◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Hey
I think I can see where the confusion may have been. The instructions say to post it in the "main" thread, but if someone is new to GTPlanet or SNAIL, that might not be very clear. Maybe it should be changed to say "this" thread?
hey man thanks just didn't understand and I guess that's what everyone that's lol will do when their son don't understand something.... Thanks a lot zero

I welcome him - didn't see much in the posts (prob thankfully) - and we all make mistakes.

Learn, move on, be better tomorrow.

That's MY goal, today.
Wise man thanks

I just took a glance at submitted time trials (you will be getting a message tomorrow if you haven't already) and somebody is moving out of D8 to make room. This may or may not trigger a series of mid month moves for some drivers between divisions. All drivers should keep an eye on my posts and updates to the drivers list this week. There could be a good bit of driver movement from D8 working upward.

IT'S THROWBACK THURSDAY!!

Here are the rules (please follow them):
  1. Anyone can start a topic
  2. Include a picture or video in your post
  3. Stay on topic
Since nobody else has started a topic, the topic I'm choosing is "My first car"

Mine was an '91 Acura Integra LS. It was a hand-me-down from my older sister because my parents wouldn't let her take the car with her when she left for college. So it technically wasn't "mine".. which was something my sister reminded me of often.. :lol:

It eventually got passed down to my little sister and then sat at my parents house for me. I then took it and used is as a "short trip" car for years. Just sold it a few years ago for $500.

teggy004.jpg

(not my pic)​

Last edited:
IT'S THROWBACK THURSDAY!!

Here are the rules (please follow them):
  1. Anyone can start a topic
  2. Include a picture or video in your post
  3. Stay on topic
Since nobody else has started a topic, the topic I'm choosing is "My first car"

Mine was an '91 Acura Integra LS. It was a hand-me-down from my older sister because my parents wouldn't let her take the car with her when she left for college. So it technically wasn't "mine".. which was something my sister reminded me of often.. :lol:

It eventually got passed down to my little sister and then sat at my parents house for me. I then took it and used is as a "short trip" car for years. Just sold it a few years ago for $500.

teggy004.jpg

(not my pic)​

Oh man, luckyyy. An Integra is a car you can really drive. I started out on a mid-nineties Ford Aerostar, then graduated "up" to a 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis which I dubbed "grandma". Had a 5.0L V8 though. Met my wife on that bench seat.

My first car was a 1969 Ford Capri 2000GT. I got it in 1979 and, unfortunately, by then the original and massively powerful (92bhp) 2 Litre engine had been replaced by a 1.3. Probably just as well considering how I drove it!

Not my pic, but it was the exact match of this one:

Ford-Capri-mk1_05_zpsadf6c4d1.jpg

I'm a bit embarrassed to post it but, here in the states they called it a 410, not sure why. In other countries I think it was named Bluebird. The pic below isn't of my car, but it's close enough. I bought on the advice of my sister and after driving it for several months, where it wouldn't go up Cajon Pass, I15 in SoCal, at better than about 40MPHs and it was so slow that when I would come down Cajon I would put it in neutral and coast it down, achieving speeds of around 65-70MPHs, it was hard to tell most days how fast the thing went since the speedometer tended to bounce wildly the faster you did get it moving. Pretty sure it was running on 3 of the 4 cylinders when I bought it.
The 1965 410/Bluebird, bought in 1982 and didn't look near as good as the pic below. It died finally on Reche Canyon Rd and the only reason I didn't have to walk all the way to my Mother's house, about another 10 miles, was a policeman drove by and gave me a bunch of crap over where I'd pulled it over and the fact there were no hazard blinkers on the car.
1965_Datsun_410_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

Why on earth would I want to remember all that. Haven't owned, nor will I ever own another Datsun. I don't care how many times they change their name.

Last edited:
My First car was a 1992 Eagle talon TSI (turbo/awd). Probably the best possible first car for someone into cars.

I bought it when I was 15 not-running, spent all winter getting it going, and after getting my license went straight to the drag strip (my friends all were F-body fan-boys)

by the time I was 17 I had a 20g turbo on it (in 1999 that was the hot/cool turbo) , ran racegas 24/7 (gas was semi cheap) dyno'd 393 whp on stock suspension and crappy all season tires, genious combination

Keep in mind this was 1998-99, imports were just starting to get popular...especially in Georgia.

I went through:

Countless turbos at least 10
3 motors 1 stock, 2 built
4 clutches
2 transfer cases
3 transmission (two were built with EVO III gearsets)
just about ever other part possible at least once

Eventually when "tuning" (aka doing highway pulls at 3 in the morning in the middle of no-where, looking at your O2 sensor readings, and adjusting the boost) I threw a rod through the oil pan of the car. Gave up, parted it out said "i think i want to try this whole turning thing" and bought a miata...

Dude, you're in Georgia? We should get together. Ever attend autocross events? I'm in Atlanta (obviously).

My First car was a 1992 Eagle talon TSI (turbo/awd). Probably the best possible first car for someone into cars.

I bought it when I was 15 not-running, spent all winter getting it going, and after getting my license went straight to the drag strip (my friends all were F-body fan-boys)

by the time I was 17 I had a 20g turbo on it (in 1999 that was the hot/cool turbo) , ran racegas 24/7 (gas was semi cheap) dyno'd 393 whp on stock suspension and crappy all season tires, genious combination

Keep in mind this was 1998-99, imports were just starting to get popular...especially in Georgia.

