep them from shattering. He had it clenched in his teeth after it tried to escape on the Masta. Just about then a new helmet appeared in Formula 1. Dan Gurney was the first to wear a pure black Bell Star...the first full head helmet. Very heavy...I had one in 72-76. I note that most responders are "old heads". Our racing history is AWESOME...BTW if you haven't seen F1 Rivals Hunt and Lauda on Velocity ...lots of new footage including the British Race at Brands...so to speak the CROWD WENT WILD when the organizers tried to stop Hunt from restarting after a red flag. Best year in F1 history IMHO. Hunt overtook Lauda into Druids...right where I was hugging the fence...along with 80,000 Brits.

Last edited:
Yeah, motorsports in general was really unsafe back then. Think about the days when their helmets were a leather cap!

Awesome Spa pics BTW... that must have been amazing
In those days you could walk all but the hot pits...and sometimes if you snuck in before practice and they'd let you stay!!

Remember in those days the pits (which are still the endurance racing pits I believe) were on the straight leading down hill to Eau Rouge.

quote="Jason M, post: 9613193, member: 257292"][/quote]
II was in the west coast division which it seems you guys have already noticed.I did not realize the other steps necessary. I do apologize if I got in the way.I gather that I need a welcome message to enable me to do the these steps.my question is where do I see this message? Do I just keep checking the thread? Thank you for any assistance and sorry for any extra work anybody had to do and fixing the race results

quote="Jason M, post: 9613193, member: 257292"]
II was in the west coast division which it seems you guys have already noticed.I did not realize the other steps necessary. I do apologize if I got in the way.I gather that I need a welcome message to enable me to do the these steps.my question is where do I see this message? Do I just keep checking the thread? Thank you for any assistance and sorry for any extra work anybody had to do and fixing the race results[/quote]

All good buddy, @zer05ive I meant Skillz... should've tagged you in a welcome post some time ago, I'm pretty sure I saw it, just follow the steps and complete that to-do list and you're good to go. Looking forward to having you in West Coast Div. you were plenty fast

Last edited:
Race of Champions
April Season
May 2, 2014

Format:
3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 races + 1 host (TBD)

Combo #1 is my vote

I vote for #1 the BMW CSL AT APRICOT

Division 1
1- @martin20az
2- @CarCzar
alt7- @fizzer

Division 2
3- @RobbiefromBC (3)
4- @ParkerMO125
alt9- @serge19

Division 3
5- @dabneyd (3)
6- @Dragonwhisky (3)
alt5- @JoeW

Division 4
7- @hooker4
8- @Unleashed
alt6- @FloydC3 (maybe)

Division 5
9- @Munch2487
10 - @TEX36 (7)
alt4- @Grandpa Money

Division 6
11- @Mirado_7 (3)
12- @ExoSphere64
alt8- @rob1nh000d

Division 7
13- @aliengamer25
alt3- @Nail-27

Division 8
14- @dcallnight
alt1- @wvhellbilly
alt10- @Sharkb8ii

West Coast
15- @jpe138083
alt2- @Neovre

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- D7/D8/WC in order of points scored for the month (since only 1 entrant is guaranteed).
2- D1-D6 3rd place finishers in order of points scored for the month
3- D7/D8/WC 3rd place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection

2 of 3 combo's are set:

1- 2000 Mazda Roadster Touring Car at Tsukuba Circuit (3 weeks)

2- Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 at Indy Road Course (2 weeks)

All non-alternates, please vote for one of the following combo's to complete the night. Each combo only raced once.

1- BMW M3 CSL '03 at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward
---(this one was also raced on 3/30 - it makes sense this should be the top choice, but it's up to the voters)---

2- Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 at Deep Forest (one and done)

3- Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (one and done) - 4 votes

4- Abarth 500 '09 at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward

5- Toyota 2000GT '67 at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward

6- Toyota 2000GT '67 at Circuito di Roma

7- Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 at Grand Valley Speedway (Forward) - 1 vote
---ACTIVE COMBO---

I'm sure I've missed something, so please ask if you have any questions!

I will continue update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision and vote.

You should be receiving a Welcome/Procedure message from Bro Skills shortly. Look forward to seeing you on the track.

Close enough..a "Tea Towel" we yanks would call it a dish towel. He used it to clean his goggles which you will note were taped up almost to eye level with black electricians tape to keep them from shattering. He had it clenched in his teeth after it tried to escape on the Masta. Just about then a new helmet appeared in Formula 1. Dan Gurney was the first to wear a pure black Bell Star...the first full head helmet. Very heavy...I had one in 72-76. I note that most responders are "old heads". Our racing history is AWESOME...BTW if you haven't seen F1 Rivals Hunt and Lauda on Velocity ...lots of new footage including the British Race at Brands...so to speak the CROWD WENT WILD when the organizers tried to stop Hunt from restarting after a red flag. Best year in F1 history IMHO. Hunt overtook Lauda into Druids...right where I was hugging the fence...along with 80,000 Brits.

Ha, I love all this! I actually met James Hunt the following year (1977). He was in Dublin to open a new Texaco petrol station less than 1/2 a mile down from my home. The place was mobbed so it was only a brief exchange of pleasantries.

Speaking of British crowds going wild at Brands Hatch, I was there in 1986 when Nigel Mansell won in the last F1 race held at that great track. Here's a post I put together on an Irish petrolhead's website with some of the photos I took that weekend.

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?9871-1986-F1-British-GP-Pics&p=170359#post170359

quote="Jason M, post: 9613193, member: 257292"]
II was in the west coast division which it seems you guys have already noticed.I did not realize the other steps necessary. I do apologize if I got in the way.I gather that I need a welcome message to enable me to do the these steps.my question is where do I see this message? Do I just keep checking the thread? Thank you for any assistance and sorry for any extra work anybody had to do and fixing the race results

Your welcome post was right here. Welcome post Post # 57324 from skills

You should be receiving a Welcome/Procedure message from Bro Skills shortly. Look forward to seeing you on the track.
Pretty sure he already did

Been practicing and oh... I missed my class... oh well.... Room ID : 1472-6118-4216-8215-2675

@chuyler1 seems to me your must win!
I don't think that's what SNAIL is all about.
You will win but for now you must learn the driving habits and abilities of your opponents as well of your own, it will come to you.
Don't leave because your not the fastest, best unbeatable driver, chances are you may get there and some guy like yourself will be coming up to knock you off that podium!
No it really isn't about that. It is the passing that is most enjoyable to me. I haven't won a race since I was in D4 and I'm fine with that.

Back