I went through:

Countless turbos at least 10
3 motors 1 stock, 2 built
4 clutches
2 transfer cases
3 transmission (two were built with EVO III gearsets)
just about ever other part possible at least once

Eventually when "tuning" (aka doing highway pulls at 3 in the morning in the middle of no-where, looking at your O2 sensor readings, and adjusting the boost) I threw a rod through the oil pan of the car. Gave up, parted it out said "i think i want to try this whole turning thing" and bought a miata...

Not mine pictured, but I started with an '88 ford ranger 2L I4 - lots of teenage late night shenanigans in that thing:
1988_ford_ranger_s_red_in_dona_vista_florida_100676145208060755.jpg

from there:
'89/90 Camaro, 5L(?) V8
'96 S-10 2.2L I4
'04 GTO 5.7L V8
'06 Xterra 2WD 4.0 V6
'08 G8 GT 6.0L

I even learned to drive on this pile. The pic isn't mine, but nearly identical. The main differences are that mine had no running boards, and instead of light blue, the stripe was grey/silver. They stopped using that color partway through the year when they realized that it only lasted about 18 months before it just peeled off in big chunks, so you can imagine how it ended up looking after 10 years :)

The Beauville (yes, that's what Chevy called it) came with either the 305 or the 350. Guess which one I had? Gutless as could be, heavy as a tank and the speedo only went to 85, but I didn't know any better. Plus, I could fit a dozen people in it if I really wanted to. I kinda miss it, actually.

Chevrolet_Beauville_--_01-17-2011.jpg

Dude, you're in Georgia? We should get together. Ever attend autocross events? I'm in Atlanta (obviously).

I was in Georgia (Atlanta) I moved to Colorado a few years ago though!

I did do ton of autoxing at the baseball stadium over the years if you were doing that a 4-5 years ago..

My first car was a 1990 Toyota Levin with 16 16 engine very good acceleration easy to handle did a lot of racing on the street it also had a very loud muffler...
30875400001_large.jpg
I got caught in the middle of two Subaru one night that was the sweetest night ever my car was natural but it didn't sound that way blow off valve in front and behind omg it was awesome.

I'm young so my first cars were really my parents but I was the sole driver. First I had a 2002 Toyota Corolla and now a 2006 Nissan Sentra. They're okay cars. Nothing special. I only just got seriously into cars 5 years ago so when I actually save up for my own car, I know it's gonna be a driver's car of my own choice. Probably MX-5, because race car.

1978 Plain Jane Camaro , inline 6 cylinder.. Drove it bout 6 months, dropped a pretty healthy 350 in it. Drove the crap out of it.. Didn't know exhibition of acceleration was against the law til I got a ticket! Cop actually came to my house hours later and gave me the ticket, guess he wanted mom to be aware.. Good times in that car..

My first car is a brand new Lexus IS250 2012 with FSport package hence my name FSport IS :D. I drive it hard everyday, push it to the limit in autocross and it still runs smooth like the first day. Big props to Lexus on reliability.

Brand new Lexus IS250 2012 with F Sport package. Just replaced stock wheel with TSW lightweight rotary forged wheels together with Eibach lower springs.
5zgtgn.jpg

I like the Lexus IS model so much, I recently bought another Lexus IS350 which has more HP (~300 HP). :D Here is my Lexus IS350 with full F Sport springs/shocks/sway bar upgrades running on a autocross.
f0c9ys.jpg

I love my cars very much. They are comfortable daily driver, and fun to drive when being pushed hard.

It is easy to guess that my dream car is Lexus LFA. I have seen it so many times in person but can't afford one :( Keep buying the lotto and keep day dreaming...

Last edited:
All photos are not mine - represent the old cars, and are pretty close in color. Anything that was mine was in far worse condition than these pics - anything from my parents was in better condition than any pic would show!

Learned to drive - 1979 Westfalia. (RIP - 1985, headfirst into a tree)

nDWI5cB.jpg

Mostly drove in high school - 1981 Jetta GLI.

VmWZvk7.jpg

Dad didn't let me drive his car when I was in High School - 1982 BMW 535i

e0E5399.jpg

What I actually drove to college - my 1979 blue (Che)vette

oqJufvb.jpg

Once that one died a slow, miserable death, I took on my grandfather's car, a 1963 Dodge Dart. Under 20,000 miles on a slant six.

2tbfXyY.jpg

The interior was spacious, with a push-button transmission (left side of console)

IydBB6s.jpg

The driver's list has been updated once again. No movement of existing drivers at this time but it's still a very real possibility before Sunday.

Also, if you submitted a time trial under the name jwjacks, you need to start a conversation with me and let me know your correct GTPlanet ID.

This was my first purchased car at 18 in 1997. A '91 Camaro RS. I bought it stock, but after 3-4 years if owning it, it was time to make it faster. I had a Chevy 355ci engine in it (400hp ish) and then after 2 years, rebuilt it into a stroker 385ci setup (almost 500hp). Both were backed by a prepped th350 auto trans. The car on the outside was always left as seen in this picture. For you drag racing junkies, I had the car in the 12.50's on normal street radial tires, but never risked blowing the diff with slicks.
image.jpg

image.jpg

My current car: 2001 Camaro Z28. After letting go of the '91 in 2005, 2 years later, I decided it was time to get another Camaro. I've had this car since 2007, with no plans of letting this one go.

Last edited:
hahaha, we have DRIVE_ANGRY in our division 8... I hope the rest will not be REST_IN_PEACE :D jokking! Please don't drive too angry alright but drive_happy please :D. Our Division 8 seems to have many new members now, welcome all to the house :cheers:

Back